+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it about human behavior and sorrow??

What is it about human behavior and sorrow??

What is it about human behavior that makes people enjoy sorrow, illness and death?

I’ve seen it many times at funerals…this obvious glow on the significant other and some of the sons and daughters involved. They ‘act’ sad at the death of the person but…. is it happiness at the sudden drama in their lives? Interacting with tons of people all of a sudden giving them exclusive attention because of their loss?

Are people that desperate for attention?

Its like people who constantly say they are sick…are they enjoying the attention from it all? I know there are extreme cases of this and it can be a serious condition….but I reckon there must be milder versions of this in every single person…..its whether you choose to tap into that.

Is this what the pharma industry takes advantage of….people who want to be sick? Because for the sick person it finally it proves that what they have been saying all along to people is ‘true’ ………and all the people who didn’t believe them SHOULD be ashamed of themselves…..

Lipp made a very good comment about someone’s surroundings could have a huge impact on their health, being close to natural light verses a brick wall. The mind is very powerful. I think instinctively we all know natural light is better, not living in a big loud smoggy city is better and many more examples…..of course not everyone can change their surroundings….but wollowing in sorrow definitely won’t inspire opportunities for change especially if someone is enjoying the sorrow.

Sometimes yes playing the martyr...it is about manipulation….but I don’t think that manipulation is possible for all humans. Like I said every human feels sorry for themselves many different times throughout their lives but some take it to another unnecessary level….where it become an illness……

Now some experts are saying sometimes its genetic and lack of something in the brain….i somehow have reservations about that because I find I personally have the ability to go into a depression if I choose to…so does everyone I know in-fact…..that can’t be a coincidence (we call it fed up but it is wallowing in self pity….it depends how long you allow yourself to do it for) …but I get a moment of clarity…or a person close to me wakes from that progression….is society breakdown to blame for the sudden huge rise in illnesses?…..

I do think a healthy diet can play a part. I remember years ago when I didn’t eat healthy, constantly smoking…drinking…eating junk food that my mood was depressive at times and very sorrow filled many times compared to now……but I’m not completely sure it’s the answer as to why people ‘enjoy’ this sorrow.

Even simple minded people enjoy this kind of behavior.

This is not about the pharma industry…….. its about the human need for attention at any cost…….

Can people ‘will’ themselves sick? And why do they ‘enjoy’ feeling bad? Is it as simple as attention?

Or the power to tell people ‘I told you so’ I’m smart, you’re dumb….my instincts told me….etc etc ….now comes the sucking up and attention……???
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 28-09-08 at 08:11 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I started reading that but I was overcome with irritation by your eccentric "punctuation". Sentences need only be finished with one period. Period.

Your current approach means people have a mental pause of a few seconds between each sentence which.... makes.... your.... thoughts.... seem.... dijointed
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Eco really likes her ellipses doesn't she? In her defense, her typing's improved tremendously since she's come to LF. She used to abbreviate words alot more. I have a much easier time with her posts now.

I'm just trying to figure out which portion of her post to respond to because there seems to be a myriad of random topics in there.
    Last edited by starbuck; 28-09-08 at 08:51 PM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's another One Moron. This too shall pass.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

That style of writing reminds me of GrkScorp.

And I agree with Starbuck - I'm not sure which portion of that post to respond to.

i guess you lot can't answer the question....its pretty clear what i'm asking....and you're all so educated you can't decipher what i'm saying/asking? now that's funny
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's not your inability to express yourself with any clarity. No, it's not that.

well charlie i'm not surprised that you of all people especially find it difficult to rub a few brain cells together. I am writing in english....i guess it's not 'your' first language....

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eco, its incredibly funny that you are poking fun at other's intellect when you are so obviously lacking yourself.

For someone who claims to be so interested in 'solutions', you seem to be creating more than your share of problems. Its like you want to make this forum unpleasant for people, I wonder why?

If this is not what you want, I suggest you consider ways to become part of the solution instead of the problem, which is where you are currently sitting.

Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yes you're writing in English, but your posts are a mish-mash of half-formed ideas and poorly expressed sentiments. Your first post in this thread is a perfect example. I mean what the f-ck are you talking about?? It's like listening to the ravings of a dementia patient. You just jump from idea to idea without making it clear how one relates to the other. That's why nobdoy takes on board whatever it is you're saying.

To give your posts some level of coherence I suggest trying to express one idea per post.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just read the second to last line.

She seems to have a central question, she just has a tendency to hide it.

Didn't any of you ever take reading comprehension? They always had those tests where there were several paragraphs, to read, and a few questions at the end. You'd be timed, so it was about teaching you to read the question first, then skimming through looking for keywords to find the answer.

I always loved those tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Just read the second to last line.

She seems to have a central question, she just has a tendency to hide it.

Didn't any of you ever take reading comprehension? They always had those tests where there were several paragraphs, to read, and a few questions at the end. You'd be timed, so it was about teaching you to read the question first, then skimming through looking for keywords to find the answer.

I always loved those tests.

classic frasbee...thats exactly it, i give my point of view and then ask does anyone else agree. I'm glad there are some intelligent people here.

The circular sky under the bridge fell into the bowl of yellow jello. If the monkey found the wrench under the pool then the bench will glow with a purple hue. Likewise, elephant ears make candy corn pumpkin patches awesome. If you reach for the urine of the football, the orange banana will smile.

I wrote in English too but it doesn't mean it was coherent.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    well charlie i'm not surprised that you of all people especially find it difficult to rub a few brain cells together. I am writing in english....i guess it's not 'your' first language....
    Why should I exercise my brain to decipher your message when you can't be bothered to exercise your own brain and write it properly to begin with?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

ok its too difficult for you lot...thats fine...makes sense.

i think grk has a good way of expressing himself.... if people would make the effort to read what he has to say they would find he's very interesting, but i guess its too much effort....or you're hiding the fact you don't have the intellect to understand.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast