+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a cut-off age for partying?

Is there a cut-off age for partying?

I'm in my late thirties, and I still love a good party. As I get older, it's less and less frequent, but I still have times when I go out and tie one off with friends. Maybe one night a week, two tops.

Is there a certain point where I should stop partying? It's not like I'm sleeping with random guys or getting so smashed I'm passing out or putting myself in dangerous situations. I get bad hangovers, but I've always been a hangover wimp who gets them easily. The worst thing about going out is the time I waste in bed the next day.

Should I be living a more party-free lifestyle at my age? Is there a point where it becomes a little sad?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you just have to pick your scene. There are places where I won't go now, at 25, because they're full of 18 year olds.

Also the older you get the worse you look when you're drunk I think. And the less you can get away with behaviour wise. One of the reasons I want to make sure I'm married by 35 is so I'm not out chasing skirts when my looks and my hair are gone and nobody's interested.

But for you Starbuck, because you look so young I wouldn't really worry at all.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We still go to parties, SB & I'm of an age with you. Most of them are to do w/some kind of celebration or visitors & involve a lot of sitting around, chatting, eating & drinking. Its not often that one of us gets completely shitfaced, tho it happens mbe 1-2 a year. One of us becomes the DD.

They aren't the loud music, cops-show-up, puke-in-the-bushes type parties anymore, mind. And I find I just can't hold my booze like I used to. 3 glasses of wine & I'm basically toast. But we do enjoy socializing & getting together with friends.

What *I* miss is a fellow who I can go out dancing with. Not clubbing; classy dancehall style partner dancing.

BTW, CB. I love your new signature.

[QUOTE=Charlie Boy II;385600]
    One of the reasons I want to make sure I'm married by 35 is so I'm not out chasing skirts when my looks and my hair are gone and nobody's interested. QUOTE]

!!! i went into convulsions when i read that, i actually had to take a drink after. of course what you're saying is a good idea but for some reason it made me laugh before i saw your additional comment about SB looking young, so glad you added that.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

i don't believe there is any cut-off, just a slow down, it depends on your energy levels.

You're as young as the man you feel.

go cougars!
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    BTW, CB. I love your new signature.
    It's the RZA, and I just realised I have it wrong: slide/slide instead of glide/slide.

you can still go out and party!

i'm the opposite though i'm a homebody. i rarely go out and when i do i have fun maybe one third of the time.

if i lived in nyc though i'd be partying all the time there's so much fun stuff going on all the time.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i'm the opposite though i'm a homebody. i rarely go out and when i do i have fun maybe one third of the time.
    that's because you're a hater

no sireee i am a lover baby. now give me that cock cb.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    you can still go out and party!

if i lived in nyc though i'd be partying all the time there's so much fun stuff going on all the time.
    There is alot going on, and I get that "missing out" feeling if I don't take advantage of it.

But I can be a homebody too sometimes. Especially in the dead of winter when it's too damn cold to go out.

I just wish I had a better hangover cure.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    umm.. i'm 28 and i've been drinking for almost the past month straight. and i don't think that i'll stop anytime soon.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I miss the dancing too, indi. I don't know why men in their late 30s & 40s think we somehow have decided we don't enjoy dancing anymore.

Maybe I will sign up for a dance class after I get through nursing school.

Anyway, I'm not so much into drunken parties anymore. I hate being hung over the next day, and I think every hangover I get makes my body feel 5 years older. I save my drunken occassions for when I get together with my sisters once or twice a year.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't know why men in their late 30s & 40s think we somehow have decided we don't enjoy dancing anymore.
    Cuz most men don't like to dance anyway and once they've been married that long they pretty much don't have to anymore to get laid. That's one of the perks of longterm marriages as I see it.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Meh, who wants to dance with our husbands anyway? They step on us enough OFF the dance floor.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast