+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What gets on your nerves?

I don't feel like welcoming new people to the forum in Intro anymore ~ because they all look like fake accounts to me now since all the fake accounts made recently.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

People who have what should be a private conversation on their phone while they are shopping or waiting in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    People who have what should be a private conversation on their phone while they are shopping or waiting in line.
    Agreed. I can even expand on that with two related peeves...

People who have a conversation on their phone when it is their turn in the shopping line. (I don't know if I am weird, but I feel like this is EXTREMELY rude to the cashier, not to mention the other customers behind you in the even that the cashier might need to ask you something/verify something and you are therefore causing an unnecessary delay.)

AND

People who have their loud and/or private phone conversation pretty much ANYWHERE that other people have to hear it. I don't want to be forced to her your conversation and you shouldn't want me to either. So, go find somewhere private to have it. I know sometimes there aren't the best of options for a private place, but there is almost always something at least semi-private, or if nothing else it could wait a little bit until you can find somewhere.

My last visit here I think I posted a few posts before the forum kicked me off and after I couldn't even access it as it threw up an error at me for almost 30 minutes and I gave up. This a regular occurrence again on here? Or am I just unlucky with posting on this particular website?

Quote Originally Posted by topazlight View Post
    My last visit here I think I posted a few posts before the forum kicked me off and after I couldn't even access it as it threw up an error at me for almost 30 minutes and I gave up. This a regular occurrence again on here? Or am I just unlucky with posting on this particular website?
    If you haven't already, I would suggest allowing the option for you to always remain logged in. That helps at least... but yeah.... those kind of errors have been pretty common around here, sadly. It isn't all the time, but here and there you will try to access the site and just won't be able to for a while.

When I go shopping and they do not have the sale items that they advertised.

To many things to list to be honest

People who try to steal from others, especially people in familes.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Men who do not give up their seat for a pregnant woman or elderly person. Actually, I won't be sexist..a woman could do the same.

typos when i type and catching them and having to edit.

crumbs on my clothes, along with pet hair on clothes.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Men who do not give up their seat for a pregnant woman or elderly person. Actually, I won't be sexist..a woman could do the same.
    I actually have one of my own that relates to this. I am the type where I will always give my seat up to an elderly person or pregnant woman if there seems to be no seats left. Heck, I will usually even do so just for a woman in general. It isn't a macho or sexist thing, it just feels to me like the right thing to do.

The train company that runs the trains I use every day for work (I am withholding the name to protect the disgustingly guilty) SUCKS! They suck bad and they don't care that the suck. So, often times many of us get stuck standing. What drives me up a frigging wall is that several of the people who get stuck standing.... once they are standing they basically never bother to sit down even when a seat becomes available. I don't know why, but it makes me feel like a jerk sitting when so many other people are still standing, so often times I wind up standing too even though seats have become available. I know it is stupid, but I can't help it. For some reason it is like a very low-grade OCD sort of thing with me. I HATE it. Why the Hell can't people just sit the F word down when seats open up so I can feel like I can?! LOL!

Again, it is stupid. If they don't sit, I should just go ahead and sit. But for some reason I just can't. So I get stuck standing and grumpy.

Yeah I don't have that problem. If I see seats open and people aren't sitting, I ain't getting up. I don't take public transportation that often unless I am heading to the airport. When I do travel abroad and taking pub trans, I do always give my seat up for the elderly, kids, or anyone in need.

What also bothers me are people traveling with luggage on buses or trains and they put them on a seat and not allow others to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by madotnw_nihs View Post
    Yeah I don't have that problem. If I see seats open and people aren't sitting, I ain't getting up. I don't take public transportation that often unless I am heading to the airport. When I do travel abroad and taking pub trans, I do always give my seat up for the elderly, kids, or anyone in need.

What also bothers me are people traveling with luggage on buses or trains and they put them on a seat and not allow others to sit.
    Oh, no, for some reason in my bizarre mind, that is entirely different. If I am already sitting and there ARE still seats open... yet somebody chooses to stand anyway, then HELL no am I giving up my seat to them. I find those people just as annoying. If there is a seat available TAKE IT! The only way I let that slide (and will even do the same myself) is if somebody who obviously doesn't NEED to sit (so like not somebody elderly or a pregnant lady or whatever) chooses to stand when there are only a few seats left because they know they will eventually fill up at another stop and some people will be standing anyway.

In addition to the people who put their bags in the seat... You know who else I can't stand? The people who will get to an empty seat (nobody else sitting there yet) and BLATANTLY sit on the OUTSIDE spot rather than sit all the way in. Then, if somebody wants to use the empty seat beside them, they have to actually stop and ask them to move so they can sit down. The proper etiquette is to sit first in the inner-most seat so if somebody else wants to use the other open seat/seats, they can sit right down without having to wait for you to get out of the damn way, thereby also holding everybody else up behind them.

I will say I do sit on the outside seat when they are both open. BUT I scoot in automatically when someone walks by.

I'll let you slide, then.... maybe. LOL!

Can I honestly ask you.... then why bother? I've never understood that. Now, given that you slide in to let other people use the seat, I don't really care all that much... but most of the people I see do that DON'T slide in unless somebody actually asks to sit there. That, to me, is what makes it very rude. To me, it makes it seem like they are just blatantly doing it knowing that most people will just look for another seat instead of asking them to move. I imagine they are just doing it hoping that nobody sits there after all and they can have it to themselves. Hell... I am for sure pretty anti-social myself. I don't WANT to sit with other people if I can help it. But, it's just the proper etiquette on public transportation.

Again, I have no beef with you, though, since at least you make the effort to move without somebody actually having to ask.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast