+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BV, STD, or What?

BV, STD, or What?

For the last week or so, I had been experiencing some god-awful itching below the belt (advance warning; my keyboard is effed up so if I sound like a dumb ass while typing, it is because I am literally missing keys). I had chalked it up to a yeast infection and embarked upon a 3-day miconazole treatment.

Apparently this is not the case as it proceeded to get worse. Inflammation, itching, really...unusual...odor...

I have been flipping through some local clinics in the hopes I could find something cheapy, not sleazy but no dice so far. Planned Parenthood has some prices logged on their website, they may offer a sliding scale since I am near broke but I am uncertain. Will have to call. I have some money tied up in the bank (Dont use suntrust...ever...), so I will have to wait for it to clear anyway.

(below is purely ranting for ranting's sake....)
    I made the mistake of confronting boyfriend about it today just in case it was a STD- he flew off the handle a bit.
    I was entirely neutral about it (like, I ****ed around with webMD and got the usual bizarre tally of Diabeties, HPV, Bacterial Vaginosis, Trich...), and said "WebMD suggests..."
    launched the debate of "it didn't come from me,"
    Enter the fact his previous gf of 5 years cheated on him (she was his first and only...). And by cheated I mean 'made out with another guy at a party', and he believes her.
    He never got tested (despite there being fun STDs that men can carry, pass on, and never acknowledge symptoms for), accused me of cheating, or lying, or w/e, hurtful things were said, and now we're standing at "I am sorry, I freaked but I want us to get through it together."

I was last tested a year ago (and every year prior since I became active) and popped back clean. Granted, I can not prove my ex was entirely faithful and may have brought me some left overs that didn't resurface until months later... but I am so flustured I came on as "We didn't do the smart thing and get tested like I talked about BEFORE, we're both exposed."
    If it is an STD, there is really no way of telling where it came from.
    I don't think I shook him until I was like "Forget it lose my number." I don't think he was expecting me to say that, but I am prepared for a backlash if I do pop posi for something.
    (/ranting)

ANYWAY. So back to the long and short of it; it simply sounds more like BV, if anyone has experienced it PM me and give me some data. I have had the delicate harmony of my vag gone haywire, but not to this extent. Mostly, I'm looking for what to do for relief, and any suggestions on what I can do to ease my financial burden on this Vaginal Trauma. I know for my health and to avoid PID I should head somewhere ASAP, I just don't have a clue where to turn. And if anyone has any advice on how to tactfully break the news of a potential STD to someone, PLEASE FILL ME IN. I feel like I am in an achingly unfair position. I feel like I have handled it fairly, and got yo-yod around.

So thanks in advance (smilie)
    Give me something I can take,
    Can take to make the memories fade.
    Poison kiss, remember this,
    I never was meant for this day.

Lil, sounds like BV or gonorrhea. There are a lot of public health organizations, who will help you, get to one of the ASAP.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Could be this
    [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacterial_vaginosis"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacterial_vaginosis[/URL]

or candidal vulvovaginitis. But the first one is more accurate I think.It's not the end of the world. I had at some point similar problems caused by eating a looot of antibiotics and once I went to gynecologist, she gave me capsules (to put inside of vagina),some cream and pills and since then it's gone for good (and I still took a lot of antibiotics since then) . Unfortunately I don't remember the names of the meds,sorry :/
    I wazzzz here

My ex had a urinary tract infection one time, she had really bad itching and sometimes pain. For that, she drank lemon juice and took cranberry extract pills. It killed the bacteria in her bladder.
    Watch it happen to other people, and eventually watch it happen to you.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by fullorange View Post
    My ex had a urinary tract infection one time, she had really bad itching and sometimes pain. For that, she drank lemon juice and took cranberry extract pills. It killed the bacteria in her bladder.
    There is a 'small' difference between bladder infection and vaginal infection. by the vaginal infection it's itching like ****ing hell, at best You wish to cut Your pussy out. Bladder infection make this other kind of itching. It makes You feel like You wanna pee all the time and when You pee this pain makes You a pain-orgasm that You say 'Ooooohhhhhhhh' on the toilet.And well You don't leave toilet for few hours each time. She didn't say she needed to pee all the time so it must be vaginal infection. She needs real meds, not some juice wtf...
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    There is a 'small' difference between bladder infection and vaginal infection. by the vaginal infection it's itching like ****ing hell, at best You wish to cut Your pussy out. Bladder infection make this other kind of itching. It makes You feel like You wanna pee all the time and when You pee this pain makes You a pain-orgasm that You say 'Ooooohhhhhhhh' on the toilet.And well You don't leave toilet for few hours each time. She didn't say she needed to pee all the time so it must be vaginal infection. She needs real meds, not some juice wtf...
    LOL well, and in my experience, UTIs don't smell like this. I can never remember how bad they hurt til I get one again. And I rock back and fourth on the toilet because it HURTS. Like. There is no word for it.

I do however understand the want to cut the vag out. OMG yes. I do think I need antibiotics or something...but I can't go until my paycheck clears. HOPEFULLY tomorrow. Doc-in-the box + health insurance = no good.
    I hate having a vag sometimes, there is so much that can go wrong with it so easily.

That is because all women do not experience every symptom of a UTI. I am one of those women. I don't ever feel the itching, burning sensation when urinating, discharging or unusual odor. It bypasses for some odd reason. I end up feeling the symptoms of a Bladder Infection or Kidney Infection.

• the sharp abdominal pains when walking, moving and urinating.
    • cloudiness in the urine.
    • blood in the urine.
    • inflammation.
    • and the tender spots in the abdominal area.

I went to the emergency room Tuesday Night/Wednesday morning for this. Anyways I say all of that to say you might be going through the same thing... if not on your way to it. You might not be experiencing all the symptoms but you need to see a doctor quick and let them take a urine sample and some bloodwork. Also drink lots of water and cranberry juice.
    Last edited by CocoChanel; 14-12-09 at 04:13 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilly1185 View Post
    LOL well, and in my experience, UTIs don't smell like this. I can never remember how bad they hurt til I get one again. And I rock back and fourth on the toilet because it HURTS. Like. There is no word for it.

I do however understand the want to cut the vag out. OMG yes. I do think I need antibiotics or something...but I can't go until my paycheck clears. HOPEFULLY tomorrow. Doc-in-the box + health insurance = no good.
    I hate having a vag sometimes, there is so much that can go wrong with it so easily.
    Do You have some kind of bruises on Your vagina? Or a dry skin?
    Actually there is no sense to talk about it here... At best is to go to a doctor but since You need to wait... You could take natural yoghurt or at best fermented milk and put it on Your vagina like a cream. It's a natural acid so it neutralize the pH of vagina which changes when You have infection. It could help You till the time You visit a doctor.
    I wazzzz here

Why don't you go to the doctor?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Why don't you go to the doctor?
    Cause she has no money at the moment...

That's why it sucks in US. In Europe You can go to doctor whenever You need it.
    I wazzzz here

Hopefully that changes. Otherwise I might simply just expat and move to my girlfriend's country.

If it DOES change it may be for the worst I fear.

sounds like clostridial myonecrosis

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    sounds like clostridial myonecrosis
    I hope You're not going to become a doctor or something similar because it seems like You have no idea what You're talking about. Have You read what she said and what are the sympthoms of Clostridial Myonecrosis? It's ****ing gangrene for ****s sake.
    I wazzzz here

I wanted her to google it, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast