+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: No Sex Before Marriage..

Quote Originally Posted by Fjortis View Post
    Before this sexual revolution women stayed virgin before marriage and none of them felt sexually deprived..
    Women stayed virgins before the sexual revolution? Bollocks. Have you never heard of a 'shotgun' marriage?

Neither of my grandmothers were virgins when they married. One was pregnant when she married and I inherited the diary of the other and read about it. We're talking about the late 1920's through to late 1930's - way before sexual revolution.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Wow ignorance is bliss!

Rebellious teenagers with raging hormones....come on, most never waited til marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Women stayed virgins before the sexual revolution?
    Lol, epic fail @ history on part of whoever said that. My God, how misinformed can you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject
    Idealistic hippie BS. That's not how it works in the real world, junior, so I'd suggest quit reading Thoreau to the accompaniment of The Doors and observe the real world.
    LR, for you to accuse others of not knowing how the real world works is at about the logical equivalent of Adolf Hitler preaching against the evils of racial intolerance. Here you are talking about sex in a way that I would expect from a 6 year old who just went to church for the first time and thinks girls have cooties and you simultaneously attempt to claim that I am the one who's out of touch with reality? People like you are what earned us the international monicker "Ass-Backwards America".

Riiiiight...Go puff the green dragon and calm down.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Another post that fails to refute anything. "You're a pothead", "you read Thoreau", "you're a hippie"...brilliant arguments lol

I told you, he's dumber'n a sack of hammers.

you say that like I ever disagreed with you lol

You're just mad cuz I is smarter than you.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    Lol, epic fail @ history on part of whoever said that. My God, how misinformed can you get
    It was Fjortis who said women stayed virgins before the sexual revolution. Your post kinda makes it look like I said it. ;-)
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Most women stayed virgin before marriage about 100 years ago, which is not a very long time if you consider the whole history of humankind. Then there was the era of sex and "promiscuity" or sexual freedom, when being a virgin after 18 was considered almost crazy, and now people are gradually coming back to their senses and the value of purity especially in women is being recognized as important again and restored. It is like that with anything new that comes up; at first people are overwhelmed and excited about it, but after a while their excitement subsides and their view becomes more objective and rational. That is when they re-evaluate the situation critically. That is what's slowly happening now..

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    you say that like I ever disagreed with you lol
    I had to read it about 4 times...and I kinda wasn't sure. I figured you agreed with me, but the doubts set in

Quote Originally Posted by Fjortis View Post
    Most women stayed virgin before marriage about 100 years ago, which is not a very long time if you consider the whole history of humankind. Then there was the era of sex and "promiscuity" or sexual freedom, when being a virgin after 18 was considered almost crazy, and now people are gradually coming back to their senses and the value of purity especially in women is being recognized as important again and restored. It is like that with anything new that comes up; at first people are overwhelmed and excited about it, but after a while their excitement subsides and their view becomes more objective and rational. That is when they re-evaluate the situation critically. That is what's slowly happening now..
    You cited the sexual revolution. The sexual revolution was in the 1960's when 'the pill' was invented.

Go back to the medieval times and you'll find all kinds of debauchery. It's not just the last 100 years.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Wow ignorance is bliss!
    Assuming you're referring to my comment about my grandmothers? I love family history and all it's skeletons.

My maternal grandmother got pregnant and was thrown out of home. My grandfather went looking for her and found her making a living as a cleaner. He married her and they had a very long and happy marriage. Though the interesting thing which came out of it was that the baby conceived before marriage was born with a significant mental disability. My great grandmother said to my grandmother - this is because you sinned! It's just too awful to imagine, isn't it.

My paternal grandmother referred to her husband-to-be to be as being experiened, but wasn't going to get her 'in trouble'. I assume she was referring to the withdrawal method. She also mentions her friends sneaking off into the bushes with her boyfriends and that she guessed what they were up to.

These are some of the most sexually constipated times compared to many eras in history. That's well documented.

Woman stayed virgins till marriage 100 years ago!!?? Haha! That hilarious!

Gawd....I love this forum....it's such a dumb guilty pleasure especially when I log on and read nonsensical crap like this
    Last edited by surfhb2; 10-02-13 at 04:11 PM.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast