+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Racial Preferance?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Doesn't matter.

I have two acquaintances, both white south africans that stayed here past their visas.

One is getting married in Chicago, and the other just got knocked up down here.

I say good for them on not getting caught yet, but they're taking risks going the route they are.

They should go through the system like anyone else.
    i don't consider mexicans illegals. they were here first.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    i don't consider mexicans illegals. they were here first.
    No they weren't.

mods I wont be offended if you shut this thread down, promise

Frasbee. This isn't a political thread so please shut your politics up.

I agree, this thread should be closed. It's wandered way off topic.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    No they weren't.
    care to elaborate?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    Frasbee. This isn't a political thread so please shut your politics up.

I agree, this thread should be closed. It's wandered way off topic.
    Actually, noone got offensive or offended until this^ post.

Like Vash, I'd like to learn more about Frasbee's reasoning. We know he and Miso won't fight.

For the rest, including you Laila, perhaps you should consider simply ignoring this thread if you can't keep it civil. Noone is forcing you to either read or comment. Even if you are not, others might be interested.

Thanks.

No one got offended? I'm offended by what Frasbee wrote.

I'm not shoving my views on immigration down his throat. I was requesting that he extend the same courtesy to me.

His comments are off topic. If he wants to talk about his views he should start a new thread titled: "I hate immigrants".

Believe me, I'll stay away from that thread.

When I look at the girl's figure and attractive facial features I don't see a race. I only see physical features that appeal to me.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

So many women tan and change their natural look, that I can't honestly tell you what race a woman is at times.

I have always been very close minded about race, white was the only one I would consider. I am in no way a racist, its just the way I was. I am discovering that as I mature, I am more like Mish and completely overlook race.

The world is starting to melt together. Racial lines are starting to blend a lot more than they have in the past.
    Last edited by Cbrider; 23-03-10 at 12:43 PM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No one got offended? I'm offended by what Frasbee wrote.

I'm not shoving my views on immigration down his throat. I was requesting that he extend the same courtesy to me.

His comments are off topic. If he wants to talk about his views he should start a new thread titled: "I hate immigrants".

Believe me, I'll stay away from that thread.
    There are several different issues here, but the basic solution is the same: don't read it if you don't like it. Nothing is being 'shoved down your throat'. Thats a ridiculous emotional response entirely of your own making.

Unless I am missing something, there is nothing inherently offensive about Fras' last post. Consider you are hypersensitive and look for offense where there is none. That is a you problem. If there is anyone here who should be infracted and derailed the thread, it is you Laila since you slung the first insult.

You don't have to like what is posted, but at the same time, your choice to feel offense doesn't entitle you to shut down a reasonable conversation. I will repeat: so far, the only person who actively insulted anyone here is YOU. Until then, it was just a argument about differing viewpoints.

Anyway, I hope the mods don't close this thread. As I said, I'm still interested in Fras' response. Certainly Vash or my opinions are as equally valid as yours, particularly since you can simply choose not to read or respond. I'm prepared to agree or disagree with him, but I certainly won't allow myself to get upset about it, either way. I think it will be a good lesson in self-control for you to accept that not everyone has to modify their posting manner or speech simply b/c you don't like it. At least on the free internet, PC folk need not be toadied to; it is simply too easy to simply decide to go elsewhere.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 23-03-10 at 12:47 PM.

I'm not trying to shut down the conversation. It's off topic. I was interested in the original topic. Why should I have to avoid this thread I was involved in because it's off topic? Why can't I avoid a thread that is aptly titled: "Blah blah blah immigration."

I have strong feelings about immigration that go against what's being said. I'm usually pretty calm and can argue my point without being insulting but this is one topic I wouldn't be able to do that with. I'm too passionate about it, so I'll opt out.

I don't see why starting a new thread would be such a huge problem. That way people who were interested in the OP's thread could continue without having to read stuff about immigration.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post
    I'll admit that this thread has a bad title, I'm pretty knowledgable on the subject of race, human variation, genetics (haplogroups and such) etc, so I'm perhaps more aware moreso then the average person that all races evidently flow into one another from a physical stanbd point. What I want to know is not so much whether you prefer white or black (because its simply not that cut and dry in the wider perspective of things), but whta combination racial features you prefer....skin tone, hair texture, eye and hair colour, eye shape, what range does your preferences fall in?
    What does the bolded part^ have to do with your question? There are several people who can comment on genetics here, myself included. Is your question a dating question, or a genetics one? I can easily address the latter, but such knowledge doesn't seem relevant to your question unless you are planning to do some kind of linkage study on specific racial characteristics and some other kind of measurement. Horribly complex, good luck with that. You would also need to know some parameters about the person *answering* the question, which you haven't asked.

Or are you just trying to establish you have some knowledge about something in a tangential way? So do lots of others here, FYI.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not trying to shut down the conversation. It's off topic. I was interested in the original topic. Why should I have to avoid this thread I was involved in because it's off topic? Why can't I avoid a thread that is aptly titled: "Blah blah blah immigration."

I have strong feelings about immigration that go against what's being said. I'm usually pretty calm and can argue my point without being insulting but this is one topic I wouldn't be able to do that with. I'm too passionate about it, so I'll opt out.

I don't see why starting a new thread would be such a huge problem. That way people who were interested in the OP's thread could continue without having to read stuff about immigration.
    It could go into a new thread, but there haven't been enough posts on the subject to justify it really. Threads go on/off topic here all the time. Just ignore the posts you don't like. Like I said, I doubt Miso will let it go sideways.

If we started a new thread because one got derailed, we would have ten sub threads for every original thread.

People will say what they please on a forum and you can be assured that beliefs will clash. If you don't like it, just ignore it. There are plenty of people on here that I think are asshats, but I don't bother to rip them apart every time I see a post I don't agree with.

Just post what you have to say relating to the original post and ignore the rest.

I opened this thread, read the first post, skipped nine pages of bull shit and circle jerk and posted my response.

Edit: Miso wields Thor's Hammer and Poseidon's Spear - she keeps order quiet well.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

When you're a really passionate person (like me) it's hard to ignore a comment like: "Illegals and Mexicans should go home and stop popping out babies like they're meal tickets."

To me that's extremely offensive, especially the line referring to children. It makes me want to say mean things to the poster. You may have thought I was being rude Indie, but I'm very proud of myself for holding back and not calling the poster names and acting immature.

I guess I'll just avoid this thread entirely. That's too bad. I was interested in the original subject.

I don't believe in pandering to the PC crowd either. I was just looking to enjoy the conversation that was being had previously.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast