+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: I cannot attract women.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    Stop dressing like a ten year old and eat an adult male diet. It might help.
    I do eat an adult male diet. I wear clothes that are for my age. I don't wear sports apparel all of the time.

Whew. Franklin, yours is probably the most thorough profile I've ever seen anyone offer on this board. I wonder if you aim such laser-like scrutiny on people you meet (women) as you aim on yourself? If so, I'd be in a real hurry to get as far away from you as I could, regardless of looks. No one likes what appears to be hyper-criticality aimed at them, however subtly or unintentional.
    Speak less. Say more.

808 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Ok Franklin heres the deal my man:

Your ears may be funny looking but your not an ugly dude overall (just work out a little).
    Ditch the sports gear. Wearing sports gear and getting women are mutually exclusive (joking but not really).
    Read fashion blogs for non-ghetto black guys ie. freshnessmag.com / complex.com

The one thing that I've learned about girls is that GOOD LOOKS ONLY GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR, it's all personality from there. So relax, chill out around girls, be funny, cool, make them feel good (not in a creepy way!!!). When your talking to girls smile, look at their eyes, just be cool.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Don't be so picky with girls. Don't give up on girls, but don't make getting one your focus of life.

Getting girls is not a problem for me now, but it used to be. Don't fall to fast into the friend zone but IT IS GOOD TO HAVE GIRL FRIENDS. They can help you out with your image, setting you up with friends.

Last but not least, your in college, every waking moment is a chance to meet a new girl. Go to the library, sit down with one, and remember YOU HAVE TAKEN, AND GOTTEN AND A, IN EVERY CLASS ON CAMPUS .

PS. Wait for your beloved vikings to win the superbowl, then you can rock the sports gear for a week without question!
    Last edited by 808; 24-12-09 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 808 View Post

The one thing that I've learned about girls is that GOOD LOOKS ONLY GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR, it's all personality from there. So relax, chill out around girls, be funny, cool, make them feel good (not in a creepy way!!!). When your talking to girls smile, look at their eyes, just be cool.
    I do these things, and not even the worst looking girls in school would go with me.

Users Country Flag
    Franklin, you've gotta be doing something wrong. You come here for looking for help, people give you honest advice, and you don't take it into consideration. Did you come here just so people could tell you "You will never get a girl and will be lonely forever"? because that's not the case. Take the advice people give you and take a good look at yourself, you can't be doing everything right... or you would have a slew of women after you.

hiii....i dont think ur ugly.....i think u are so into what others say that ur missing out on enjoying ur life.....if u stop worring about how others see u, what others think, and live life like it is....some day she will come ur way and u'll be happy....but if u still into what others say she might come ur way and u might miss her.....

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    I do eat an adult male diet. I wear clothes that are for my age. I don't wear sports apparel all of the time.
    Chicken is not a real food. Chicken is what women eat to make their breats large, and their buts bouncy.

Real men eat red meat for every single meal, including breakfast.

Sports apparel is for playing sport, under no situation should it be considered normal wear. You just make yourself look 10 years old.

complex.com

GOOD LOOKS ONLY GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR
    Well I hardly want to use the backdoor and I'm assuming this includes third base ? If good looks will only get you in the front door, if that is all I want, then good looks are all I need ?

Also, the key to a womans heart is through the front door (everyone knows that) so it is really, a win win situation.

Ok, Franklin, please read everything - i have read all of these pages - and i have even surfed the web to find help. Now, if you can at least take my advice that i am about to give it would be great. If you are a fun person, see it as a fun experiment and just try these small changes to see how things pan out - if it doesn't go too well - you can revert back to how you are currently. Agreed?
    Ok, so first of all - i have some comments to make on some of your comments.
    "5. She must dress nice. Wear respectable clean clothes." - Really? does that matter - because some people may not think you dress well.

"I just don't understand. I have no problems making friends." I don't think people were referring to your ability to make friends - it's just that's all they are right? Friends. I think people are saying how you give off the wrong "dating" vibe - maybe you come on too strong, or you're too forward. Perhaps without realising, you come right into peoples' personal space or that you seem "too" friendly. i.e. a guy that say's "hi, how are you?" every 5 seconds or shortly after finishing the first conversation.

"I just pose serious expressions for fun." Well there's a binary opposite - i suggest you pose "fun" expressions for fun instead

"I tried the smalls and mediums and they are too small. Either they are too short on my body or the sleeves are too short." Have you tried other stores? I know that where i am from not all smalls are the same size.

"What are my negative physical features?" - Don't even bother asking this - everyone has a bad feature- and you should concentrate on the good points.

"Not even the worst looking girls in school want me. " To be fair, have you asked each and every single one of them? If not, you can't possibly know that.

"15 to 20 times in a row. " You were referring to the number of times you have been rejected. If this is from 15 - 20 girls then woah! Are you saying that at only 20yrs old you have had 15-20 crushes on girls and have therefore asked out that many?! It seems a bit fast if that is the case - i mean, i am 2/3 years younger than you and i have only ever properly liked 1 guy and had 1 other crush. Try to really "see" people before giving up and "fancying someone else."

"I have decided to get surgery on my deformed ears. I believe it cost between $2500 and $4000. " - You go to Church right? Well, if God gave you those ears, i believe you should not throw it back in His face. Those ears are what makes you individual from the rest - it makes you more recognisable. There is a guy in my town with a bit of a deformity and everyone knows who he is - so assuming that a lot of people will know you by your ears - make sure they know you by your personality too - accept yourself.

"and because all of girls say that I am ugly." For your information - i don't recall everyone on here saying that you are ugly - so there - that rules that one out doesn't it?

Oh yeah, and where you said that you stopped watching cartoons and stuff - I only hope that you are not doing it in an attempt to appear more mature and thereby more attractive- because it isn't necessarily. I am not much younger than you and I STILL love to watch Family Guy (I mean, who wouldn't right?) I also watch The Simpsons, Futurama, Flash Forward, Gossip Girl, LOST, 24, (The OC when it was on) Gavin and Stacey, The Inbetweeners (A really good British comedy that I recommend to you) Skins, Scrubs and Friends + a lot more probably hehe! So yeah, always be yourself, even if some of you still is on the child side.

"I'm not comfortable with myself because of I always get rejected by women so something is wrong with me. " You make it sound like you think you are mentally retarded or something. The mind is extremely powerful and if you begin to think there is something wrong with you, there soon will be. It's called depression - and that can worsen if you tell yourself things like this - it can affect your abilities, your social life, your career, everything. There have even been cases where someone told themselves so many times that there was something wrong with them, that they started hallucinating and they started hearing voices of imaginary people telling them the same thing. It got so bad that they killed themselves.
    So never think like this - everyone has their flaws - don't ignore them, work on improving yourself but mainly focus on your better traits.

Ok, so saying all of that I have an option for you. To at least TRY and change something about yourself to see if it makes a difference.
    I personally think, that you would suit better in clothes from this site:
    [url]http://us.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=32052&storeId=13051&cate goryId=141466&langId=-1&top=Y[/url]

I'm not saying you look bad in your current attire, it's just - you are a young man now and in my eyes, your fashion doesn't make you look like one. Women love men that look wealthy and as though they have a high status - why? Because that is the sort of man that is most likely to provide well for her children. It's a psychological fact. I reckon from your pictures that your hair is just fine - it looks good as it is. And, with the right clothes, you too can look like a clean-shaven, wealthy young male
    Really, though, try ordering a few items from that site, or ones similar at least to see how others react to it. Maybe even Hollister will do or Abercrombie and Fitch
    When it comes to shirts, I reckon plain ones would suit you better than checked ones - and maybe when it comes to jeans, some skinnies or straight legs will look good I believe
    I mean, this could be you but with glasses hmm?
    [url]http://us.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId =32052&storeId=13051&categoryId=141469&parent_cate gory_rn=141466&productId=1384485&langId=-1[/url]
    They even have hoodies and zips ups and stuff for a more casual look - but I am eager to see what you look like in new clothes
    And did you know, scent plays a HUGE role in pulling power - I personally like the Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male or the Diesel one - just pick a nice one and make it your own - make it your signature scent so that when people smell it, they will know that you have been there
    Make sure that you always have fresh smelling breath - so pop a few mints in your mouth every now and then. Brush your teeth twice a day but ALSO floss and use a mouth wash. Sometimes I do all this about 3/4 times a day.
    And moisturize - it's not gay at all, plenty of men I know do this because it promotes well being and health.
    Another thing, try not to think about dating at all - surely you know what everyone else knows? - That love can surprise us all - even the coldest of hearts. And that happiness often knocks at our door when we are not looking for it - because when we are not looking for it, we aren't feeling stressed about not having it either - and it's the same with love really. If you just live in the now and don't let yourself think about "why am I not getting this? Why is this only happening to me?", then before you know it - you will meet that one person who will fill you with so many butterflies that your world will feel like it has been shaken upside down

That's all I can think of saying right now - it is 2:30 in the morning where I am - I have stayed up just to help you so you better thank me and at least take into consideration my advice - I mean come on! Have fun - try it - you may surprise yourself and find that you like it

Best wishes,
    L
    xxxx
    ""The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach out for more. It plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."

Users Country Flag
    Well I hardly want to use the backdoor and I'm assuming this includes third base ? If good looks will only get you in the front door, if that is all I want, then good looks are all I need ?

Also, the key to a womans heart is through the front door (everyone knows that) so it is really, a win win situation.
    Valid point. but if Franklin wants a girl to take him the third base time and time again hes gotta have more than just looks... well maybe not. But looks aren't everything.

Chicken is not a real food. Chicken is what women eat to make their breats large, and their buts bouncy.

Real men eat red meat for every single meal, including breakfast.

Sports apparel is for playing sport, under no situation should it be considered normal wear. You just make yourself look 10 years old.
    I don't wear sports apparel all of the time. All of the clothes I have gotten this month are not sports apparel.

Franklin, you've gotta be doing something wrong. You come here for looking for help, people give you honest advice, and you don't take it into consideration. Did you come here just so people could tell you "You will never get a girl and will be lonely forever"? because that's not the case. Take the advice people give you and take a good look at yourself, you can't be doing everything right... or you would have a slew of women after you.
    I am trying to make changes. I have been trying for about over a year now. Nothing works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozenger View Post
    "5. She must dress nice. Wear respectable clean clothes." - Really? does that matter - because some people may not think you dress well.
    Yes, she must dress nice. I should be more clear. I am not going to date a girl who dresses in dirty clothes, Gothic clothes(that's what some of the nerds dress like at school), and dress down(girls who mostly wear sweet shirts, plain shirts).
    I don't expect everyone to think I dress nice, but at least I wear name brand clothes.

"I just don't understand. I have no problems making friends." I don't think people were referring to your ability to make friends - it's just that's all they are right? Friends. I think people are saying how you give off the wrong "dating" vibe - maybe you come on too strong, or you're too forward. Perhaps without realising, you come right into peoples' personal space or that you seem "too" friendly. i.e. a guy that say's "hi, how are you?" every 5 seconds or shortly after finishing the first conversation.
    I am not coming on too strong. I simply tell the girl I am interested in her and just ask out. "Would you like to go the movies?".

I don't constantlly say "hi or "how are you?" that often. I don't know anyone who does that.

"What are my negative physical features?" - Don't even bother asking this - everyone has a bad feature- and you should concentrate on the good points.
    I don't have any good physical features to concentrate on.

"15 to 20 times in a row. " You were referring to the number of times you have been rejected. If this is from 15 - 20 girls then woah! Are you saying that at only 20yrs old you have had 15-20 crushes on girls and have therefore asked out that many?! It seems a bit fast if that is the case - i mean, i am 2/3 years younger than you and i have only ever properly liked 1 guy and had 1 other crush. Try to really "see" people before giving up and "fancying someone else."

I was just saying I have been rejected between 15 and 20 times in a row.

"and because all of girls say that I am ugly." For your information - i don't recall everyone on here saying that you are ugly - so there - that rules that one out doesn't it?
    Well at the end of the day what the girls think that is what matters. Reality strikes hard. No girl has ever found me attractive in middle school and high school. Not even the worst looking girls. I have heard it form their own mouths.

[quote=Lozenger;530468]Ok, so saying all of that I have an option for you. To at least TRY and change something about yourself to see if it makes a difference.
    I personally think, that you would suit better in clothes from this site:
    [url]http://us.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=32052&storeId=13051&cate goryId=141466&langId=-1&top=Y[/url]

I'm not really feeling those clothes.

I mean, this could be you but with glasses hmm?
    [url]http://us.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId =32052&storeId=13051&categoryId=141469&parent_cate gory_rn=141466&productId=1384485&langId=-1[/url]
    I guess so. I can't wear contacts. My doctor advised me not to. My eyes are way too sensitive to be touched by anything.

Thanks for all of the advice, Lozenger
    Last edited by Franklin; 26-12-09 at 10:16 AM.

These are some new clothes I have gotten this month. What do you guys think of theses?

I understand that you are trying to give off the impression that you are a great guy in your post (and you may be a great guy), but you do give out a narcissistic vibe to me. I can't help but think that the girls you ask out pick up on this vibe too.

Not only that, but you make it a point to bring out your ears. I think part of the problem is that your too self-conscious about looks. Dont get me wrong, looks are important too, but obsessing and dwelling over your ears will eventually chip away at your confidence. And the girls you ask out might pick that impression up as well.

With that being said, if it's looks you want to improve then I agree with most of the advice up above. Don't fret, your 20yrs old and have a lot of time on your hands. Look around and take some advice from guys that do pick up girls as long as the advice doesn't involve date rape drugs.

Valid point. but if Franklin wants a girl to take him the third base time and time again hes gotta have more than just looks... well maybe not. But looks aren't everything.
    Man, every guy should know that once you stick it up a girl she falls in love with ou. Thats how it works. If you don't bone her, she will lose all respect for you.

Those new clothes are much better than the sports wear - well done - keep it up. Although it is a shame you don't like those other ones - just think when you get new stuff (if you want to attract the girls) "Does it make me look wealthy?" "Does it suit me?" "Do I look more like an alpha male or a weedy one?" You could even get the shop assistants to answer these questions or any other person whose answer you can trust.

"Well at the end of the day what the girls think that is what matters. " Why does it matter? You weren't put on this Earth to please everybody else - I don't think you look that bad at all - in fact, I am more put off by your stubbornness than your looks.

"I don't have any good physical features to concentrate on." You want me to point them out for you? I think you have good skin, you seem to have a good strong jaw and your eyes are nice but really, you better not be fishing for compliments here!

"I simply tell the girl I am interested in her and just ask out. "Would you like to go the movies?"." - It's good that you have the confidence to do this, but do you see what i mean about being too forward? It's usually better to at first hang out in a group, a mixture of boys and girls and as a friend chat to the girl you are interested in. You probably do this already BUT then, WITHOUT telling her you like her, suggest going to see a film, or a show in the theatre or even just a walk in the park. You don't need to tell a girl with words that you like her (7% of what we communicate is by words, about 23% through tone of voice and 50% through body language.)
    Maybe even invite the girl you like out with yourself and two people that are already a couple - but if you just let things go more naturally, and let your body do the talking, then the girl should feel a lot more at ease around you. Just take it slow, and see how things go

Is there anybody you like currently? If so, what is she like? Tell us all about her
    Best Wishes,
    L
    Xxx
    ""The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach out for more. It plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast