+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Describe your ideal partner.

i wonder what he thinks about gays then....who is supposed to sit at home and prepare dinner for the kids in that situation...
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, that's easy. Gays would have been the never-married farm hands who snuck off to do their secret dirty business via the back doors of churches and the like.

Of course, I happen to think sexual orientation is something that should be kept private homo or hetero, regardless. The appearance of children was simply proof of principle.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    "My sort". LOL, what a hypocrite you are, on your laptop computer typing on LoveForum into the evening...

I grant you, there is a 'disconnect' between our modern technological society & what actually feeds us. So, what do you propose beyond what I already mentioned regards my summer gardening? Should I really get out there and make possum pie for supper tomorrow?
    Did you really believe that by throwing in the likes of a Beverly Hilllbillies quip it could dismiss you from exploring every possible cost and family saving exploit in our modern world?

Try again.

Alright, I'm going to push you here:
    It's about time.

how far back should we go? Do you want to push it back to pre-Sumeria before the end of the hunter-gather society? I mean, things got really interesting once humans started farming & living in villages, right? I wonder if the hunter-gather folk complained bitterly like you about this 'newfangled farming thing'?
    So before Monsanto introduced "Ready Round Up" immune crops which have cross pollinated across the furthest reaches of this earth, while the maize gene pool suffers, people become sicker, and Monsanto sues anyone within a radius of their sanctioned turncoat parcels because they've detected cross pollination through legally sanctioned/lobbied/bought forays onto private lands which never even spoke the trade name out loud much less employed them in any like or manner?

I hear one can still get a really cheap cave in parts of northern South America. Bring your own chloroquinine, tho.
    And why the rest of South America rightfully grow their own.... come hell or costly irrigation water.

What is your point?

Why do you continue to throw up tangents like futile depth charges before my hull's hardened and cutting edge?

Oh, that's easy. Gays would have been the never-married farm hands who snuck off to do their secret dirty business via the back doors of churches and the like.

Of course, I happen to think sexual orientation is something that should be kept private homo or hetero, regardless. The appearance of children was simply proof of principle.
    You need to log off for a bit.

Homosexuality has never entered the equation, and I'm sure the homosexual of this world would be horrified that you employ their unrelated to the topic persuasion to eventually concede defeat in a debate you're noteably floundering in.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not Indig, Doc. I was making a facetious post in response to her inflammatory one that preceded mine.

I suppose I could have just ignored her post. Shrug. She was probably sick of us monopolizing the thread.

So, your argument so far:

The problem is feminists. Career women. A loss of our grassroots. Monsanto & GM crops? Make up your damned mind already.

I think the real problem is just a lack of commitment. Period. You & I are on complete different sides of the human coin, I think. You want human progress to slow down (or go backwards). I want humans to hurry up & achieve all they can. If Montsanto can GM crops that will grow on the moon (or more likely, Mars) then lets get at it already.

Leave all the hippies like you back on earth to grub in the dirt if that's what makes you happy.

Answer my last question, Doc: If being a farmer is so great, why the 'Doc' thing, then? Where's your self-consistency?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I'm not Indig, Doc. I was making a facetious post in response to her inflammatory one that preceded mine.

I suppose I could have just ignored her post. Shrug. She was probably sick of us monopolizing the thread.

So, your argument so far:

The problem is feminists. Career women. A loss of our grassroots. Monsanto & GM crops? Make up your damned mind already.
    Problems seldom have just one root cause, but are caused mainly by problems rooting all humanity.

I think the real problem is just a lack of commitment. Period. You & I are on complete different sides of the human coin, I think. You want human progress to slow down (or go backwards). I want humans to hurry up & achieve all they can. If Montsanto can GM crops that will grow on the moon (or more likely, Mars) then lets get at it already.
    Not backwards.... just smarter than the current industrialized crop of slapwits.

Leave all the hippies like you back on earth to grub in the dirt if that's what makes you happy.
    I'd rather leave the whole lot on earth and take my nuclear family to a distant planet for a reprieve on complete and total ignorance.

Answer my last question, Doc: If being a farmer is so great, why the 'Doc' thing, then? Where's your self-consistency?
    This really surprises me about you.

If you must know... I actually, all joking aside, chose my username based on a hotel shown episode of Bugs Bunny in subtitles.

I am not a Doc, Dr, nor Doctor of anything tangible in university's realms.

But I count myself far more fortunate by that fact.

I think we'd get along if we knew each other in real life. But in isolated and managed spells.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    If you must know... I actually, all joking aside, chose my username based on a hotel shown episode of Bugs Bunny in subtitles.
    Ah, and I didn't Google (I often don't, fyi--my posts are the real deal, mistakes & all). We don't watch television, so ref is lost to me.

I am not a Doc, Dr, nor Doctor of anything tangible in university's realms.

But I count myself far more fortunate by that fact.
    Yea. Bunch of stuck up, cloud living asshats anyway, no worries.

I think we'd get along if we knew each other in real life. But in isolated and managed spells.
    Agreed. You'd take your family into space. That's good enough for me. Being a colonist would take a lot of the same characteristics that our farmers and such require, I think. It wouldn't be a cakewalk, for sure.

Thanks for the interesting argument this evening, Doc. You make a lot of valid points that I think are worth thinking about some more. I'm off for this pm as well.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

The pleasure has been mine as well.

Ideal partner is a misnomer...that being said....I like these attributes...

*quirky wit
    *intelligence
    *stubbornness
    * the ability to stand his ground and defend his principles
    *holds traditional values when it comes to relationships
    *doesn't take life too seriously
    and last but certainly not least....
    *the ability to laugh in bed...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I need someone who will argue with me & not get their panties in a knot.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I don't even wear panties...

most days...

And here I was trying to picture the good Doctor in a pair of edible underwear....c'est la vie.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Looks like I'm out of the pool boy running for you tonight, Doc. Edible undies are a tough offer to beat!
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Looks like I'm out of the pool boy running for you tonight, Doc. Edible undies are a tough offer to beat!
    Had Montezuma's Revenge the other week. You're not missing out on anything.... tonight, tonight...tonight?

(Phil Collins' original lyrics before the British government tried to tax him for superfluous wordplay and he moved to a sheltered tax haven.)

weren't you guys going to sleep? get a room already!
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast