+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sexual History

Sexual History

I know this topic has been beaten to death but i wanted to share something with everyone. There is no point... just sharing...

Many of us wonder about our partners sexual past. Many are threatened by it and get very insecure..... myself included.

My first girlfriend had sex with 2 other people before me. She was my first "everything". I was so insecure with myself I could not get over her past and it drove me to the point of resentment...and things ended up not working out. I regret it to this day.

A couple relationships and years later I found myself in a similar situation. This time... I decided I did not want to know anything. I wanted to start fresh and only worry about what was happening now between us..... not what happened to us before we met one another.

This did not work... I started making things up in my head... things that made the resentment start again. Meanwhile... she had given little reason for me to worry about anything between us... I was ruining another relationship on my own.

I did some work on myself and tried to work out my own insecurities. This helped but it did not solve everything.

Finally the other night... I sat down and talked with her about it. She asked me about my past within the first few weeks we met.... so the conversation was mostly about her.

To try and bring this to a close.... I learned a lot. It finally put my mind at ease and I feel closer to her now then I ever have. We have been dating for almost a year. I will be honest... some of the stuff she shared did not give me the warm and fuzzies... haha... but I finally did not have to wonder anymore... no more wasting time and energy on things that are in the past and really are none of my business.

I finally feel like we are going moving forward again.

Thank you for sharing! Good luck to you!
    Last edited by daisy; 04-04-06 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DPR417

My first girlfriend had sex with 2 other people before me. She was my first "everything". I was so insecure with myself I could not get over her past and it drove me to the point of resentment...and things ended up not working out. I regret it to this day.
    Oh I know what that is all about! That's me in my first relationship!

Good call on the openess policy, I think it works out better that way too.