+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ITT: I Help You Get Girls

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    Only-virgins says:

"Jeez what the hell. I get a phone number at a bar today and she tells me to call. So I do and no one picks up. Later when she calls back I am already in the car and I start talking stupid shit because I am drunk...of course women have PERFECT timing. She hung up on me naturally. Don't think it will work now."

this is why you txt a girl you just met. It lets you gather your thoughts before you say them. Call a girl after you've known her for a little while.
    Fail.

If I gave a guy my number and he texted me before calling me, it would be an instant turn-off. Maybe not enough to make me forget the guy altogether, but definitely bad. Once the texting starts, it never stops and communication suffers. Start out on a strong, confident foot - by showing her that you have enough faith in your verbal abilities to survive a phone conversation.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hello, annie! happy christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    hello, annie! happy christmas.
    Why thank you.

lovesjoyajm says:

"Fail.

If I gave a guy my number and he texted me before calling me, it would be an instant turn-off. Maybe not enough to make me forget the guy altogether, but definitely bad. Once the texting starts, it never stops and communication suffers. Start out on a strong, confident foot - by showing her that you have enough faith in your verbal abilities to survive a phone conversation."

nobody cares about what you would think. My advice isn't geared towards picking up 30 or 40-something yr olds. Your generation has different social expectations. Even if you are in your 20s, I still think you're full of shit. Almost every girl I've called (the same goes for my guy friends) after getting their number doesn't pick up the first time, but they always respond promptly to a text message. So stfu.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    idiot. she is younger than you. Just smarter.

vashti says:

"idiot. she is younger than you."

and I'm suppose to know this how? She doesn't list her age or birthday in her profile. And I could have sworn I've seen her post something before that led me to believe she's in her 30s or 40s. Her preference about calling first also supports her being older since this is mostly attributed to older generations.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Her preference about calling first also supports her being older since this is mostly attributed to older generations.
    *and smarter, articulate girls.

vashti says:

"and smarter, articulate girls."

whatever helps you feel better

Only-virgins says:

"Jeez what the hell. I get a phone number at a bar today and she tells me to call. So I do and no one picks up. Later when she calls back I am already in the car and I start talking stupid shit because I am drunk...of course women have PERFECT timing. She hung up on me naturally. Don't think it will work now."

this is why you txt a girl you just met. It lets you gather your thoughts before you say them. Call a girl after you've known her for a little while.
    It makes sense. They do like the call more though assuming they pick up.

lovesjoyajm says:

"Fail.

If I gave a guy my number and he texted me before calling me, it would be an instant turn-off. Maybe not enough to make me forget the guy altogether, but definitely bad. Once the texting starts, it never stops and communication suffers. Start out on a strong, confident foot - by showing her that you have enough faith in your verbal abilities to survive a phone conversation."

nobody cares about what you would think. My advice isn't geared towards picking up 30 or 40-something yr olds. Your generation has different social expectations. Even if you are in your 20s, I still think you're full of shit. Almost every girl I've called (the same goes for my guy friends) after getting their number doesn't pick up the first time, but they always respond promptly to a text message. So stfu.
    She is 20. Honestly whether it is a text or a call I believe it should be a as my friend would put it a "non-issue" however I'm a guy so I don't make a big deal out of every little thing. I agree with you, they never pick up the first time and it isn't about us showing our confidence by calling them first but rather testing theirs if they will pick up. This is of course fail, women rarely have any confidence. Their reaction these days is "oh crap he is calling me and not texting..what do I do what do I do what do I do?!" That is why they need us to have so much of confidence because they lack any. I should have texted, specially the condition I was in. At least not pick up maybe. Live and learn. Today I don't care but it bugged me yesterday cause she was cool. I have no problem calling or texting.

anyway, I have her number. You think there is anything I can do. I think any action now honestly would make me look kind of silly so I don't think so.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 22-12-09 at 03:04 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

leave a freakin message!

"hey, this is ov we met last night. i thought maybe we could talk some more over a walk in the park (or some other interesting outing). give me a call (or text) if that sounds ok. have a good day."

try that instead of acting like a drunken retard the first time you call a girl.
    Last edited by misombra; 22-12-09 at 03:38 AM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

She called me. I forgot about voice mail. I'll call her but she might pick up. I however logically can't distinguish the difference between a voice mail and text...other than the stupid voice. It is the same thing as in leaving a message.

Drunken....yes...retard? come on.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Only-virgins says:

"I agree with you, they never pick up the first time and it isn't about us showing our confidence by calling them first but rather testing theirs if they will pick up. This is of course fail, women rarely have any confidence. Their reaction these days is "oh crap he is calling me and not texting..what do I do what do I do what do I do?!"

when a guy calls the first time, either the girl is thinking what you said or they don't pick up b/c they see a foreign number and don't want to answer (which I can understand to a small degree). This is why texting is more successful with girls. They can see who it is, and texting gives them the safety of thinking before they speak.

"anyway, I have her number. You think there is anything I can do. I think any action now honestly would make me look kind of silly so I don't think so."

just ignore what happened. Don't ever mention it and if she brings it up, just make up some bullshit excuse like you were already in bed half-asleep she called. I think you can still redeem yourself if you play your cards right.

My generation.

Anyway, I understand exactly what you're saying. The kind of girls you're picking up probably love communicating solely via text.

lovesjoyajm says:

"My generation. lol"

this is why I also included your 20s in case I was wrong. I think ahead

"Anyway, I understand exactly what you're saying. The kind of girls you're picking up probably love communicating solely via text."

thank you for that insightful post. The type of girls I pick up come from all walks of life: 20-something yr olds, 30-something yr olds, in college, out of college, waitresses, lawyers, etc. What you fail to realize is that one exception doesn't rule out the norm. Just b/c you prefer guys to call you first (which I still call bullshit on) doesn't make you an authority on the subject. Unless you've approached many girls and compared the success of calling vs texting them, then you really have no room to offer advice to guys.

You'll notice that I told you MY preference, which you obviously have no room to "call bullshit on". In more than one instance I've had a guy text me as a first contact, and the guys have unfailingly turned out to be spineless losers. It's not because there's any inherent harm in texting, but the kind of guy who prefers texting to talking is usually either not interesting or not confident enough to hold up a conversation. Hence the texting.

OV is right, btw. It's an equally good test of a girl's confidence/degree of interest. If I were a guy, and I called a girl, and she responded via text, I'd think just as scathingly of her as I do the guys who text.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast