+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: OV wants this date!

Damn Cybog, all ruthless about it and shit. Good points though, thats exactly what I was thinking about the movies too, way too kiddish and not original enough. Something a 15 year old does for a car pool date. Its too bad I dont know what music she listens too, it might have given me some ideas. I dont want to come out stuck up and trying to be flashy either, if 400 is to much then thats fine, im just saying ill pay as the night goes on I guess what ever comes up. Like even Prodigal thinks, 400 is over the top. Thats fine, at least now I know if I am being cheap or not when I am on the date. I already talked to her for a good 2 hours and no dry and quiet moments there, she seems very mature but sure knows how to make me her b*tch, thats the problem, she always wins the eye staring contest lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    1 date out of the past 2 years of your life or so is pretty sad, so don't try to breathe life into the night if it ends up being a dead animal.
    That hurts man, considering its been longer then 2 years for me. Ill try not to over exaggerate the date though.

19 Year old girls don't want little boys anymore. They want men who treat them right, aren't a total slob and don't try to be something they are not.
    I agree, I think this person is no different. Your not trying to make me feel bad on purpose though are you Cybog? you know, for all the past stuff lol.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 14-02-06 at 01:11 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

nah, I don't want to make you feel bad, but I will always tell it like it is. My biggest concern isn't so much of what you guys do, but rather how you act. People who haven't dated or been around fresh slit sometimes seem to act a little weird or come off as being desperate. We don't want that!

So, all of these little quips are simply little things to start thinking about ahead of time. Obviously you want to be successful with your date without seeming like a schmuck, so even if you are a little gunshy - sticking with some of these rules will help you not seem so...desperate.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

OV - There are no real set guidelines for 'how much you should spend'. Just do what you feel is right, and don't care about the cost. I'm just trying to say that (of course you know this), McDonalds or something isn't going to cut it... but you don't need to go to some 5 star restaurant either. Just be reasonable and go with what you're feelin'.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Debunkt
    I think I missed the point in history where women became money grubbing hos if men paid for dates. Someone draw me a time table, please.
    what a relief.

Don't bring flowers, don't spend too much money.

Don't go to the movies. That's not a good first date, unless you're both mega film buffs. And even then I'd suggest it isn't good.

Keep it light. Take the initiative to end the date. There can always be a 2nd date, you don't have to make everything happen the first night out. THe first night out just needs to be an introduction.

And good for you for planning the date. I always am unimpressed when I guy says to me, "I don't know...what do you want to do?" especially at the beginning when he's asked ME out! ha ha. We like it lots when the guy has a plan!

People who haven't dated or been around fresh slit sometimes seem to act a little weird or come off as being desperate.
    People who haven't dated much also have POSITIVES working in their favour:

1. genuine
    2. not smooth or players or too slick
    3. I would feel confident that they've chosen to ask me out because there is something special about me and not because this is just a guy that needs to have a girl in his life or around him or needs the attention of a girl to feel like a man.

Tone Guest
    OV!

Good job man!! See?? Aren't you glad you didn't wait until the end of the school year?? Or glad you didn't just say "Meh that guy is probably her boyfriend that picks her up.. oh well..." and then be sittin at home alone a few months later wonderin "what if"?! Nice goin, man. How did it go?? Did you ask her out first AND THEN talk for a couple hours?? Was she on the phone after class? Give us some details!!

And yes, I agree with some of the others... I agree with most of Cybog's points except for the paying thing - I agree that you asked her out, so you should pay for her. Have you decided on where you wanna take her? You have her number right? When did you say you'd call her?

OV! I'm so proud of you

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    3. I would feel confident that they've chosen to ask me out because there is something special about me and not because this is just a guy that needs to have a girl in his life or around him or needs the attention of a girl to feel like a man.
    haha....yeah, that's it.

Tone Guest
    PS>> OV, I knew things had to have gone well (prior to reading this) when I read another one of your posts this morning in Off-topic section, and it had "HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!" in your sig.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Do you invite your mother out for lunch and then expect her to pay, too?
    I do. But she loves to pay. BTW, OV, Pay for your date.

Less than $100 by far.
    Last edited by TAVS; 15-02-06 at 12:05 AM.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

lunch dates are always fun. have lunch and maybe go play some air hockey or somethin. night time dates are so formal, and expensive.

air hockey - that's an awesome idea!

Congrats OV. It's great to hear that soon you may stop being a virgin

Here are a few date activities that worked for me:

1. Ice Skating
    2. Feeding Swans in the park
    3. Playing common interest sport like tennis or mini-golf
    4. Go-Karts (Riding small cars around a small race track)
    5. Dinner at a Restaurant with a show (E.g. Comedy Night)
    6. Bumper Cars
    7. Coffee at the harbour with a view

You have to remember that main rule is positivity and common interests. When you talk try to find out as much as possible about common interests that you two may have or anything at all that you share in common (E.g. Similar taste in music, movies, relatives with similar problems, friends with similar star signs, similar world views, similar hobbies etc...) Try keep to things positive and try not to take things too seriously! (E.g. if she is a Religious person do not under any circumstances try to prove to her that there is no God)

Good Luck!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

If I find out you took her Ice Skating or feeding swans OV, I will personally come out to BFE Illinois and beat your ass.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hahahaa

-------
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast