+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this considered cheating?

Is this considered cheating?

I recently went away for a week with a few mates, (all guys) and basicly think one of my close mates, that regularly talks to my girlfriend, and i think likes her, has told her that i cheated on her. The fact is, i didnt, and would never cheat on her, but i am just wondering how a girl might interprit a few of my actions.

There was one night when i was sitting in our hotel room, when my mate in question brings two girls into the room, that he met elsewhere in the hotel. We sat around and chatted, and i basically said that i had a girlfriend back home and that was that, nothing more, nothing less.

There was also another time, when my mate and i were eating out at a cafe, and a girl comes up to me and asks if she can have a picture taken with me, for what reason i dont know, maybe she wanted to pretend to her friends when she got home that she met someone?? Anyway, i said yes, we had a pic, and that was it, no more, no less.

There was also some dancing at some clubs, but with no one particular.

Does any of this seem out of line for someone who is in a serious relationship?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I dont think any of that is out of line.. Maybe not something to bring up to your girlfriend or it could raise suspicions, but no. That is not cheating.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Nah it's not cheating, BUT going on vacation with a bunch of single guys is kinda out of place tho when you are in a relationship. Your soul purpose there was to party and do things you wouldn't normally do at home, and so you may as well have been. It would have been different if it was a vacation to actually do something like hiking, or sailing. Anyways your friend is a douche, and I personally wouldn't consider him as a friend anymore if he feels he has to play a part in slitting you and yer gf up. Everyone is right, you need to discuss your relationship boundaries with your gf. Maybe you need to rethink about how important she is in your life. If you feel you still need some of the freedoms like your single friends have, maybe it's not the right time in your life to be in a committed relationship.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Unless there's something you're not telling us, I would just tell the same story to your girlfriend and let her decide.

This shouldn't really be a big deal, and the fact that your friend went behind your back instead of talking to you is the bigger issue.

Your other friends should be able to attest to your girlfriend as to what actually happened.

It is all about intention, what is your intention with the pic? dancing? girl in the hotel?

Absolutely not. You're fine.

Whomever this "friend" of yours may be....isn't a friend at all. He's breaking bro-code rule #2: Don't try to sleep with your friend's girlfriend.

Even if there is genuine friendship between you two, he's obviously using you as a conduit to get to your girl. I'd cut him from my life, immediately.

If he respected you at all, it wouldn't matter how attracted to your girlfriend he may be. Don't tolerate that nonsense. There are far better friends out there in the world.

Stand up, sit your girlfriend down, tell her the situation, and discontinue your "friendship" with that dude, right away. End this drama before it erupts into something it doesn't need to be.

"Pay no attention to what the critics say. A statue has never been erected in honor of a critic." -Jean Sibelius

A writer is always outnumbered by critics, like the Spartans were outnumbered at Thermopylae. If you train like you fight, and fight like you train...if you attack your own work as if you were your own worst enemy...your writing will silence each and every one of those pesky Persians.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not cheating BUT it could be bad IF the girl you took a pic with was hands all over you, and you had your hands arms wrapped all up on her. Or if when you're dancing you were full on grinding (you said no one in particular) but were you grinding at all even if for just a minute.

If neither of those were the case, it's fine. But again nothing to bring up to gf.

I also found out that while i was away, my girlfriend had her ex boyfriend over, watching a movie in her room??!! By the way, i,m 18, and she is 16, just incase anyone was wondering. The day after i got back, she asked me "so did you meet anyone while you were away? Its ok if you did, you are young and unbelievably good looking". What kind of girlfriend says that? What kind of girlfriend has her ex over, while her boyfriend is away, and watches a movie alone with him in her room?? Am i missing something here? Need Help!!

She is trying to make you jealous, and she is testing you....typical little girl games. Go out with someone your age or older....you may find a more suitable maturity level with that and less bull s hit