+ Follow This Topic
Page 94 of 405 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks, Starbuck. One of the girls understood right away what was happening, and she (not the teacher) helped my daughter be safe, and gave instructions to a couple of other girls. I am thinking of taking them each a little box of sweets to thank them today. I actually think it may have been more traumatic for THEM than it was for my daughter. I mean, as sad as it is to say, my daughter has been through this many times before, and although she IS humiliated, those other girls were really scared.

The thing that pisses me off is that we warned the school that she is medically fragile right now, so they could advise her teachers and make sure they knew how to handle a seizure, but the teacher didn't know what to do.

Misombra - it really isn't the neurologist's fault. We are in the midst of titrating medications, so she is just not stable right now. but I sure wish I could blame someone.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'd suggest contacting each of her teachers individually about her medical situation. At the beginning of each semester, students are usually given a syllabus where the instructor indicates that if any medical accommodations are needed for any particular situation, it is a school policy and obligation to meet them.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I'd suggest contacting each of her teachers individually about her medical situation. At the beginning of each semester, students are usually given a syllabus where the instructor indicates that if any medical accommodations are needed for any particular situation, it is a school policy and obligation to meet them.
    Yeah, that's already been done. The thing is, everyone says "oh yeah, I'm on it", until it happens.
    Last edited by vashti; 17-02-10 at 09:35 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I wonder if there is any legal action you can take when they fail to comply with their school policies.

Waiting for the stinkin DMV to cash a check I wrote last Friday. I can't believe certain businesses will ONLY still take checks. Seems too annoying for everyone involved.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I guess I'll thank you twice for your concern, papi!

Welcome back.
    Papi's fully back on station!
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I wonder if there is any legal action you can take when they fail to comply with their school policies.
    Well, I don't see any reason to consider legal action. She is fine now, and the school did what they were supposed to do, as far as making sure the teachers knew she had this problem. I think the teacher just panicked. It's understandable. If you haven't seen it, you just don't know how you will react.

Thanks for your interest.
    Last edited by vashti; 17-02-10 at 11:54 PM.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I don't see any reason to consider legal action. She is fine now, and the school did what they were supposed to do. I think the teacher just panicked. It's understandable. If you haven't seen it, you just don't know how you will react.

Thanks for your interest.
    Yeah I think it's unnecessary to sue them or something... Seizures look pretty scary , anyone could panic. Good that she has a friend who can keep it cool and help.
    I wazzzz here

I wasn't suggesting suing. But your daughter may not always have friends in her classes who know what to do. You've already done all you can (without sitting in her classes) to ensure her safety. If the school fails to abide by their own policies, then you should do something about it.

after all we've shared and been through, to hear my bf tell someone who asked who I was that I am a 'friend" - WTF!!!!!

being blocked from posting replies to threads on another forum site without any reason that I know of!!!!
    "Absence from those we love is self from self - a deadly banishment." Wm Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    All mouth and no balls, eh Doc? You left before her manager (or the cops) showed. Coward.
    She acted unprofessionally and used her capacity as the bagel dispensing broad to act out whatever mess her mind was in, on me.

Are you saying that I should have simply hung around after completing my bakery purchase in order for her to stand and point atop her female pedestal and say, "he said something inappropriate or wrong to me...e..e!!! I'm a sweet naive little buttercup and can do no wrong so get a posse together and bash his skull into the pavement!!!!!"?

I think not.

A little background info for you though, Indi.

"Mate" isn't used as often as it once was and has connotations dependent on the situation, the same as "Good on ya".

If you were to hand a petrol station attendant a one hundred dollar bill for a three dollar bottle of water (because that's all you had at the time), you would expect a "good on ya" said with a curtness not becoming of chivalry. However, if you were to help an elderly lady cross the street with her shopping bags during rush hour, a random "good on ya' through a passing car window is pretty much assured to be positive in nature.

So in an instance where you wander into a bakery, ask for half a dozen bagels, and witness a half second squinty eye sweep from top to bottom quickly followed by a "mate" by a woman without an ocker bone in her body, and a name tage which states, "Gigi", it's pretty apparent what is being conveyed.

The irony of the matter is that I didn't notice her until that rude quip. Completely oblivious after my work of the day, I was merely fixated on a hot bagel with cream cheese and chillies on top. (and no, I wasn't drooling.. I checked in the rear view mirror after I got out of the bakery)

Had I been in bakery towards Albury Wodonga, Adelaide, or Woolydonga... it wouldn't have been an issue.

But in a capital city of multiculturalism 4 million and strong, we do have service level expectations... even for bagels...

(even if she was checking out my arse and sugar cubes, which I can't fault her for )

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I thought "mate" was a synonym for "friend", in which case, it sounds like you over-thought it, Doc. She was probably just trying to be friendly in a casual way.

I hate to think of the reaction I'd get from you as a patient. I call most of them "sweety" or "hun" or "my friend" (depending on gender and age), and it is generally well-received. In fact, it's never NOT been well-received.

I thought "mate" was a synonym for "friend", in which case, it sounds like you over-thought it, Doc. She was probably just trying to be friendly in a casual way.

I hate to think of the reaction I'd get from you as a patient. I call most of them "sweety" or "hun" or "my friend" (depending on gender and age), and it is generally well-received. In fact, it's never NOT been well-received.
    "Mate" has several meanings, Vashti.

Good on ya, mate...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I suppose I am not well-versed in Aussie slang, then. BTW - what is an "ocker bone"?

ocker is slang for redneck or bogan or hick.

It usually stems from a rural bush upbringing and carries with it a certain level of education and station in life, generally not elevated, although there are exceptions to the rule.