+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: God Designed Sex for Marriage

First off i don't even know what contracetion is
    Contraception, as I explained in my first post, includes "birth control / condoms."
    secondly I have never mentioned sex as being a sin or a crime in anything that i have wrote.
    Hmmm... "God made sex for marriage and it should be kept that way." That says:
    1. God designed sex for marriage.
    2. To have sex outside of marriage is to go against what God designed.
    3. (implicit in Biblical doctrine) To go against God is to sin.
    4. Conclusion: if you have premarital sex, you sin.

Thirdly i never said that anyone person was crap just that what they wrote was.
    Firstly, at the point where you say that everything a person writes is crap, you are saying the same about that person. How are you going to distinguish between what a person writes and who that person is? So I'm not crap but what I think is crap? Therefore, if I was braindead or kept my lips sealed I'd be fine. I think not. If anything is crap, its a three word response without any reasoning behind it.

Besides, it just shows your immaturity (its okay, you're only 16). You asked for opinions, you got them, now you have done exactly what you complain about others doing unto you:
    1. You have demeaned those of dfifferent beliefs.
    2. You are ignoring what is being said and just dismissing it without any comment.

So if you wanna take my words outta context that's fine
    See above, if you don't see what words mean, don't speak them.
    You can't destroy what they really say.
    Ha! What did they say. They said "I'm right, what you said is crap." Brilliant.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Squirrley *applauds* and *claps* with much admiration to you MVP-thank you-
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Ha! What did they say. They said "I'm right, what you said is crap." Brilliant.[/QUOTE] Now what i say is crap isn't that going the same route that you said that i was heading in? Hummmm???? I think so Huston. Now if you have no more little comments to make about me then that'd be one step foreward to stop showing your immaturity too huh? If you have something else to say about me go ahead cause guess what i'm not gonna loose sleep over it.
    Last edited by sweetie_88; 13-06-04 at 09:46 AM. Reason: quote mess
    Amatures built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
    -Mark Lowary

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie_88
    Now what i say is crap isn't that going the same route that you said that i was heading in?
    Yes it is, I've clearly outlined why, you are unable to respond. My argument prevails.
    Hummmm???? I think so Huston.
    Houston, not Huston. Hummmmm?
    Now if you have no more little comments to make about me then that'd be one step foreward to stop showing your immaturity too huh?
    No, I respond to your arguments. I offer you a way to explain your thoughts and show me that you have valid reasonings behind what you say.

Besides, since you completely and utterly failed to respond to this part, everything I said herein is correct, I mean, no one can dispute, you sure can't:
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya
    Secondly, there's some contextual differences you need to take into account. When the bible was written, no such thing as birth control / condoms existed, so sex would generally result in children, these children would be born out of wedlock and known as "bastards." Thats where the sin comes in. With the advent of many modern forms of contraception its hard to be sure whether having safe intercourse is sinful. Its not a sin to have premarital love, why should premarital sex be treated differently? If anything, love is far more powerful. Even moreso, if a man and a woman love each other, are monogamous, and effectually live together but never want to get married in an institution, is that sinful?

That aside, where do you get that so many teens have sex before marriage and regret it later on? I think you're assuming an incompatiblity that is not necessarily there. I've seen friends get married and they weren't the most monogamous people I knew, but now they are married and they're not having difficulty staying true or do they regret past actions, and, yes, I have discussed it with them. For them it was part of growing up and preparing for whats to come. In the olden days, men didn't have to do that, women were 2nd class citizens who would get picked by men, or their marriages would be arraigned by their parents. Not the same these days (thank god), people need to find compatible partners and they need to have an accurate understanding of who they are, not lock it up inside only to come to a realization when 2 / 3 rds of their life has passed.

As for the type of girl guys want to marry. While I don't think any guy wants to marry girls that have been very promiscuous, that doesn't mean they are necessarily looking for a virgin either. If I marry someone, I want someone who is comfortable with who she is and I'm not going to blame her for not being faithful to me before she met me.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Thank you so much for your support. This place needs more people like you in it. Anyways thanks again, and hope to talk soon.
    Sorry Sweetie, but I wasn't supporting you when I wrote that. I was just defending myself. I don't care what others feel is right or wrong. I respect it, but it doesn't affect my life. I only wanted to show you that you need to be a lot more delicate and open minded when stating an opinion. There's bound to be HOARDS of people that disagree with you.
    Last edited by Breezy18; 13-06-04 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy18
    Sorry Sweetie, but I wasn't supporting you when I wrote that. I was just defending myself. I don't care what others feel is right or wrong. I respect it, but it doesn't affect my life. I only wanted you show you that you need to be a lot more delicate and open minded when stating an opinion. There's bound to be HOARDS of people that disagree with you.
    Only a christian would know how i feel and know to understand others points of view but not to share them.
    -Mark Lowary

Of course theres going to be people who disagree with her...but her problem is that she cant decipher let alone seperate these issues...WE are individuals and have OUR OWN OPINIONS! I wont allow sweetie or anyone to tell me that I am wrong..

OH HELL NO!!! THEYRE MY OWN OPINIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya
    Yes it is, I've clearly outlined why, you are unable to respond. My argument prevails.

Houston, not Huston. Hummmmm?
    No, I respond to your arguments. I offer you a way to explain your thoughts and show me that you have valid reasonings behind what you say.

Besides, since you completely and utterly failed to respond to this part, everything I said herein is correct, I mean, no one can dispute, you sure can't:
    whatever nothing you say will change my points of view anyways so keep saying what you have to say but no sleep will be lost on your accusations tonight or any other on the accout of you
    -Mark Lowary

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley
    Of course theres going to be people who disagree with her...but her problem is that she cant decipher let alone seperate these issues...WE are individuals and have OUR OWN OPINIONS! I wont allow sweetie or anyone to tell me that I am wrong..

OH HELL NO!!! THEYRE MY OWN OPINIONS!
    same thing iv'e been trying to say myself
    -Mark Lowary

Only a christian would know how i feel and know to understand others points of view but not to share them.
    Okay, first off, I never said what I do and don't share. And secondly, I'm only a Christian because I was baptised in the faith. I don't practice it. I used the crucifixian as a reference point because I thought it was something you would understand. Obviously, I was wrong. This argument is petty and futile. No one can possibly win.

[QUOTE=Breezy18]Okay, first off, I never said what I do and don't share. And secondly, I'm only a Christian because I was baptised in the faith. I don't practice it. I used the crucifixian as a reference point because I thought it was something you would understand.[QUOTE]Then you don't know what a Christian is. It's not a practice, a cult, or just something you can be because you say u are it's so much more than that. It's believing being baptized dosent mean you are a christian there is so much more to it than that.
    -Mark Lowary

whatever nothing you say will change my points of view anyways so keep saying what you have to say but no sleep will be lost on your accusations tonight or any other on the accout of you
    Did you just say... "whatever"? hmmm.. that sounds like a teenage thing to do.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Sure, and I lose no sleep either.

But if your goal was to have people change their minds you lost horribly because you're not winning any of your arguments.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Sticks and stones people sticks and stones.
    -Mark Lowary

NONE!!! what is her point?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast