+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Aethist or Religious?

i admire somebody who works toward a common good more than somebody who says they're religious. all talk, no substance, are a lot of religious people.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i admire somebody who works toward a common good more than somebody who says they're religious. all talk, no substance, are a lot of religious people.
    I agree though defining the "common good" sometimes can be trouble some.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by psydex View Post

firstly... replacing 'religion' with 'idiot' wouldnt work, its grammatically INCORRECT...

Second... shh! was talking about the interpretation of religious texts, i garantee that if you go to Northern Ireland they wont agree theyre the same religion.

IMO.... you need to read some books, begin to understand how words and sentences are formed, THEN go and read something other than the bible your gran bought you when you signed on at your comfirmation!
    Ok "m8", you tell me to learn how to form a sentence but can't do it yourself. Calling commitment as love isn't grammatically correct either yet no one cares and does it all the time for comparison. Idiot suits religious people just fine as idiot is a person who is intellectually inclined and lacks wisdom which is exactly what they are. I never claimed they are one and the same thing. Neither is being spiritual and being religious is my point. I never argued that all religions are the same, all I ever said was that they all have one thing in common god, and that is what I base religion on..no matter what kind of religion it is. If they do not have god in their religion than it really isn't as much of a religion as just someone who is spiritual as they put it.

Tell me to pick up a book? You need to pick one up and learn how to spell "guarantee", shit doesn't windows auto grammar check shit anyways these days for ****s sake?
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 20-09-08 at 01:26 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I think it all depends on what is meant by "Religious". To me Religious means following a pattern of rituals of certain Religion. A person who doesn't follow any Religious pattern is not Religious in my books.
    That is irrefutable....to be religious is to study or follow a religion. So, if you believe in God but don't follow a religion, you are not religious. Why do people argue that point, it's just so stupid.

I don't consider being an agnostic 'lazy' or 'silly' (as OV was saying). I don't think of 'God' in the same way most people do, as a big conscience being in the sky. I don't believe in hell. However, It's taken a lot of time, conversations with others, and deep contemplation to sort out my 'beliefs' in my own mind. I'd hardly think of that as lazy. I put more thought into it than most atheists.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I believe in heaven and hell

anachronistic Guest
    Now the argument bears no fruits. You morons are just arguing the definitions of words. Is every word to be taken so literally? It's not the definitions of words which are important, but the underlying meaning in context.

It's okay, you can put the Merriam-Webster away.

Way to prove the point that religion is just another pointless label in today's crappy society! Can't have a decent conversation about anything except what 'religion' means.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 20-09-08 at 02:36 AM.

Words ARE important. They are essential for communication. How can you argue about whether or not you ARE something if you don't know what it really means?

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Children should be seen and not heard. Go play on another thread and quit trying to antagonize.
    am i? muhuhaaahaa......everyone no matter whether you think it's silly has a right to say what they think within the lf rules....he has a right to say his piece and his point of view whether you like it or not...wakey wakey........chill dear
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Why do I feel like you are the kind of annoying kid that follows people around and puts gum in their hair or pulls their braids if they don't want to play with you?

Why do I feel like you are the kind of annoying kid that follows people around and puts gum in their hair or pulls their braids if they don't want to play with you?
    aaah shh! you just don't like it when someone has a different point of view...relax
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

::sigh::

You are making me want to lobby for retroactive abortion to be legalized.

anachronistic Guest
    Words ARE important. They are essential for communication. How can you argue about whether or not you ARE something if you don't know what it really means?
    How many languages can you speak, Shh? I am assuming just English. If you studied another language, you would see how variable the meaning of a word is. There is no one definite meaning for every word.

::sigh::

You are making me want to lobby for retroactive abortion to be legalized.
    now abortion that is worth a discussion...prob not allowed on lf...shh! i can see i affect you...calm down

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    How many languages can you speak, Shh? I am assuming just English. If you studied another language, you would see how variable the meaning of a word is. There is no one definite meaning for every word.
    That is not true of every language, but rather only of languages with relatively small words banks, and anyway, we are speaking English, and as such, the definition of religion has a precise meaning.

anachronistic Guest
    That is not true of every language, but rather only of languages with relatively small words banks, and anyway, we are speaking English, and as such, the definition of religion has a precise meaning.
    English is known for having a wide array of meanings for words. There are usually 3 separate meanings for words.

Unlike German which has 3 different words to describe what we know as "mouth".

You don't know what you're talking about, dear

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast