+ Follow This Topic

Thread: get things goin again

get things goin again

My girlfriend and I have been together for 9 months. She is still in college but I have just graduated and working full time as a web designer and plus personal clients I sometimes work on in the evenings/weekends.

Lately, about the last month or so, things haven't been quite the same. We have gotten into a routine. I see her for a few minutes while I am getting ready for work in the morning and then in the evening when I get home. Usually we figure out what we want for dinner, go to the store to get the stuff, cook, eat, watch tv, and that's about it. It's not that we both don't enjoy doing all this, it's just thats all we really do.

I know I haven't been able to put much time into our relationship as I have. I have recently gotten a promotion which meant a major increase in my responsibilities at work and more stress. I think I may have too many personal clients at the moment that take up too much time in the evenings as well. Because of my responsibilites at work, I don't have time to do stuff on a lunch break and then bring it home after work. I used to use that time to do/plan things. Also, I just moved to a new apartment and money is kind of tight at the moment. Before, I lived with several roommates and rent was cheap. I had lots of money to spend on her and doing things. Since I have moved, that drastically changed and I haven't been able to compensate.

Things seem to get more tense between us more frequently. I know it's because she fears us becoming a dull "old married couple" and that I won't do anything anymore. She sees how her parents are and absolutely hates it and sees us ending up exactly the same.

I don't know if this is more of a question now or a "rant". But, I'm just getting more and more stressed as things between her and I get more and more stressed... it's growing exponentially.

I guess I need to find a better way to manage my time when she isn't around so I can plan those fun things we used to do (which isn't often, we are almost always together unless I'm at work).

I guess any responses would be helpful, but I don't even know what I'm asking for here

You said it yourself dude, try to plan things a little different so you can spend time with her.

You have to understand one thing, and so does she. These are some of the things that challenge young couples, and couples period. You have to understand that it takes more then love to have a successful and long lasting realationship. Some days you just have to try harder, others its easier. The problem with younger couples (lol im 19) is that they think one problem crashes the relationship and then its over. If you REALLY want to be with the person, you will fight through any sort of problem. Allow her to understand that without "Attacking" her about it.

Assure her your realtionship will survive, take her out if you have the time. Stuff like that, do that and odds are things will be better if she also tries to understand.

I hope I helped. I hope everything works out.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

well, i think you're right to put more respondsibility to your work
    because you will be a leader in the future after a marriage and you might plan to collect money enough for the expense.
    But you think about yourself, Don't you put more time to do it?
    and if she understands what you're doing, it's for you both, not only for youself. Then she will be okay if she totally understands you.
    Umm, she's in college , i think she shoud know what is the life after graduate.

So try to explain to make her understand.