+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Copyright protection on the net

anachronistic Guest

Copyright protection on the net

I've been working studiously on several works. Topics range everywhere from photoshop tutorials, drawing methods, Learning German, Learning English (for Germans), web designing, programming basics, product reviews, poems, short stories...

The thing is, I am afraid to post them on my website. Yes, I have an actual website. If I just put the text on the website, people could rip it. But now I have grown hair on my peaches, and I've decided it's going up on the site. To what extent can I go to protect my works?

How can I have proof of ownership? Should I keep rough drafts and notes for proof?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Forget it LW. I have written hundreds of articles over the years & if you post them on the internet, consider it open source. Its too hard to police.

Now, the thing you CAN do is get credit for an article you wrote first. Either by submitting to a journal or newspaper (if applicable) or something like Associated Content. If you are planning on writing a lot, especially to establish yourself as an expert, I would suggest you get an account. Its free & will generate lots of links to your site:

[url]http://www.associatedcontent.com/[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh