+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surviving Lost

Surviving Lost

I'm curious how did you "survive" (lack of a better word) when your girlfrined/boyfriend left you? How did you handle it?
    Did you drink yourself to death?
    DId you sleep alot?

What did you do.

Hypothetically if your current lover left you tomorow can you handle it. Could you survive?
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post

Hypothetically if your current lover left you tomorow can you handle it. Could you survive?

Of course. What choice would you have?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I broke contact with her. It helped a little.
    I stopped eating and couldn't sleep, which didn't help.

But you have to survive, it's life

survive, or go to pieces, I guess

I've never had to endure a breakup, but I'd definitely be very sad and down for a while.
    sooo.. what reason do you have to make us all think of such a thing?

Yeah... it sucks I for one worked myself to death every hour I could keep my eyes open... filled my life with distractions for as long as I could handle it...

I entirely cut off contact and cut off any type of communication possible. It hurt and it was pretty hard at first, but luckily I had my friends and all of my work to keep me busy.
    <3

to be honest when it first happened, i couldnt sleep id stay up all night, not necissarily thinking about it just insomnia. i didnt want to dream.

what really helped me was my friends. I had lost them all during my relationship and when it was finally over they were all there for me with open arms. I wouldnt give up my friends ever again. they will be there for you to talk to, cry to, and have fun with so you dont think about your old spouse.

you must be askin this for a reason. Have you and your gf or bf broken up?

How long did you date him or her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami09 View Post
    you must be askin this for a reason. Have you and your gf or bf broken up?

How long did you date him or her.
    Sort of. But I have abit of OCD (obsesive compulsive disorder) so all my emotions are highten several folds over. I dont have a whole lot of friends to support me. I wish I had my friends. My anxiety just add fuel to the fire.

I dont think drinking to death is the answer. I dont want to become an alcoholic. Sleeping helps abit.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Hi Henri,

Im sorry for your loss. I can understand what you mean about having hightened sensitivity. I also have obsessive compulsive disorder and it can really ruin relationships and make the other people think you are some kind of freak (in my experience it has).

I find talking about breakups to friends and family helps, and talk and talk and talk until you have no more to say. I would even talk to myself, ive started a boxing class to take out the extra anger.

Because i have OCD i see a psychologist and they have to listen to me because i pay them! so maybe you could see about that? They tend to make things more clear.

The worst thing i did once was just stop looking after my appearance, and i can honestly say that is one of the worst things you can do. Because after a break up you need to feel good about yourself.

Stop saying "what was wrong with me" and start wondering "what was wrong with them".

Make sure you eat well and get plenty of sleep, avoid being alone and if you need to go out and get drunk one night then so be it, but dont drink to escape because alcohol is actually a depressant and will make things worse.

One more thing, things do happen for a reason and there is a bigger plan for you. Everyone deserves someone and wasting your love on someone who doesnt feel the same way is not right because you are worth being loved properly.

Good luck!

You have to survive, there's no other option in my opinion.
    But I admit in previous situations I have distanced myself from people, I got drunk a lot, I tried to sleep a lot - but that didn't work, I listened to a lot of music. Mostly I just felt horrible, but I had to keep on going, so I just kept breathing.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Depends on the breakup, but usually it involves writing a lot of really bad songs, watching a lot of movies and, of course, compulsive posting.

Rainbowsunsets sorry to hear about your OCD condition. I am seeing a therapist who has been helping me with cognitive therapy for my anxiety. The OCD is the biproduct of my anxiety.

I wish you sincerely good luck with your situation and love life.

Quote Originally Posted by Venacava View Post
    You have to survive, there's no other option in my opinion.
    But I admit in previous situations I have distanced myself from people, I got drunk a lot, I tried to sleep a lot - but that didn't work, I listened to a lot of music. Mostly I just felt horrible, but I had to keep on going, so I just kept breathing.
    I understand what your feeling. I was trying to sleep alot myself of late.
    I dont know if I would listen to music unless its heavy rock. Some songs just makes you feel worst.
    I was tempted to drink but I dont want to end up as an alcoholic if it gets too carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Depends on the breakup, but usually it involves writing a lot of really bad songs, watching a lot of movies and, of course, compulsive posting.
    I havnt thought about watching alot of movies. hymmmm That might be an ideal.

Yeah you got me with the compulsive posting part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast