+ Follow This Topic

Thread: in search of answers

in search of answers

Hi to all this may take a while,
    i met this amazing girl about 6 months ago and we seem to hit it of straight away ,i haven't been in any relationships so wasn't sure what was going on , we spent some quality time together ,she said she really really likes me a lot and so glad she met me , ive spent a couple nights in her bed with no sex at her request as she said most guys expect it , and im a gentleman ,we were just hanging out and i would get a hug and kiss on cheek goodbye at first ,im a romantic person , so i wrote her a poem maybe cheese y maybe not but she loved it said thats the first poem she has ever received then she ran up and kissed me fully on the lips .we have had a couple of nice passionate kisses as well ,i brought her some flowers and she showed them of to her friend and said some gorgeous guy brought them for her while i was sitting there ,ive pretty much spent most of my life being shy but for some reason i have come out of my shell a lot ,but i am still a little unsure how to react ,when we are together she keeps saying im the man so i should take control and have everything organized which is all good if only i knew where we were going as a couple eg friends or more ,am i laying on to thick with flowers and poems i hope not i honestly have been searching for a girl like this my whole life .she once asked if i was nervous around her i said no trying to be tough ,she has recently broken up from a 5 year relationship and the guy is stalking her ,i know she doesn't want to be hurt again so how do i tell her that i would never do such a thing and make her believe that ,thanks to all that reply hopefully you may be able to help

You make her feel good and feel appreciated and give her attention, of course she's going to like that.

I think what she's trying to tell you when she says: 'you're the man so you should take control and have everything organized' is that she's insecure and unsure how to proceed, thus leaving the decissions up to you. I am not sure if this is a good sign. She should know what she wants and should be able to communicate that. So to me it sounds like she's afraid to make a decission.

The reason she says this could be because her recent breakup. Make sure you're not being used at this point in time. Her ex is stalking her. She'll have to explain her ex that it's over and set boundaries. So in all, it sounds like she isn't ready yet for a larger commitment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]