+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend acting wierd around me

Girlfriend acting wierd around me

Sorry this is so long, but i felt like the whole story was neccesary to understand whats going on.

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for only a month and a half now. We started datin on February 24th. Which was maybe even a little soon since we only really started talking about two weeks before that. But we connected really well and she seemed perfect.

The first three weeks of our relationship were perfect. i was possibly the happiest i have ever been. I felt good all the time, i never worried about what she was doing and didnt feel like i had to see her all the time. There was just such a strong connection there. I have never gotten close to someone so fast. She made the comment one day that she felt like we had been together for a year. and i agree with her, it feels like i have known her forever.

Then on spring break after only dating about 3 weeks we went down to texas to visit a friend of mine. It started off bad, i drove and she didnt like the way i drover her car and we were a little pissy with eachother the end of the road trip. But not a big deal right? I apologized and everything was good, then lots of things went wrong in texas. We were supposed to stay in my friends apartment in the living room sleeping on an air matress. Well turns out he forgot to mention that someone was living on his couch (a highschool buddy looking for a place). so the first night we had to sleep on a air matress next to his bed, and she was mad cause we couldnt have sex. For the rest of the week we stayed at my friends moms house in her spare bedroom, which was only down the street from my friends apartment. We had good days, and bad days. But half the time i felt like she just didnt want to be around me. especially in the mornings.

the last day was the worst we were both frustrated with eachother. On the way back home we talked the Whole way home and when we got home everything seemed like it was the way it had always been before. She seemed happy and she was kissing me romantically again and smiling all the time. that night when we got home we were talking and she told me she just felt aggrivated at me all week but didnt know what i did to deserve it. she also told me that if things hadn't got better she would have probably dumped me when we got back home. that kinda hurt my feelings but i kept it in. But it seemed everything was back to normal. This lasted for only two days and then she seemed a little distant for 2 days following that. The next day was our one month aniversery and i bought her flowers and a card and took her out to dinner.

She loved it and everything seemed Prefect all evening and the next day as well. That was wednesday and thursday after spring break the 24th and 25th. Then thursday i went over to her dorm room after she got off work and she weemed happy when i picked her up. But then after a while, she seemed like something was wrong. So i asked her. turns out she started her period that day and didnt feel good. so that evening was akward but i blew it off.

Then friday night everything was ... ok..

there was just some tension and distance between us it felt like. She didnt smile really and didnt Kiss me kiss me if you know what i mean. so i thought well its just her period still and blew it off. That night we went back to her place and we watched a movie and everything seemed fine. Just still different. And so i kinda brought it up at the end of the evening. I told her i noticed how she would not kiss me passionatly anymore. And how when i was around her i felt like there was a wall between us and i couldnt tell what happened. I asked if she was still happy with me.

her response was Yes she was still happy and asked if i was. And i told her yes, but just that i was worried about her. She also got very aggrivated with me for brining it up. she told me how i was just focusing on the bad things and that if i kept doing that i was going to eventually make things bad. so i backed off and worried aobut it, could barely get a wink of sleep that night. i was expecting her to comfort me and tell me everything was fine.

So the next morning we text messaged a little bit but i tried to let her be, her plans were to hang out with her friend that night. which is unlike her, ever since we have been dating all she wants to do is be around me. i know its we don't ahve to hang out every day but it just added to it. I didnt care but when stuff seemed like it was getting rough she didnt wanna be around me.

well later that day i found out she wasnt really going with her friend anymore. her friend cancelled so i asked if she wanted me to come over and hang out with her. her response was... well... idk.. you can if you want. so this added to the frustration. so i was like well if you don't want me to i wont. And she convinced me to come kinda. saying no its okay come over. so i did and everything was okay. she seemed distant. but after a couple hours it was frustrating me and she could tell so she cuddled with me on her own. But she didnt seem happy being around me all evening. everything was so different than usual. Evean worst that earlier that week.

So Finally sunday she came over and brough these chocolate chip muffins she baked. I Started by knocking them onto the floor on accident. tha made her mad i could tell. But i appoligized and she said it was okay not a big deal. But i oculd tell she was mad. All night we barely spoke and she wouldnt touch me.

My first thought was maybe her period still has something to do with it. But She told me she started her birth control again that day. So i asked her if she was okay later. and she said fine, i am sure she could see by my expression i was hurting. I told her i just wanted to make sure she was okay and that i was worried about her. She left and gave me a kiss and hug. so at the same time im worring about how bad things are she does something small like that to give me hope.

So monday (yesterday) i gave her space. i text her in the morning and just said good morning. her response was good morning with a smily face. This made me feel better. But i was deteremined to let her be and give her space hoping it would pass. she text me several times that day on her own so i was feeling pretty good about it. She was going to go to the gym when she got off work last night. Well i hung out with an old buddie all day and she called the minute she got off work and seemed happy and said what are you doing. i told her i was still with mike and she seemed dissapointed. So she said well i wasnt going to the gym cause they were packed but im going to try the other one.

So once we got off the phone i asked if she called cause sehe wanted to hang out and she said yes. So she told me she would call me back after she left the gym. She did and invited me over and everything seemed fine. She kissed me on her own for the first time since the following wednesday and wanted to cuddle all evening. So i thought good we are back to normal. Then today i let her text me again and we went to lunch together. again she seemed distant and not happy. BUT , Not as distant as before.

What should i do? Just continue backing off. Should i worry or not worry. What should i expect what should i think. Im not as worried now as i was.

And what does it mean that she has acted like this?

I know we havent been together long but i feel closer to her than any other girl ive ever been with. The feelings i have for her are ones i have not felt for anyone before. I jsut want us to go back being happy again.

Wow, this is a lot of information for having been together for only just over a month. Right now you need to ask yourself why on earth are you putting up with so much pain so EARLY in a relationship. She got mad at you because you accidentally knocked over some muffins... this sounds so much like my first relationship that you truly do need to look at what you want out of this. I learned the hard way, and you don't need too. You may feel connected with this girl, but honestly it seems she has a lot of frustration over very little things. I hate to say it, but you need to grow a pair man. You don't need to put up with that stuff. No offense to girls, but being on your period is NO excuse. See I have an awesome fiance now, and sure sometimes she doesn't feel well during her period, and I'm extra sweet or gentle during that week, but at no point does she take out the WORLD on me! Very few girls do actually. And she got mad at YOU because the two of you couldn't have sex? You can't wait one night? OR a weekend? What about just talking, spending time together, etc. In all honesty, for only being together for just over a month, this sounds like a lot of work. And to tell you the truth? It's not going to change. She's like this now, she's going to be like this for a while. My advice is STOP asking her what's wrong every few seconds, stop checking how she is and just BE YOURSELF. If she accepts you for being just your regular self then awesome, if you feel so stressed like you have to be walking on egg shells when your around her, good luck on having a normal life buddy. Hope I helped.

This seems to be just like my previous relationship

If I were you, I would give her space

Women are very weird and hard to understand... thats all I can tell you
    Relationships are never a threat, cause I'll Erase the history and act like we never met

--Joe Budden

You need to give her space and let her have a chance to miss you.

You have done a lot for someone who is only a month in to a relationship. The reason she has not seemed so excited recently is because you have not given her any space or a chance to miss you. It is important that you do this, especially early in to a relationship.

You are worrying to much and this is what is making things worse, focus on the positives over the negatives and calm down. Dating is meant to be fun and at the moment you have lost this.

At this stage in a relationship seeing each other once or twice a week and one message or call every few days or every other day is plenty.

If you do this and give her the space im sure that all will be fine.

jadelil you actually make me feel better about it, while we will still see eachother more than once a week im giong to try this and ill let you know how it goes

Sounds like a case of too much too soon. You did everything too quickly in the short period you have been together. I understand if she is having a hard time adjusting.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Sounds like a case of too much too soon. You did everything too quickly in the short period you have been together. I understand if she is having a hard time adjusting.
    Agreed.

I think it's time for both of you to take a step back. It could be a case of spending too much time together and having too high of expectations.. or it could be that since you guys didn't really know each other when you started dating, she's starting to discover now that she knows you better that this isn't the situation for her. It's happened to me.

THursday night i talked to her about what was going on. I told her how i felt about her and why i was worring all week. That if i was acting strangly to her that was why. i tired asking her what was happeneing, she said she didnt know.

She just told me it was different around me. And i asked how and she said she didnt know. So i asked if she still liked me? her response was yes. I asked if She still wanted to be with me and she said yes. i asked if she had been considering dumping me or wanted to and she said no. She said everything was fine, it was just different being around me. and she didtn know why.

She did mention that it seemed like we always ahd to be together, but before she got like this, she was the one that ALWAYS had to be with me. its okay i loved it.

So last night (Friday night) we didnt hang out. I made up an excuse and hung out with a buddie for a while then called it a night early.

I am guessing she assumed i was at home and she called me alter and i was at the HOooka bar with my bud. So i told her that i met mike up here and ill call her when i leavve. She seemed anooyed and said ok.

So i called her when i left and she was on the verge of sleep. and we talked about a minute and i said okay ill let you go so you can get some sleep. and she said okay ill talk to you tomorrow. if she said bye i missed it and she hung up.

??? makes me think she is mad. I made plans with her tonight to take her to dinner and then to mini golf, we will see how that goes.

But this morning i didnt text her all morning, it is the first time we havnt talked before noon sincen we have been dating.

i finaly gave in and text her, and she text me back but..

idk.. i am nervous, and i don't know why. i have never been like this before.

Again-- all of this and it's only been a month?

Honestly, she knows what's different and she knows why she feels different. It's not that difficult of a question to answer.

If her behavior continues.. I'd bail out. You're a month in and having the same issues a couple a year down the line might have. It might feel like you've been together "forever," but realistically it's still only been a month.

Unless she starts opening up and being honest about her feelings and why she acts the way she does, it's pretty much a lost cause.

well.. last night we hung out after not seein eachother for a few days. Her texts improved so i was hoping it was working. But she was being he same old self. distant doesnt wanna be touched. I am so sick of this shit

She ended up fallin asleep and i looked through her phone. Turns out she text her ex all day yesterday. And talkd to him on the phone twice. So i got pissed and left.

i dont know what to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhizzzosh View Post
    well.. last night we hung out after not seein eachother for a few days. Her texts improved so i was hoping it was working. But she was being he same old self. distant doesnt wanna be touched. I am so sick of this shit

She ended up fallin asleep and i looked through her phone. Turns out she text her ex all day yesterday. And talkd to him on the phone twice. So i got pissed and left.

i dont know what to do now.
    You end it?

Seriously, putting aside you looking through her phone for a second-- you're having to work hard at a relationship that's only a month old. In order for you to continue this and be happy you'd have to ask her to do a completely overhaul on a relationship that's barely begun-- she'd have to change her attitude, change how she texts you, change how she acts when you're together etc. Realistically, this isn't going to happen. So.. why are you still in this relationship?

Ok, now bringing up the phone thing-- add your lack of trust and the invasion of her privacy into the mix and SERIOUSLY.. why are you sticking around?