+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn One night stand into a Relationship?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Asparagoose View Post
    You're not the insensitive jerk you pretend to be anyway. You just need to stop throwing your analysis onto people. Some people just don't want to know, I think that's something you have to come to terms with and accept.
    I agree. Its not that some ppl don't want to *know*, tho (that assumes its actually *right*) its that they disagree. And that is perfectly fine. Difference of opinion drives discussions like this forward.

My real problem w/GS posts is that he lacks substantial data of the significant sort that would support his sweeping conclusions. And he simply doesn't have the life experience at this point to support them. I don't usually disagree w/his interpretation of things on an individual case basis for what goes on in his microcosm.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Hey indi - for argument's sake, please tell us: how hard would it have been for you to get sex in your 20s if you were looking? I find it hard to believe I was so exceptional that I alone had no trouble whatsoever.
    I don't find it hard NOW. In my 20s, in college, it was more about finding a nice way to dissuade the attention.

Its that old joke:

A man & a woman stand in the middle of a busy street & yell "**** me!"

The guy gets taken away by the cops & the gal gets taken to a room someplace w/the 'winning' male.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Why not make a poll?

Of girls who are currently in their 20's..

How hard is it for them to have sex with the men they find attractive..
    There you go again. You can't stop can you? Law school really does turn you into an asshole, and you don't even seem to understand that.

This only irony is, is that you know how important it is for some people to believe certain things, you're fully aware of the emotional framework, and yet you still sit there trying to snap people away from what they want to believe. You even said so yourself, re-read your own posts. That it's important for them to believe it for self-esteem. So if you're trying to crush that and make it impossible for anyone to hold onto that belief, then you're being an insensitive asshole, sorry to break it to you.

This only irony is, is that you know how important it is for some people to believe certain things, you're fully aware of the emotional framework, and yet you still sit there trying to snap people away from what they want to believe. You even said so yourself, re-read your own posts. That it's important for them to believe it for self-esteem. So if you're trying to crush that and make it impossible for anyone to hold onto that belief, then you're being an insensitive asshole, sorry to break it to you.
    Ignorance doesn't phase me.., what bothers me.., are people who are intelligent enough to know that what they're saying just doesn't represent the way things really work in real life.., but still pretend to believe it..

Though.., i'll agree with Goose & Cain.., "who cares?"

Nevermind the poll vash.., it's quite alright.., your perspective is good enough
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Law school really does turn you into an asshole, and you don't even seem to understand that.
    If by solving problems in an unbiased manner.., free of any emotional attachement.. makes you an asshole.., then yes.. I have still yet to come to terms with that.. (althought I do see your point).., and it's easy to see the the resistance and negativity that follows..

Part of reality.., is that there is emotional attachement.. and an asshole is someone who is blind to or ignored that fact.., it's a bit of a challenge to let it go..

Interesting comedian btw.. Greek.., law student.., part of Mensa.., I got the message.., thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I don't find it hard NOW.
    True - the reason I specifically mentioned the 20s is because mish and grk were looking for reasons to make what I said wrong, so I wanted to narrow down the age range.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    In my 20s, in college, it was more about finding a nice way to dissuade the attention.
    Now it's about weighing the risk vs. benefits, right?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Now it's about weighing the risk vs. benefits, right?
    Holy moley, they have NO idea. Shades of grey doesn't come close, lol. Go visit my latest in the other place. I'd appreciate your opinion.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Hmm I can't bash anyone cuz I haven't been here long enough, but women definitely have a much easier time having sex than men. If I really wanted to go pick up a guy at a bar, i most definitely could, and no grkboy not an ugly one, one that I find to be attractive and one who is either my equal or better(in terms of looks intelligence etc.) What guy doesn't like sex, no strings attached?
    I won't lie tho if I walk into a bar and Tom Cruise happens to be there I highly doubt I'll have a chance (but that's b/c he's famous and rich and blah blah) then again several HOT hollywood celebs have hooked up with sum disgusting whores so ya...

Until you or mish have actually experienced being a female, I don't think you have one ounce of credibility about how easy or difficult it is for a woman to get sex.
    Ofcourse, and I agree with that.

What I'm saying that it's easy for a guy to get sex as well. And after some time of getting easy sex guy's priorities shift and become different. A guy who's had enough sex will not be interested in an easy girl unless she has certain qualities that he's after. I think this is what me and Scorp are trying to bring to attention.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I tend to find it hard to believe that a woman has to work to get a man in bed, also. Guys don't just have sex once in a day and think "whew... I'm done for a couple days." They have sex once and want sex again as soon as possible. If the girl is attractive, even if the guy is equal... it won't be hard for her to get him in bed.
    I agree to some extent, but there are buts. I believe it all depends on the quality and the type of people involved. Put an attractive girl next a guy who hasn't had any in awhile and yes he will be all over her. Put her next to a guy who gets laid at the snap of his fingers and she's nothing special to him, he might not even look twice at her. It's all very relative Cain.

I think it comes down to genes and natural selection. Someone with good genes and good skills will always be at the height of demand regardless whether they're male or female.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Ofcourse, and I agree with that.

What I'm saying that it's easy for a guy to get sex as well. And after some time of getting easy sex guy's priorities shift and become different. A guy who's had enough sex will not be interested in an easy girl unless she has certain qualities that he's after. I think this is what me and Scorp are trying to bring to attention.
    Negative. A guy that wants sex doesn't give a rat's ass about what her personality is like. Now, if you're talking about him wanting those qualities before pursuing a relationship then it doesn't fit in with what Vash and Indi are saying.

The point is, if an attractive woman walked into a bar right now, she could leave with a guy... both knowing they are about to have sex... within 5 minutes.

The point is, if an attractive woman walked into a bar right now, she could leave with a guy... both knowing they are about to have sex... within 5 minutes.
    Yeah.., and if an attractive man walked into a bar right now, he could leave with "a" woman (or women).. knowing they are about to have sex.., within 5 minutes..

The point is.., what kind of men or women are they leaving with?

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I think it comes down to genes and natural selection. Someone with good genes and good skills will always be at the height of demand regardless whether they're male or female.
    No good genes can make up for a bad attitude..

Mish.., from a guy's point of view.., a random knockout perfect 10 walks up to you and tells you.., "fcuk me".. what do you do?

She's a certified virgin.., she has living footage of her entire life all videotaped.., but she walks up to you.., with the belief and mentality that she has this sexual power over you that you simply can't resist.., that you simply can't help.., you can't control yourself.., and that this is all you are.., a sex hungry animal.., this is the level of respect she has for you.., how arousing..

But what type of a guy she would be leaving with? Not the "height of the demand guy" I can promise you that.

Negative. A guy that wants sex doesn't give a rat's ass about what her personality is like. Now, if you're talking about him wanting those qualities before pursuing a relationship then it doesn't fit in with what Vash and Indi are saying.
    Cain you are drifting into a different area entirely with this. A guy that wants sex and can get easy sex any time any where and have that need easily satisfied is going to be very picky when it comes to partner selection. I think it's pretty self explanatory. There will most likely be a whole range of various qualities that will need to be satisfied before he even bothers.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Yeah.., and if an attractive man walked into a bar right now, he could leave with "a" woman (or women).. knowing they are about to have sex.., within 5 minutes..

The point is.., what kind of men or women are they leaving with?
    I guess I'm going to have to reword everything I say.

If an attractive woman walks into a bar right now, she could leave with an equally attractive man within 5 minutes.

Sure, she might not be able to get one or two of the attractive guys because he's take or has random nussies available on call, but she WILL leave. A guy, though he might be able to leave for sure with an equally attractive woman, won't be able to do it as easily. That's the point. It's not that they both can do it, it's that it's EASIER for the woman.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast