+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My dumb drunken mistake hurt my boyfriend

My dumb drunken mistake hurt my boyfriend

On Saturday night it was my boyfriends work Christmas party and I got way too drunk. I ended up running away at the end of the night and his entire workplace had to go out and try and find me, eventually the bosses wife found me and I told everyone that my boyfriend is not the one and I don't want to be with him. I don't feel that way at all, I feel I'm not good enough for him.
    We haven't spoken much since that night, I know I hurt him and I need to make it up to him. I don't know what he's going through.
    I fear it's too late now because I made a huge scene in front of everyone at his work and now it's just awkward.
    I don't know what to do and I'm scared and upset at myself for hurting him and I want to take it all back.

Hello

I would encourage you to tell him what you just said i.e. “I don't feel that way at all, I feel I'm not good enough for him.” Sometimes the fear of failure causes us to do things that sabotage a good thing which seems ‘too good to be true’ to us [though it is true]. I have been there. I once left a party ten minutes into it, simply because I didn’t feel like I belonged; though my friend had expressed his desire to have me there. Please try expressing your apologies to your boyfriend; he might be more receptive than you think. You might have to give him a little time; but don’t give up, you are worth the best.