+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why Is My Ex-Girlfriend Acting This Way (AIM Related)

Why Is My Ex-Girlfriend Acting This Way (AIM Related)

Hello all, it's my first time here and I had a question if you don't mind:

I had recently broke up with my girlfriend about 2 months ago, due to long-distance, after a year and a half of being together. She is 20 and I am 21. Apparently she just couldn't handle it and said she lost the sparks because I wasn't around her as much as I used to be (while we were dating, I would visit for a few days every few weeks as much as I could...but we were 8 hours apart). About a month and a half later, she became involved with a new guy who she seems to be happy with and is going to visit (we both so happen to live in NYC, except he still attends the same uni as her whereas I graduated this past May) him next week. I don't really expect to see her when she comes, but I haven't talked to her so who knows. I'm still not completely over it, as she was my first "real" love, and I have my days where I miss her alot. The breakup was not as clean at first but, since then, I have not really talked to her at all except for a text or two on Christmas and an AIM conversation a few weeks ago. I try my best to give her the space and not be overkill ex, as hard as it is sometimes.

But recently, my ex seems to block me for a few days/week on AIM and then unblock me. I don't really understand why, as I'm not talking to her online or sending her any messages, nor do I use any away messages that would symbolize the breakup, or her. Can you provide me some insight on this? Is she doing it on purpose because she wants me to say something to her? The most recent blockage happened this morning, after I had been unblocked for about a week. I kind of want to ask her why she's acting that way, but I don't really want to open up a can of worms. She has told me that she misses me and before the breakup was "official" that she still always wanted me in her life because I changed her life around and was so important to her...that she doesn't know what the future will hold for us in terms of maybe getting back together, but as of right now she doesn't want to date me (because I was long-distance, she started with a new guy, etc.) We don't talk on the phone at all anymore and I haven't seen her since the last time I went to visit her when we were still together. Do you think that she blocks me because she wants to talk to me and by blocking me it helps her not to?

Thank you all for your input!
    Last edited by xarcadiax; 29-12-09 at 07:29 AM.

Do you think that she blocks me because she wants to talk to me and by blocking me it helps her not to?
    That's a possibility. Or the mere glance at your screen name being displayed on her list could upset her to a certain extent. Try not to obsess over it.

She's just confused. Sometimes she thinks she should talk to you and it's cool to be in touch and at other times, she thinks the opposite. Don't talk to her, simple as that.

Yea, I'm definitely not obsessed over it. Like I said, I'm trying to not talk to her to make myself feel better too. I just think it's weird that she's doing it recently and not since we broke up. Idk, since I haven't really been talking to her anyway I just found it weird that she would do that. I do want to talk to her and see her though

anyone else agree/disagree?
    Last edited by xarcadiax; 29-12-09 at 09:07 AM.