+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my ex-girlfriend in a rebound relationship?

Is my ex-girlfriend in a rebound relationship?

My ex-girlfriend and I dated for five months. Everything went absolutely amazingly in that time. We were getting along really well, never arguing and she even introduced me to her parents 4 months into the relationship. The sex was great, and although the frequency dropped a bit, the intimacy never did.

In the last week of our relationship she was telling me she thought I was perfect and how much she loved me and couldn't wait to see me again, then a couple of days later she stopped contacting me and cancelled our plans for the weekend we had planned together. Then the next day she dumped me via text message.

After that I went totally no contact for three weeks.

I was looking through my instagram last night, and I noticed a photo a guy posted of the shelving above her bed taken from a lying down position that was posted a week ago. Surely enough, when I went to check her facebook she'd changed her status to In a Relationship with this guy. The weird thing is he looks sort of like me and has the same interests and even dress sense.

My question is this: Does it seem like she's in a rebound relationship with this guy after jumping into a relationship 2 weeks after we broke up? I'd love to read your comments and opinions.

Why do you care? You should delete and block her from facebook, instagram and whatever else, so that you don't have to see anything about her anymore. She's gone, you need to accept it and to focus on yourself. What she does and why she does it is no longer your concern. Let it go and you will feel better. I know it's tough but you will come out of this stronger than before.

I'm sorry you're hurting.

Whether or not it's a rebound really isn't the issue. The issue is how to make yourself stop hurting. You said that you went no contact, but it would seem that you only went half way with that. No contact isn't just about text and phone - you also need to stop seeing her (and him) through social media. Time to unfriend and unfollow
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Sounds like she was probably already into him before she broke up with you.

I'd mentally say to myself "**** this" and then just go live my life. You should do the same. Stalking exs on social media sites never did anybody any good..

Quote Originally Posted by "X_Y_Z" View Post
    I was looking through my instagram last night, and I noticed a photo a guy posted of the shelving above her bed taken from a lying down position that was posted a week ago. Surely enough, when I went to check her facebook she'd changed her status to In a Relationship with this guy. The weird thing is he looks sort of like me and has the same interests and even dress sense.
    First of all, I'm sorry to hear that you're hurting.. I know how hard it can be when the end of a relationship blindsides you. :S

But if my memory serves me correctly, unless you're following the person that posts the photograph, you can't view things that friends of your friends post unless you look through the following feed and your friend liked a post by the other friend... So, unless it was her post and not his, I think your behavior suggests you're torturing yourself... And I don't think that's healthy at all. :S I would suggest giving up, OP. Remember this; she has another man. If she wanted you, she'd be with you.

Not to mention, I don't think it's healthy for you to hold onto the "what if's" like this... That being said, it really shouldn't matter to you whether or not she has another guy. The fact of the matter is, when push comes to shove, you aren't her boyfriend anymore. I know it hurts...I know it's one of the most horrible feelings on this Earth. :S But it's true, and right now, you need to focus on you. Take some time to yourself to confront the feelings and evaluate what went wrong. Because only then will you be able to learn from this experience and apply it to the future- knowing what you want and what you don't want as far as a relationship and how to improve to have a healthier relationship. :S

I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but I think it's what you need to... :S
    I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    First of all, I'm sorry to hear that you're hurting.. I know how hard it can be when the end of a relationship blindsides you. :S

But if my memory serves me correctly, unless you're following the person that posts the photograph, you can't view things that friends of your friends post unless you look through the following feed and your friend liked a post by the other friend... So, unless it was her post and not his, I think your behavior suggests you're torturing yourself... And I don't think that's healthy at all. :S I would suggest giving up, OP. Remember this; she has another man. If she wanted you, she'd be with you.

Not to mention, I don't think it's healthy for you to hold onto the "what if's" like this... That being said, it really shouldn't matter to you whether or not she has another guy. The fact of the matter is, when push comes to shove, you aren't her boyfriend anymore. I know it hurts...I know it's one of the most horrible feelings on this Earth. :S But it's true, and right now, you need to focus on you. Take some time to yourself to confront the feelings and evaluate what went wrong. Because only then will you be able to learn from this experience and apply it to the future- knowing what you want and what you don't want as far as a relationship and how to improve to have a healthier relationship. :S

I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but I think it's what you need to... :S
    I'm sorry.
    You're 100% correct. I've been going down the path of asking myself what I did wrong to cause this and obsessing over her reasoning behind it. The truth is that she's done this to guys before so I was naive to think that things would be different with me.

Anyway, I've just deleted her number and blocked her on Facebook and deleted all our pictures. It's time to pick myself up off the floor (figuratively, not literally haha) and move on. Thanks for helping me see the light and greeting from Ireland!

Best of luck, OP. Truly, I hope all works out for you.
    If you'd like, feel free to visit us again sometime.

I'd say it's a good solid maybe. Does it really matter?

Frankly, it sounds like she probably dumped you for him. I know that doesn't make things easier, but does make it less likely she's in a 'rebound' relationship. Sounds more like a 'jumps from relationship to relationship' kind of person.

Really, think about it - after only four months she introduced you to her parents? Telling you she loves you? Way too fast.