+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trying to move on...

Trying to move on...

Hi All,

I posted a thread here a couple of months back. About how i had a bf who got married 3 weeks after we broke up.

Well, it's been 8 months since we broke up and 5 months since i found out the ugly truth.

Since then, i've been trying my very best to move on. At times i feel i am moving on, at some other times, i still do get reminded of the hurt that i am still feeling.

A new guy has since entered my life (i hope it's not too fast). I actually met him 2 years ago, and fate has it, we met up again, only this time, things got friendlier.

I am still very afraid to be with any guy, even if it's just as friends. I've turned down dates from this guy many times yet he's still trying. Out of the many times, i only went out with him 3x.

Why is it that i cant forget abt the past and move on? Why is the hatred and pain still there? It's making it so hard for me to know this new guy better.

I hope i am not talking nonsense here and would appreciate it if i can get any kind of advise.

Thanks.

Have solice in the fact that it happened before you 2 were married.

There is no key to moving on (believe me i'm going through nearly the exact same thing right now, she will be married shortly i'm sure) and you are guarded because you were hurt....

The key is time, and eventually you will open your heart again. You may not be ready and that IS okay. You are not malfunctioning or wierd or anything.

If you feel it's to soon, follow your heart... Remember the past for the good times, not the bad. Know that NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED you learned and you grew as a person.

Think of the past as a learning experience on how to love that special someone the way you should and how to know if they love you the same.

Tedel Guest
    Advice: Go out with him. Give yourself a second chance.

Don't think it, just do it.

It's only been 8 months. You're perfectly normal. Comfort yourself with the notion that they are completely miserable and trapped with each other while you (Thank God) escaped with your freedom and your sanity.

Then go out with this other guy, or go meet some new people. Life is short. Live it.
    There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.