+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Homeless. Pbbt.

Bleh... I'm of average intelligence... if I wasn't, I wouldn't need to put forth near the effort that I do to get good grades on my school work, wouldn't have made the mistakes I've made in the past, and I'd be a billionaire by now.

Just can't argue with the facts.... how's everyone else's life measuring up to the theory of being an "intellectual giant?"
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    In Australia (and UK apparently) there is a magazine sold by homeless people. Half of the profit goes to the publishers and the other half to the vendor selling it on the streets. I always buy it to reward the effort they take to help themselves out and dig themselves from the hole they are in. The magazine is full of true stories of how regular people become homeless. Weather it entire family being hit by a car or their house burning down that wasn't insured, it makes it a lot easier to understand how quickly a person can become just like them given a certain situation and how different the world looks from that other side of the fence. They are not all drug addicts spending everything they get on the next hit.
    The big issue? Not worth the paper it's printed on. But I do spare them change for a cuppa'.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Bleh... I'm of average intelligence... if I wasn't, I wouldn't need to put forth near the effort that I do to get good grades on my school work, wouldn't have made the mistakes I've made in the past, and I'd be a billionaire by now.

Just can't argue with the facts.... how's everyone else's life measuring up to the theory of being an "intellectual giant?"
    i always find that the ones who work their asses off and who study the most tend to do the worst in life. i guess they have too high an expectation for themselves and try too hard to be perfect. i find the most successful are the ones who care a medium amount and have a personality that gets them much further. as the saying goes; it's who you know, not what you know. maybe you should spend some time trying to connect with important people and trying to improve your personality. it's amazing how people do look after other people. look at who gets the promotions, who always lands on their feet. and who doesn't. that's life.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 14-01-10 at 06:20 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    i always find that the ones who work their asses off and who study the most tend to do the worst in life.
    I've never met anyone successful who didn't work his or her ass off to BE successful. Maybe some Hollywood slut is a success because she's stacked, dumb as a brick, and willing to snort coke off a director's dick, but other than that, pretty much anyone who makes it in life worked very, very hard to get there.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

^^i don't fully agree with that statement
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I have a good job and plenty of money. I am a total and complete slacker. I never put effort into anything and have been happy stewing in the juices of my own mediocracy for my entire life. Not something I am proud of, but there you go.

I like the idea of a young want-to-be actress snorting cocaine off my dick, maybe I should become a director ?
    Last edited by BoredGeorge; 15-01-10 at 04:54 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What I like about my work, is that for the most part, nobody else can take credit for what I've produced. Because if they do, and they can't replicate the same caliber of work, the bosses will know something is up.

My actions have helped develop my reputation and reputation can help open doors.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post

I like the idea of a young want-to-be actress snorting cocaine off my dick, maybe I should become a director ?
    Casting agent. It's easier. Get a good couch- you'll be using it.
    Spammer Spanker

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    damn i missed this thread. and here i thought you were going to say that you've recently become homeless.

i'd throw that bitch out on the streets too...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678