+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The looks scale, how do guys rate?

Lol i didnt say it was a "conspiracy against women" i said its only designed to make women feel like crap which it does

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Lol i didnt say it was a "conspiracy against women" i said its only designed to make women feel like crap
    "I'm not racist, I just hate black people you silly goose"

Well why else was it designed then? Enlighten me

Like I told you earlier ITT, to guage how physically attractive you think someone is. Everything beyond that you read into it is all on you.

Lol the way i see it is your either attracted to someone or your not. Simple. and if your not then you dont need to say it. Its not necessary to put a number on someone.

If someone had the nerve to call me average id punch them coz im not and im not just referring to me looks, referring to the whole package i offer so its a down right insult.

You're average.

Now, let's see you back up some of that bravado

Stranger on the net calling me average. Ppfftt say it to my face mister

I didn't say it was a matter of their friends opinions of their date making a difference. I'd never ask one of my friends to rate their SO, and I don't think that situation has ever come up in any circle that I've run in. It's really not that serious. It's an afterthought to us. FWIW, we don't really even rate the girls who are below 5. Instead of rating someone a 2, we'll just cringe or something...because it's only to do with immediate sexual desire. I don't know if this clarification helps or adds fuel to the fire, but men don't take the number system nearly as seriously as you ladies are. We definitely don't do it to make women feel bad, and I don't know anyone whose told a woman what they rate her unless they call her a dime(10) or something. Although, I guess we did come up with the 3 digit area code system I discussed in the other thread. Lately, we've just been doing the binary system though...0 or 1.

Michelle, sounds like your Tae Bo classes are going well.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 29-11-13 at 10:37 AM.

Lol whats tae bo? Maybe i do take the rating scale too seriously but it is a way to objectify someone if it purely is about sexual attraction. Girls dont want guys saying "id tap that" or "i want to bang her" most of us want a guy who says "i wana take her out" and where im from a lot of guys (apart from teenage boys and a minority of assholes) go with the latter approach

I know that you don't do it to make women feel bad, but it still does make some women feel bad. Maybe that's a good enough reason to stop doing it, since it's just a non-serious, unimportant afterthought for you guys :-)?

BTW: personally, I am not bothered by it, because I am not attracted to guys who use it, so it makes no difference to me personally if I get rated by them. It's just the mentality that backs it up that I can't stand.

Lol whats tae bo? Maybe i do take the rating scale too seriously but it is a way to objectify someone if it purely is about sexual attraction. Girls dont want guys saying "id tap that" or "i want to bang her" most of us want a guy who says "i wana take her out" and where im from a lot of guys (apart from teenage boys and a minority of assholes) go with the latter approach

Oh, come on!

1) It is not a way to "objectify women"--women objectify men all the time, too! It's not some tool constructed just to hurt women. It's a way of comparing potential girls to date--just like women would discuss a guy's job, height, etc. when comparing amongst their girlfriends. It's not something a guy says to a girl's face (unless he's a douche, like this one guy I dated--and quickly got rid of lol)

2) Even if a girl is in denial of this....I believe girls want to be "objectified" (in the definition of how you used it in your reply) to an extent--in the sense that they DO wanna be sexually desirable--so although we want a guy to treat us like a lady, esp. in the beginning--we still need to feel like he is actually a man with a **** that wants to "tap that".

The rating scale might hurt because it brings out the fact that a girl is not "the hottest girl in the world" and has fewer dating options than another guy--which stings even more because guys tend to agree on female attractiveness based on certain characteristics. How is truth malicious? It just is.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I know that you don't do it to make women feel bad, but it still does make some women feel bad. Maybe that's a good enough reason to stop doing it, since it's just a non-serious, unimportant afterthought for you guys :-)?

BTW: personally, I am not bothered by it, because I am not attracted to guys who use it, so it makes no difference to me personally if I get rated by them. It's just the mentality that backs it up that I can't stand.
    Sigh--k just because a guy doesn't outwardly use it doesn't mean he doesn't THINK it--I assume all people compare potential mates to others based on attractiveness.

Well actually ive never sat around discussing a guys wallet, job or comparing him to brad pitt, ive never talked about the size of someones dick or discussed if someone is bad in bed. Im not a bitch and im not shallow. All im interested in is a) is he my type-do i find him attractive b) does he have a job? (Im not gonna date someone lazy or demotivated c). Can i trust him d). Is there chemistry? If yes to those 4 boxes ill give him a chance and go on a date..
    Maybe some women are shallow and sit around gossiping like a bunch of prats but ive better things to do

Well actually ive never sat around discussing a guys wallet, job or comparing him to brad pitt, ive never talked about the size of someones dick or discussed if someone is bad in bed. Im not a bitch and im not shallow. All im interested in is a) is he my type-do i find him attractive b) does he have a job? (Im not gonna date someone lazy or demotivated c). Can i trust him d). Is there chemistry? If yes to those 4 boxes ill give him a chance and go on a date..
    Maybe some women are shallow and sit around gossiping like a bunch of prats but ive better things to do

a and b are the same "shallow things" just stated more vaguely....

you may rank his value in your mind (and even self-deny it) regardless of whether or not you explicitly say why guy 1 is better than guy 2

Obv, you don't say stupid stuff like "o he doesnt look like brad pitt" or "o, he makes $10k less than I want" -- but it still registers in your mind what his job is and what the connotations are, how attractive he is to you based on physical characteristics that you value, etc.

And if you discuss penis size, then yes, that makes you a bitch. That's why you don't discuss it--you just decide on your minimum requirements in your mind and go from there. Just as a guy might choose his minimum requirements for the prettiness of a girl's face.
    Last edited by Ugly_Swan; 29-11-13 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly_Swan View Post
    a and b are the same "shallow things" just stated more vaguely....

you may rank his value in your mind (and even self-deny it) regardless of whether or not you explicitly say why guy 1 is better than guy 2

Obv, you don't say stupid stuff like "o he doesnt look like brad pitt" or "o, he makes $10k less than I want" -- but it still registers in your mind what his job is and what the connotations are, how attractive he is to you based on physical characteristics that you value, etc.

And if you discuss penis size, then yes, that makes you a bitch. That's why you don't discuss it--you just decide on your minimum requirements in your mind and go from there. Just as a guy might choose his minimum requirements for the prettiness of a girl's face.
    Also--I've seldom heard the rating scale used in irl--it's usually used in public debates over celebrities--in which case, girls (not me simply because I'm not into celebrity news) that go "omg brad pitt is hot, bla bla" are doing the same thing--they just use more qualitative language.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast