+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Pictures! Of you, your pets, flower garden, trips away, city shots or .....

Did it help talking and sitting by him kinda dressed up as him as a superhero :] being in a full covered (face covered) costume? He looks like he is digging it to me. It's cool to me that you can sit & have a photo with them and be that close besides them.

That's your own belt? You have lots of fun stuff. What a good idea to get it signed. Huge memento along with the photo.

Whaaaaaaaaaat you did those costumes in same day? That's a real commitment do do a changing up while at the event. Did you lose the finger that broke off, or saw & kept it, could you glue it back on? To me it looks REAL.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

cool pics, theeviljester. looks like a good time and a lot of fun.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Thanks, Exeter! It was a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    Did it help talking and sitting by him kinda dressed up as him as a superhero :] being in a full covered (face covered) costume? He looks like he is digging it to me. It's cool to me that you can sit & have a photo with them and be that close besides them.

That's your own belt? You have lots of fun stuff. What a good idea to get it signed. Huge memento along with the photo.

Whaaaaaaaaaat you did those costumes in same day? That's a real commitment do do a changing up while at the event. Did you lose the finger that broke off, or saw & kept it, could you glue it back on? To me it looks REAL.

Well.... it MAY have helped if I had been in full costume the whole time, but I came up to him unmasked so I could meet him first, then put on the mask and wig. I was already wearing the rest. So, by then IF the mask would have made me less shy due to anonymity, it would have been too late for that anyway. LOL!

Yeah, the belt is my own replica version. I actually have several different replica championship belts. They are not real at all. The real ones that they actually use in wrestling are actual gold, real leather, etc. The replica ones they typically sell are just made to LOOK real.... but honestly, you can't really tell the difference in pictures. So, I love it. (On a side note: They actually DO sell replica belts that they make EXACTLY the same as the real ones so it basically is like owning your own wrestling championship belt.... but they are really expensive. Since the replica ones they sell LOOK almost identical, they work just fine for me.)

I did the Deadpool/Ric Flair mashup just for Flair. Beyond that, I was Fredpool at that convention. So, yes, I did both costumes in one day. LOL! But, there really wasn't much difference between the two. I just took off the Freddy sweater, glove, and hat, then put on the Deadpool jacket, Flair robe, and Flair wig and grabbed the NWA Championship belt.

The finger broke off of my Freddy glove in such a way that maybe I could have glued it, but it probably wouldn't have worked out very well. It was just one of those plastic Halloween ones. So, it's not like it is very difficult or expensive to replace. So, I threw it out and will get a new one next month.
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 25-08-16 at 08:11 AM.

Wonderful photographs you posted, TheEvilJester. You have a fun hobby and look to be very tall from your photos. The details of your costumes are great and clearly you put a lot of thought into it and committed fully. I have one picture of myself and friends dressed up if I can downsize it I will try to add it another day into my private folder for others on my account to see.

It is so much fun. I'd always seen pictures of other cosplayers online and it looked so awesome. The problem is I have no artistic talent and knew I could never MAKE anything... but really good costumes (cosplay quality stuff, not just Halloween stuff you can buy in any Halloween store) can be SUPER expensive.

Just so happens that Deadpool was simple enough that I was able to get everything needed fairly easily and fairly affordably. Plus, he is my favorite character to cosplay anyway, so it was fun starting right off with my favorite. So, now that I've finally actually done i myself, I've found that I LOVE cosplaying at various events.

It's funny that you say I look tall in my pics. I've never noticed that before, but I'll have to look again. It's funny.... because I'm not. LOL! I'm not short, mind you... but I'm pretty average in height. I hate it, actually. I always wished I was just a little taller. Or, Hell, being a 7 + foot giant would also be kinda groovy.

Anyways, I always love seeing people in their costumes, be the super elaborate cosplay or even just simple little fun Halloween costumes! So, if you do post, please let us know. I'd love to see.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post

Oh, I LOVE it. It is so much fun. In the past, I'd only ever gone to one convention, and it was one I went to with my ex because she wanted to go and didn't have any other way to go. It was not one that really interested me at all. Last year, I went to Monster Mania as the first ever convention I ever chose to go to myself.... and I LOVED it. I didn't have a costume yet then, but figured maybe I would do that the next time.

Then, in June, Wizard World Comic Con came right near where I work... and as it just so happens, I had collected all the pieces for a Deadpool costume. I decided to go and found that getting to go in costume made it SO much more fun for me than it already was!

As for the heat, I am almost NEVER bothered by the heat. I walk around in long black clothing and wool beanies even in 100 degree weather and it doesn't bother me. ....But even I have my limits. The convention is inside, so I was fine for the most part.... but there were several times we had to walk around outside for one reason or another. I was wearing a Freddy Krueger sweater with a built in latex chest and Leather Deadpool pants. LOL! I was DYING. ....But for me, it was worth it.

For my next Deadpool spinoff, I have several great ideas, so I guess it will depend on a couple factors. 1) Which convention will be my next? I have different ideas for what to be at a comic con vs. a horror con. I usually like to be all mysterious with my costumes, so normally I wouldn't want to tell...

But I doubt anybody here will even really remember by the time I actually use it.... So one costume I will definitely be planning for soon (probably for the next time I do a horror convention) is "Shaun of the Deadpool." Basically, Deadpool dressed up like Shaun from Shaun of the Dead. LOL!

I would definitely go do something like you did if I had a partner or even a good friend who was into it and make a fun day or even weekend of it, not sure if it runs awhile or not... do you have a closet just for costumes and accessories? Because it sounds as if you have loads of stuff and might get some more? Damn leather pants would be sauna like in summer heat but I guess all indoor events would have air cond. so not too horrible but you have a lot on in each costume and like you said in your quote even a latex chest for freddy's costume and full face mask as well... omfg I love the shaun of the deadpool, clever, catchy and all. Hope you do it and post some pics for us again.

I'd like to see your costume also, topazlight.

For me, that was kind of part of my reluctance, actually. I sort of didn't want to go do it just completely by myself. But, none of my friends are really into cosplay and I have my doubts I'll ever find love again.... so I got sick of missing out on life. I finally just decided... SCREW IT! I'm going and I am having fun! Went to Wizard World by myself dressed as Deadpool. I actually did go to Monster Mania with two friends, but the were not in costume.

I don't have one closet just for costumes, but I do have several of those rubbermaid storage bins filled with costumes. LOL! Most are Halloween costumes, though. Deadpool is my first cosplay quality costume. ....Well, actually it SORT OF is. I have had a really cool Stay Puft costume somebody made for a few years now (not one of those inflatable ones you can get, but one that somebody actually made themselves and then sold on eBay), but I only ever used that on Halloween, so even though I guess it DOES qualify, I never really considered it a "cosplay" costume.

I have a Venom cosplay costume that I have not yet been able to use because the hands make it too hard to be sensible. I have to modify it before it is usable. Monster Mania was in a hotel, so there was AC.... but honestly, in the costume I was still sweating quite a bit. Between all the human bodies there and my costume, it wasn't uncomfortably hot, but I was still sweating. The real problem was when I had to walk around outside, which did happen several times. Anyways, if I do wind up doing the Shaun of the Deadpool costume, I will certainly share pics here. I am guessing that will probably not wind up being until around this time next year, but I'll have to see if any horror conventions come near me that seem worth seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Thanks, Exeter! It was a blast.

Well.... it MAY have helped if I had been in full costume the whole time, but I came up to him unmasked so I could meet him first, then put on the mask and wig. I was already wearing the rest. So, by then IF the mask would have made me less shy due to anonymity, it would have been too late for that anyway. LOL!

Yeah, the belt is my own replica version. I actually have several different replica championship belts. They are not real at all. The real ones that they actually use in wrestling are actual gold, real leather, etc. The replica ones they typically sell are just made to LOOK real.... but honestly, you can't really tell the difference in pictures. So, I love it. (On a side note: They actually DO sell replica belts that they make EXACTLY the same as the real ones so it basically is like owning your own wrestling championship belt.... but they are really expensive. Since the replica ones they sell LOOK almost identical, they work just fine for me.)

I did the Deadpool/Ric Flair mashup just for Flair. Beyond that, I was Fredpool at that convention. So, yes, I did both costumes in one day. LOL! But, there really wasn't much difference between the two. I just took off the Freddy sweater, glove, and hat, then put on the Deadpool jacket, Flair robe, and Flair wig and grabbed the NWA Championship belt.

The finger broke off of my Freddy glove in such a way that maybe I could have glued it, but it probably wouldn't have worked out very well. It was just one of those plastic Halloween ones. So, it's not like it is very difficult or expensive to replace. So, I threw it out and will get a new one next month.
    Oh ~ you met him unmasked ~ that was respectful of you, imo. Was he a hero ( is that right word) for you? What other wrestlers do you like, I only know The Rock don't think I know of any others.

I like you are such a kid at heart :] I dressed up like Belle before but was very fashiony girly for a friends dress up Disney princess party. Might have a pic of me somewhere if I find one I will throw it into my profile album & alert you all in meg's thread.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Man -- cool pictures, Jester. I think you have officially won the thread with those shots.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

I love the piccies you posted, Jester. He did win the thread, Jffs24. 1 million cool points given

I have a "sort of" dress up shot near beginning of thread when dressed as a wild cat at a cat and dog party dress up. Not even comparable, imo to your pics.
    Thank you for sharing, TheEvilJester. You made thread more exciting.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    Oh ~ you met him unmasked ~ that was respectful of you, imo. Was he a hero ( is that right word) for you? What other wrestlers do you like, I only know The Rock don't think I know of any others.

I like you are such a kid at heart :] I dressed up like Belle before but was very fashiony girly for a friends dress up Disney princess party. Might have a pic of me somewhere if I find one I will throw it into my profile album & alert you all in meg's thread.
    LOL! Thanks. I definitely think "kid at heart" is a good way to describe me. Though, I also AM perfectly capable of being an adult when it is needed. To me, that's always been the ultimate sign of maturity. Being able to be the grown up, responsible adult.... but still be able to be the kid again now and then. I wouldn't have it any other way. I definitely dig Ric Flair (....I mean... not in THAT way, though. LOL!), but he's not necessarily one of my heroes. Mick Foley (a.k.a. Cactus Jack, Mankind, and Dude Love) however, IS, and I've met him before. I think my lifetime favorite wrestler is definitely the Undertaker. The Rock is definitely awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jffs24 View Post
    Man -- cool pictures, Jester. I think you have officially won the thread with those shots.
    Thanks! Too cool. I never win anything. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by megvoh View Post
    I love the piccies you posted, Jester. He did win the thread, Jffs24. 1 million cool points given

I have a "sort of" dress up shot near beginning of thread when dressed as a wild cat at a cat and dog party dress up. Not even comparable, imo to your pics.
    Thank you for sharing, TheEvilJester. You made thread more exciting.
    Alright! Groovy! One million cool points! That's the bee's knees! The cat's pajamas, even! I feel super swell! I'm all hip and in with the cool kids these days.

(Voice of the announcer: Mr. Evil Jester..... you've now lost two million cool points for.... whatever the Hell you just said.)

Awww... man! Down to negative one million cool points, then. Maybe if I get jiggy wit it, that will help my score.

(Voice of the announcer: Mr. Evil Jester..... you've now lost two million cool points...)

Aww, damn it!

Anyways, which page were your cat pics on? I'll have to go check them out. I don't care if it isn't all that elaborate. Even if it is just a head band with cat ears and some painted on whiskers, I just always think it is cool when somebody can get into the fun and wear a costume at all.

LOL. Think those pics were on page two? You asked what was on my face after I posted it, meows! I found the octoberfest beerfest photo so I will add it to my profile pictures if you and others want to check. Not the best of best pics but am dressed up. I am only one in shorts not a dress though. Might post a Halloween dress up if we do something group wise this year.

What a great photo... the three of you are so freaking cute... I actually prefer your outfit to the other girls, meg. Are you holding beer steins?

Thanks.
    Yes, empty ones because we dranky em all up!

you girls look happy in that photo, meg, drunk? nice photo.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast