+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, well, wierd. Im in love with my niece.

Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    In my opinion... since this is something thats happening between two consenting people... this shouldnt be considered rape .
    ..I cant consider that rape even though other people do. I just cant... sorry.
    It's not about what you considered to be or what you believed it to be. It's what the law says it is and it is statutory rape.
    "Ogres are like onions."

shh!- So the whole thing with the 18 year old black guy and the 16 year old white woman happened? Sounds a lot (a LOT) like To Kill a Mockingbird to me...and jeez, this only happened a couple years ago.

Great responses, everybody... they really helped with my question. It seems to all come down to a gray area... just like how it is with voting.

The law tells us the age at which we're 'mature enough' to vote. An open-minded, intelligent 16 or 17 year old could make better decisions than some idiotic 25 year old. It's shitty because of the arguments that are brought up against it (voting with parents' choice, not knowing well enough, etc.), and the fact is that in about 90% of cases, it's true.. which in my opinion, not many more people OVER 18 make their decisions for right reasons or actually think about it from both sides.

It's the same for statutory rape. As nomas said, there MAY be some very mature 14 year old who can make qualified decisions about sex. But is there any way to know that other than knowing the specific person? Not really. Some test to show it, maybe? No, they can cheat. Or maybe the truly sensible people aren't good test takers.

There is no defense for someone who committed this act, something that is considered to be against the law. It's sad because all of the defenses possible would not apply to 90+ % of minors.

So, another question arises in my mind: So, say an 18 year old and a 16 year old have sex. Parents find out, they have the 18 year old arrested. The 18 year old's trial comes up. What then happens if the 16 year old testifies to clear the 18 year old from the crime? Would the 16 year old's testimony be thrown out because that person is 16? Because, apparently a child's testimony concerning something like a murder (like the child saw his/her mother be killed or something) is taken heavily into account. So why not if they are on the other side- the side that the LAW says is the criminal?
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

the state would prosecute that person. if the 16 year old testifies the only thing that would be considered is whether or not they actually had sex and if they had actually consented would be irrelevent. it's like that teacher who dated her student (you know, the ones that just got married) he didn't testify against her but she still wound up in jail. also i think in some states 16 years is good for consent. i believe that's the age where i am, i'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    I looked at the title on this thread and let out a laugh. For kicks I read the opener and skimmed the rest.

This is a bluff.

Full stop.

Who else thinks so? We'll compare clues..we can make this a fun thread yet.
    I was pretty intrigued by the title as well. And the part about 'great long sex' got me insanely horny.
    I have it all. Including kino.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal
    shh!-
    So the whole thing with the 18 year old black guy and the 16 year old white woman happened? Sounds a lot (a LOT) like To Kill a Mockingbird to me...and jeez, this only happened a couple years ago.
    I'm trying to remember; I know the boy was convicted, but it seems like I remember he was a good kid, honor student, athlete, known to be agood kid by all, whereas she was sort of slutty. It was REALLY a shame, I don't know how the girl could live with herself.

So, another question arises in my mind: So, say an 18 year old and a 16 year old have sex. Parents find out, they have the 18 year old arrested. The 18 year old's trial comes up. What then happens if the 16 year old testifies to clear the 18 year old from the crime? Would the 16 year old's testimony be thrown out because that person is 16? Because, apparently a child's testimony concerning something like a murder (like the child saw his/her mother be killed or something) is taken heavily into account. So why not if they are on the other side- the side that the LAW says is the criminal?
    A minor does not have a legal right to consent to sex, so the fact that they did so might only be useful for sentencing purposes, and only because there is not much of an age gap.

A thought
    What if 2 16 year olds got walked in on.... Would anyone be in trouble ?

Quote Originally Posted by artyemi
    Prodigal-
    As for incest, maybe that's influenced by the Bible??
    Yeah, that and genetics. Birth defects, ya know.

[QUOTE=Prodigal]
    shh!- So the whole thing with the 18 year old black guy and the 16 year old white woman happened? Sounds a lot (a LOT) like To Kill a Mockingbird to me...and jeez, this only happened a couple years ago.
    I just noticed your emphasis on the the fact that this sounded a lot like To Kill a Mockingbird, so I looked up a link for you, in case you were doubting. Boy's name was Marcus Dixon.

[url]http://talkleft.com/new_archives/006322.html[/url]

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    didn't we have this conversation before??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

yes we have, there are alot of sikos out there in the world
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

King Zarathu Guest
    I have been sexually molested before, and I know what that shit feels like. Here, let's look something up:

"molest: to enforce unwanted sexual activity upon another."
    ~Webster

Now, is this totally UNWANTED?!

No, it isn't. She's having fun, he's having fun, they're both having fun.. so what is the problem?! Let's identify:

1) They are related
    2) She is underage

Okay, let's try to fix this nicely. I do very well agree with ALovelyLady86 about you needing a professional to help you. This is serious.

The two problems are stated above. You have two choices:

Door #1 - Go through all hell trying to be with this girl that you love.
    Door #2 - Rid yourself of the feeling of love.

However it may be, one of which must occur. Because this thread was made for ADVICE, I give you my advice and suggest Door #2. I disagree with #1 because of the two problems previously stated.

The BEST way, in my opinion, to rid yourself of the feeling of love is to stop being with her completely. End of story, just downright-COMPLETELY!!!

And, this will do all the magic: fall in love with another girl and make sure she's in love with you.

If you can focus on another girl, everything will be alright, you'll see. Just stop seeing your niece for a while, at least until you can get over it.

Just to clarify something here, we are not arguing that what this man is done is right, we're arguing that throwing insults at someone who's just admitted it without being 'proud' of it is useless.

We cannot physically stop this person, but I think helping him to understand what he's doing is wrong (insults do not help, whatsoever) and advise him on how to fix the situation would stop this illegal, wrong activity.

So, for the subject, I suggest you get out, find real women, and apologise to your niece. I'm no professional, clearly, but you should also see a confidential professional on this issue A.S.A.P to get better advice.

why? WHY? why did you bring this up again?

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    why? WHY? why did you bring this up again?

Misombra- this is where that awesome picture of that exasperated man would look so great!
    "Ogres are like onions."

I was hoping you guys were done with this thread..... But i guess not

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast