+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: circumcision

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ahhaha! This thread is stupid and pointless. I am sorry, but I really don't care enough about this topic to read mini books about it, Tiay. We will have to agree to disagree.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So wait... circumcised guys are in the minority? So I'm a freak? Well, shit.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    ahhaha! This thread is stupid and pointless. I am sorry, but I really don't care enough about this topic to read mini books about it, Tiay. We will have to agree to disagree.
    fair enough, I understand you don't have a lot of free time at the moment anyway. Though in my defence, you did start this thread with a controversial study reference; it was begging to be debated about, tho I sure can rant a *ton* once I latch on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    So wait... circumcised guys are in the minority? So I'm a freak? Well, shit.
    well I read it's 82% uncircumcised worldwide.
    Last edited by Tiay; 27-02-07 at 01:29 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    tho I sure can rant a *ton* once I latch on to something.
    That's an understatement.

Tiay, I value your contribution. I'm just too damned lazy to research half the stuff you do- thanks.

In fact, thanks to anyone who researches what they say rather than talking out their ass. I'm almost inspired to do the same.

Almost.
    Spammer Spanker

Thanks Giga, glad to know someone appreciates that it took me way more time to research all this than it takes to read it.

I didn't read anything Tiay said because she's wrong.

This thread just seriously needs to stop.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Tiay, I value your contribution. I'm just too damned lazy to research half the stuff you do- thanks.

In fact, thanks to anyone who researches what they say rather than talking out their ass. I'm almost inspired to do the same.

Almost.
    This is how I feel.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    Thanks Giga, glad to know someone appreciates that it took me way more time to research all this than it takes to read it.
    Maybe you misunderstand: I have researched this before, when I was pregnant with my son. That is why I know most of your info is biased.

I actually didn't realize this article was going to spark a debate about circumcision. I viewed it more as informative, being that it was based on a scientific study rather than an article from a pro-circumcision website. I just thought it was interesting (and frankly wonderful) that such a simple procedure could save the lives of so many men in the absence of an HIV vaccine. I understand your argument, and don't really find fault with a lot of what you say, but rather with the inflation of the side effects. But as I said before, I don't really have a fundamental issue with those who choose not to circumcise.
    Last edited by vashti; 27-02-07 at 07:08 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I agree with that.

Also, I would like to mention that I think the world is terrifying and sometimes I just want to stay home forever.

AIDS scares the crap out of me.
    Spammer Spanker

I agree with that
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I disagree.

i have to say that i find it fascinating that the concept of cultural/religious practices barely made more than a side note in...what, two posts? granted the world does not seem to be a place influenced by praxis in its entirity, though there are a few sects that hold to certain beliefs and customs as a part of identity. the ancient kingdom of Israel, the root of Judaism, practiced male circumcision as a sign of their connection to Jehovah (i.e. being his chosen people). and really i would have to say that was far more beneficial of a decision in that location in those times. imgaine life as a nation of nomads wandering the deserts for years and years. water would be relatively scarce and hygiene wasn't the best. removing the foreskin eliminated an area perfect for bacteria and disease to grow in when consistent cleansing wasn't available. and consider the location. as nomads, as outcasts from egypt with no fixed land, social/religious identity was all this group had to keep them together. in such harsh climates and times, progeny was the utmost necessity (from this very need arose the religious dogma that no semen should be spilt on the ground or lost - the very same dogma that survived through the centuries of Judaic evolution to the time of Christ and again in the sect that branched off of Judaism: the Catholic church). it would behoove such a nation whose identity and survival as a culture rested on the ability to procreate to remove any possible hinderances to this act. if they had even the slightest notion that the extra skin could cause an increased risk in diseases it is more than reasonable that they would make it a law of their culture and creed.

i would indulge in the tribal cultures of various countries who practice circumcisions (both male and female) if i had the knowledge. however i do not and so i cannot make any assumptions as to the environmental and social influences that may have caused such cultures to develop their practices. though i do recall reading once about female circumcision in one group being practiced in the belief that it helped to keep a woman (it was generally performed as a rite of passage into womanhood if i remember correctly) sexually and spiritually pure. it was from a scientific or anthropological magazine several years ago so i cannot recall the facts or concepts too well.
    Last edited by memoria vitae; 27-02-07 at 11:21 AM.
    "fairy tales are more than true: not because
    they tell us that dragons exist, but because
    they tell us that dragons can be beaten."
    ~G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by memoria vitae View Post
    i have to say that i find it fascinating that the concept of cultural/religious practices barely made more than a side note in...what, two posts? granted the world does not seem to be a place influenced by praxis in its entirity, though there are a few sects that hold to certain beliefs and customs as a part of identity. the ancient kingdom of Israel, the root of Judaism, practiced male circumcision as a sign of their connection to Jehovah (i.e. being his chosen people). and really i would have to say that was far more beneficial of a decision in that location in those times. imgaine life as a nation of nomads wandering the deserts for years and years. water would be relatively scarce and hygiene wasn't the best. removing the foreskin eliminated an area perfect for bacteria and disease to grow in when consistent cleansing wasn't available. and consider the location. as nomads, as outcasts from egypt with no fixed land, social/religious identity was all this group had to keep them together. in such harsh climates and times, progeny was the utmost necessity (from this very need arose the religious dogma that no semen should be spilt on the ground or lost - the very same dogma that survived through the centuries of Judaic evolution to the time of Christ and again in the sect that branched off of Judaism: the Catholic church). it would behoove such a nation whose identity and survival as a culture rested on the ability to procreate to remove any possible hinderances to this act. if they had even the slightest notion that the extra skin could cause an increased risk in diseases it is more than reasonable that they would make it a law of their culture and creed.

i would indulge in the tribal cultures of various countries who practice circumcisions (both male and female) if i had the knowledge. however i do not and so i cannot make any assumptions as to the environmental and social influences that may have caused such cultures to develop their practices. though i do recall reading once about female circumcision in one group being practiced in the belief that it helped to keep a woman (it was generally performed as a rite of passage into womanhood if i remember correctly) sexually and spiritually pure. it was from a scientific or anthropological magazine several years ago so i cannot recall the facts or concepts too well.
    I am going to stab you.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast