+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn One night stand into a Relationship?

I don't understand why you claim to know everything about everything... even issues that need a female perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I don't understand why you claim to know everything about everything... even issues that need a female perspective.
    I don't understand why you pretend that I claim to know everything about everything..

One person's opinion is anectodal evidence.., but the plural of anecdotal evidence.., is data..

We can sit here.., and get a dishonest female perspective on the matter.., biased.., motivated with hidden agendas and closely clashing with the ego.., and although I may disagree with vash on some other issues.., and nothing against her.., that kind of biased perspective is useless..

If you want a female perspective.., ask the women you sleep with.., or have a close relationship with.., how they honestly feel.., women who have no incentive to lie to you.., women who are perfectly honest and aren't mincing their perspective in any way so that it doesn't clash with how they feel about themselves..

For as long as they feel you're not going to somehow use this information against them.., (manipulate them or control them through sex).., then they'll feel perfectly safe enough to be completely honest with you and tell you how they feel.., which may shock you on how different is it from how they pretend to feel.., and the act they put on for the rest of the world..
    Last edited by GrkScorp; 28-06-08 at 01:28 AM.
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

I think it's a greek thing or a lawyer thing, looking at everything as some puzzle that needs to be solved

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=OGaaTNQkEZ0"]YouTube - Demetri Martin: If I 1/6[/ame]

Every post you make regarding any topic involves you being right. If someone has a different opinion, you claim they are wrong, biased, whatever.

What was my incentive to lie then? How exactly were you going to use my honesty against me?

Every post you make regarding any topic involves you being right. If someone has a different opinion, you claim they are wrong, biased, whatever.
    I'm sorry if my arguments demostrate the reality of things.., and shatter the beliefs you once held to be true..

I have however never once called anyone "wrong" or stressed that I was "right".., you are free to believe whatever you want to believe.., accept whatever concepts or ideas you want.., if you feel that this is what's going on.., maybe you just have to look deeper into why that is..

Is it an uncomfortable feeling when your eyes run across something you don't want to accept as true.., and presented in such a way that makes it difficult to deny any longer?

The way I speak.., is like a textbook.. there is no right or wrong.., just the way things work.. no room to emote..

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'll be a saint from now on. No more negative Cain!
    Just so you know, hun, I happen to really enjoy your thoughtful posts.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    I'm sorry if my arguments demostrate the reality of things.., and shatter the beliefs you once held to be true..

The way I speak.., is like a textbook.. there is no right or wrong.., just the way things work.. no room to emote..
    If you are right, then by definition the other person is wrong.

Life isn't one big argument. It's not one big puzzle to be solved. You can't walk around trying to explain to people that things don't work the way they believe they do. It pisses people off! What's so hard to understand? People are people, and people have feelings. Start to be a little less analytical, and a little more sensitive. I don't think it can possibly hurt.

I have however never once called anyone "wrong" or stressed that I was "right".., you are free to believe whatever you want to believe.., accept whatever concepts or ideas you want.., if you feel that this is what's going on.., maybe you just have to look deeper into why that is..

Is it an uncomfortable feeling when your eyes run across something you don't want to accept as true.., and presented in such a way that makes it difficult to deny any longer?

Oh please. Stop stroking your ego. I've never once even considered altering by beliefs because of something you've written. How can you shatter my beliefs when I rarely... RARELY... read a full post of yours? Hell, I rarely read half a post. I read enough at college. I don't need to read more boring novels here.

Oh please. Stop stroking your ego. I've never once even considered altering by beliefs because of something you've written. How can you shatter my beliefs when I rarely... RARELY... read a full post of yours? Hell, I rarely read half a post. I read enough at college. I don't need to read more boring novels here.
    HAHA..

You know what Goose.., although the irony is killing me.., i'm going to take your advice.. and be sensitive..

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    For goodness sake GS, you're off your meds again & back into egomanic mode. You are not an expert on 'Truth'. Noone is. Best you can do is try to create a model based on what you observe & make your predictions accordingly. There will always be ppl who fall outside of your response curve, thats just how it is.

You deal with a particular cross section of male-female interactions. Its evident from your posts. But it doesn't generalize well to ALL M-F interactions. Sorry to burst your bubble on this.

Last time GS & I had this kind of conversation, Cain, he PMd me threatening to 'break me' in front of the whole forum. LOL. He felt it necessary to send me *9* PMs in order to vent (which I deleted all except for the first one--just kept for amusing example). I forwarded them to the mods just to make sure it was logged.

Just so you know what you are dealing with. You can't change an entrenched personality's mind. Its like dealing with a religious zealot & its a form of insanity. GS is RIGHT & that is all there is to it. Smile and nod, that's all.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i'm going to take your advice.. and be sensitive..
    You're not the insensitive jerk you pretend to be anyway. You just need to stop throwing your analysis onto people. Some people just don't want to know, I think that's something you have to come to terms with and accept.

Hey indi - for argument's sake, please tell us: how hard would it have been for you to get sex in your 20s if you were looking? I find it hard to believe I was so exceptional that I alone had no trouble whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagoose View Post
    You're not the insensitive jerk you pretend to be anyway. You just need to stop throwing your analysis onto people. Some people just don't want to know, I think that's something you have to come to terms with and accept.
    I think it's more of "some people just don't care" instead of not wanting to know.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Hey indi - for argument's sake, please tell us: how hard would it have been for you to get sex in your 20s if you were looking? I find it hard to believe I was so exceptional that I alone had no trouble whatsoever.
    Why not make a poll?

Of girls who are currently in their 20's..

How hard is it for them to have sex with the men they find attractive..

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast