+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Over 30 forum?

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Do homeless people ever steal the macadamia packets people leave outside their houses?
    No, they are more apt to steal things they can pawn... like your lawn equipment, anything they can get off your car, and raid through your garbage for anything of more value than the macadamia packets.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Geez, I'm not starting threads anymore :-P
    how many times do people actually stay on topic?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Geez, I'm not starting threads anymore :-P
    Your question was over pages ago buddy.

You can always delete a thread by deleting your first post, btw. Provided a mod hasn't closed it first.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    we'll see what i can do about that...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Maybe a board for people who've actually lived a little and went through some of the stuff other people just wonder about would be good to seperate from the high school, freshman year at college type stuff?

Hard to tell how old people are on here and maybe someone who's 40 with kids and an ex shouldn't have to sift through advice, even though well intended, from someone who's living in their parents basement or in a dorm room.
    This is good idea.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that this forum is not in general the best place for advice. many people just give sort of comfortable advice, without really knowing the problem, or just ranting, because their life experience is quite comfortable.
    While I can see some good threads about marriage problems, there are actually quite the number of threads that fail miserably. Plus the count of regulars, and self-claimed consultors-therapeuts. There are some good advice on this forum, but mainly it is about stereotypes.

Generally, I assume people come to the forums as a last resort, but this... Idk.

The best advice I have seen, is from a drug forum actually, where people have really gone through shit, had ton of relationships, and none of that middle-class restaurant-date crap. What I see here, are some average people hanging out, but the label gives off the impression this is somewhat serious forum.
    Last edited by boobaa; 08-11-09 at 01:12 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Vegetables tend to do poorly in a packback in 90+ degree weather. They also bring about food poisoning and other problems on the street. Trust me... for the impoverished on the street or in filthier conditions... 'health food' is not cheaper.

Also... it's a lot easier to steal candies than fruits and vegetables as one is far more available than the other (i.e. convenience stores.. etc.).. so once again, it's more readily available to the impoverished.

Then finally, people are more apt to give out junk food and canned goods to the homeless (which spoil quickly when opened) than they are any other foods for some reason.

When I was homeless... something with sugar was more or less the staple diet as it held out longer, was easier to find, and less likely to make you sick.
    Yeah.. b.c ur probably a tiny chick who sits behind a desk all day and gets free coffee at work.

Men who are active NEED meat and carbs to be HEALTHY.

$10 a week in vegetables would go pretty quickly.

Different story for a tiny chick who never moves.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    This is good idea.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that this forum is not in general the best place for advice. many people just give sort of comfortable advice, without really knowing the problem, or just ranting, because their life experience is quite comfortable.

While I can see some good threads about marriage problems, there are actually quite the number of threads that fail miserably. Plus the count of regulars, and self-claimed consultors-therapeuts. There are some good advice on this forum, but mainly it is about stereotypes.

Generally, I assume people come to the forums as a last resort, but this... Idk.
    Thanks booba, obviously it's a better idea more from a life experience perspective than an age requirement, but after being here awhile I can see it's not necessary. Everyone brings a little something to the table in their own way, but it's pretty easy to see who has life experience first hand and like you said, who's giving a canned response.

Most people that come here for advice are going to do what they want to do anyway, that's how it works in real life. They're hoping they'll find that one post in their thread that backs it up, to make them feel justified in doing it.

Like I've said before, if the time I'm around this board I help even 1 person, that they actually took the advice on experiences I've lived or dealt with and used it, that would make it worthwhile to me personally. I fully realize that pretty much everyone is going to do what they want to do and make the mistakes we cautioned them about anyway.

The upside of that is that they'll learn from their own mistakes and experiences too and hopefully down the road help the next person that will be asking the same questions.

life experience just means you've had longer to become stupid.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    life experience just means you've had longer to become stupid.
    **SMACK**

Shut up george.

^ Damn... Vashti just bitchslapped george...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

It's a good idea but why don't one of you just start a Over 30's group. We have that option to start groups and invite people. It has it's own personal board in the groups. Do that then.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd say that 80% of the time, you can tell who is over 30, just by reading their advice.

Look at this way George, maybe one day you'll actually be able to tip the waitress at Denny's and not get pissed off about it.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    **SMACK**
    Oh my !!! Some fire in those eyes !!

You can show your age throughout the forum can't you?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast