+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

Sugar's bad for you, dude. Seriously bad for you.

'course, so is smoking and drinking, and I do both. Take from this what you will.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just don't go confusing sex and love. B/c this is new to you, you are apt to confuse the two. Treat her like an interesting but not very compelling beach book. Saavy?

Hold on to your heart, no matter how awesome she seems. She is leaving before you start. That said, I have heard of people getting back together years later, b/c they kept it light at the time. Beware - getting clingy and needy will drive her away forever. Trust me on this: been there, done that one too. My ex (a few ago, not the last one) is a lawyer. Never married; in my part of the world even. But I never forgot how clingy he got at the end. It leaves an impression, LR.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Ohhhhhhhhhhh what kind?

Well, before I message her, I just wanted to ask: How do I also include something re: her leaving? Obviously that's important to her and it would be good to include something about it in my response, besides the invite?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Just don't go confusing sex and love. B/c this is new to you, you are apt to confuse the two. Treat her like an interesting but not very compelling beach book. Saavy?

Hold on to your heart, no matter how awesome she seems. She is leaving before you start. That said, I have heard of people getting back together years later, b/c they kept it light at the time. Beware - getting clingy and needy will drive her away forever. Trust me on this: been there, done that one too. My ex (a few ago, not the last one) is a lawyer. Never married; in my part of the world even. But I never forgot how clingy he got at the end. It leaves an impression, LR.
    Whoa whoa whoa...lol. Let's not get ahead of myself here; this might not even lead to sex, in fact, not likely. I haven't yet asked if she would still just like to go out and have fun.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Who cares about her leaving....just ask her out....you are getting too far ahead of yourself. Talk about it on the date silly.

Lol, yeah I am planning on that. But in my message doing so, I still want to include her, as in, show that I really read the message and think it's awesome that she's going abroad to study for a few months. Question is; HOW?

"That's really cool that you are going abroad to study. I'm totally down with just hanging and having fun while you're here. Would you like to meet over coffee?" (or whatever, blah blah blah).

You're still overthinking it. Just DO IT.

Maybe I'm underthinking it. Maybe my mind isn't wired to talk to girls, except in platonic or Friend Zone'ing manners...Maybe if I slap myself real good or fall while ice-skating one day it'll shuffle the synapses in my mind to work better when dealing with girls.

But yeah, I'll re-phrase that (hopefully not disastrously) so I can be sure you're not ghost-writing.
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 12-04-13 at 11:50 AM.

Synapses grow connections while doing new activities. FACT

To get better at it, you need to practice it.

LR you better not f uck this one up!

Pressure? Oh crap, I'm going to **** up for sure now. Besides, reading her profile...she's a SORORITY chick! Maybe I should hope she doesn't accept; otherwise, she might expect me to be loud, rambunctious and friendly with every damn person, a good dancer, an uber wit and a complete yuppie! I'm none of those things!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh what kind?
    Are you asking me or LR a question, S?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Great Carlin quote, Indie. lolzzz
    Ya. Have you noticed I'm much less of a miserable, stuckup bitch now that I'm away from my ex??
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 12-04-13 at 02:56 PM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Pressure? Oh crap, I'm going to **** up for sure now. Besides, reading her profile...she's a SORORITY chick! Maybe I should hope she doesn't accept; otherwise, she might expect me to be loud, rambunctious and friendly with every damn person, a good dancer, an uber wit and a complete yuppie! I'm none of those things!
    Who cares, LR? Sororities are stupid anyway (you know I went to school in the states, right?). Pretend she's a member of a benign, if irritating, religious cult and just ignore that aspect of her bad judgement for now.

--Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Actually, I had no idea you went to school here.

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast