+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Here's to nice guys finishing first.

Here's to nice guys finishing first.

So I went on another date with the nicest guy I know last night. He kissed me and I felt... butterflies? Now the birds are singing and the morning looks really amazing from my point of view.

I must admit that advice from tons of you guys on not writing off the nice guys and kicking the jerk-offs to the curb helped a lot.. so thanks.

I'm not in love but I'm in serious like right now

I'm happy to hear this Laila. Enjoy that feeling of sparks flying with someone! It's the best.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Aren't all men 'nice' to start off with?

I've never deliberately or knowingly fallen for a guy who I knew to be, or was a 'jerk off' anyway.....they were 'nice' guys, or so I'd thought.

Some of them became 'jerks' further down the road, showed the 'true' colours I guess.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 09-04-10 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    So I went on another date with the nicest guy I know last night. He kissed me and I felt... butterflies? Now the birds are singing and the morning looks really amazing from my point of view.

I must admit that advice from tons of you guys on not writing off the nice guys and kicking the jerk-offs to the curb helped a lot.. so thanks.

I'm not in love but I'm in serious like right now
    Wow, total 360 in a short period Laila. From noticing things about you, being picky and all i thought you'd definitely keep going for guys who are more challenging.Just saying that from the pattern i saw..Having said that if you really are into this guy and he's that nice, that's great, i'm very happy for you.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

I think nice guys are challenging too, in a totally different way. In my experience, it was difficult to not always be "the good guy" in every instance. Dating someone super nice meant that my own problems became more apparent. It was really good for me.
    Spammer Spanker

I realized that I was being "picky" about all of the wrong things. I was going after the guys who looked like models and seemed confident. They had other problems (unemployment, living with their mothers, acting like manwhores) that I was ignoring.

This guy has a great educational background, great job, he's good-looking, and most importantly he acts like a true gentleman. He also acts like "the man" and makes me feel like "his girl" which is so very sexy.

I almost wrote him off in the beginning because he wasn't a "challenge" I'm glad I got rid of that stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    I realized that I was being "picky" about all of the wrong things. I was going after the guys who looked like models and seemed confident. They had other problems (unemployment, living with their mothers, acting like manwhores) that I was ignoring.

This guy has a great educational background, great job, he's good-looking, and most importantly he acts like a true gentleman. He also acts like "the man" and makes me feel like "his girl" which is so very sexy.

I almost wrote him off in the beginning because he wasn't a "challenge" I'm glad I got rid of that stupid idea.
    So basically you set your standards a lot higher and that weeded the losers, etc out......cool

If all women did the same, men would be different. For they only treat women, as women allow them too.