+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i'm in trouble with the law.

i'm in trouble with the law.

i have to go to traffic court tomorrow morning. i got a speeding ticket a couple months ago coming back from a camping trip. i had my friends' kids with me 11 and 7, girls, and two dogs, my very large dog, and my friends' dog. anyway i was going a little fast. 95 in a 65 mph zone. yeah so i plead not guilty and i'm going to court hoping the cop won't show. everybody cross your fingers for me. i'll probably have to go to a driving class. well, i'm gonna go rehearse my innocent act. peace.

Baaaaaaaaad sombra! Hey, you're gonna be a good lawyer, time to start practicing! Dont worry too much, it'll be alright.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Criminal!! If they throw you in the pokey, I'll bake you a cake with a file in it. hahaha
    Just play up the puppy-dog eyes; it could work. Good luck!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, I wouldn't worry, the cops hardly ever bother to show up to court for those things. Seriously, my bf got off three tickets this year just because the cop didn't show. You'll be fine.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    i have to go to traffic court tomorrow morning. i got a speeding ticket a couple months ago coming back from a camping trip. i had my friends' kids with me 11 and 7, girls, and two dogs, my very large dog, and my friends' dog. anyway i was going a little fast. 95 in a 65 mph zone. yeah so i plead not guilty and i'm going to court hoping the cop won't show. everybody cross your fingers for me. i'll probably have to go to a driving class. well, i'm gonna go rehearse my innocent act. peace.
    Ooops. Well, good luck Miso.

I would guess you have a nice car. Nice cars are meant to be driven fast... else why make them?? Tho I guess they probably dinged you 'cause you had kids w/you.

Fingers Xd.

Why would you speed with kids in the car?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

I'm sure the cop won't show. My friend did that for 6 of her tickets and the cop never showed

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hope the cop doesn't show. When I got a speeding ticket a couple years back for 95 in a 75, he gave me a ticket for 5 over but wrote the actual speed in the remarks so i couldn't fight it...JERK!

Good luck to you though!!!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

That may not work. Cops typically get over-time pay (2.5) to show for court. At our court the minimum OT the get just for showing to court is 4 hours. Thats 4 hours of OT pay..some good incentive to show.

I would submit a Trial by Written Declaration..cops don't get paid OT to submit paperwork...and just to let you know cops hate paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by carpflounder
    ...and just to let you know cops hate paperwork.
    This is very true. I got a ticket going through Kentucky and sent in the check and got it all squared away only to get the check back a month later with a letter saying the cop didn't file the paperwork for the ticket on time thus I was off the hook. I consistently drive 80-95 MPH even though the speed limit on all of our highways is still 55. I'm not reckless, I just don't waste time.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I use a phantom radar deflector and I try to keep it at a cool 75-80 mph. When I go on long trip up north to Tahoe I usually go camping or snowboarding with my three friends. One is an EMT/Reserve Deputy so he drives and we keep it at 110 - 120 mph. Been pulled over 4 times..he just flashes his tin..no tickets ever.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hear ya Carp, most of our friends are Cops as well and do the same thing!!!

so i got a 90 day deferment. can't get in trouble (this is all in the next county over, mind you) for 90 days. plus i have to pay $25 to the dare program. that was to get out of having to go to traffic school. the best thing is that it's not going on my record. my insurance is so out of hand.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well at least it went somewhat smoothly for you! Now stay out of trouble...LOL

lol thanks. i can't promise to try. but i'll try to try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast