+ Follow This Topic

Thread: rocky re/ship and a new friend

rocky re/ship and a new friend

I'm 24 and my ex bf is 28. It has been a "on & off" re/ship (two years plus).

We both are strong headed people and often fought; but usually he'd always dump me over any petty issues. It all started from the day he got an amazing job. High pay and this particular work involved dealing with models. So, okay I was fine with it at first. However, things got a lil rough due to my jealousy (this I have to work on it, sorry) and since then, he just had this habit of ditching me. It's like an unhealthy, psycho games he played on me. Whenever I got dumped, I'd beg and you know, do whatever that pleased him. I was vulnerable and weak, and he was the dominant player in the re/ship. He looked highly on himself, and there were few times he would tell me things like, he could get any girls he wanted (due to his job and fame). So I succumbed.

Recently, he lost his job and even some friends.. consequently, treated me like a QUEEN. I felt a lil repulsed at first but during these times, I thought I wanted to be there for him and to love him no matter what.

A week ago, we got into a fight again. Things got worse, so I ended it up... I managed to get out from the re/ship without having to beg or to keep coming back to him. I feel.. free. But at the same time.. I feel so bad. I left him at this moment.

Not long after that, a friend came into my life and cheered me up. He has always been there for me, (the times I got dumped over and over again) and he's such a great pal. I told him I need some time and I still love my ex so much..so it isn't the right time for me to jump into a re/ship again. By the way, he is 3 years younger than me..and it's funny how I like him so much too cause okay apparently, I don't date younger guys but he's just.. different. Or maybe it's infatuation, I don't know.

My ex is looking for me, begging me to come back to him. He cried on the phone and told me he's really sorry for what happened before. He's asking for a chance now. I gave myself a week though, I hung out with friends, parties and just any outdoor activities that keep my mind busy... he himself too but, it's just so hard to let each other go.

I love my ex badly, and I know.. it's not okay (my family and friends dislike him). And then there's this guy. He makes me laugh all the time and I'm extremely happy being with him. What should I do? Should I give my ex a chance? I don't wanna hurt this friend too..

You are just not seeing the reality of this...you don't get along, things are crap, you keep breaking up......sometimes things are meant not to be and you can't have a relationship survive on love alone. Know when to say "this is not working out"....time to move on.