+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this considered cheating?

Is this considered cheating?

Hey guys,
    Long story short, I've been with my girlfriend for about 3 months and our relationship so far has been going great. Although there have been some bumps along the road, it was nothing that we couldn't resolve through communication. However a week ago, she went out drinking with her friends and got completely wasted. The day after, she confessed to me that she accidentally kissed another guy while she was drunk. She told me that she didn't even realize in the beginning and once she did, she immediately stopped and left.

After she told me all this, she pretty much broke down and told me how sorry she was and that she was too in love with me to let me go. Should I let this go and move on? Or should I forgive and forget? Thanks

I would forgive, but not forget.

Ask her to not go go out drinking with her buddies again... if she does, and she gets drunk and kisses another guy, it's time to move on.

Hmmm it's not so "great" if there have been bumps in the road, she sucked face with another guy and only been together for 3 months. Get out while you can.

- - - Updated - - -

You shouldn't have to struggle with issues this early in the relationship.

Well, I think it's obvious that whenever she goes out drinking with her friends, you're not going to be able to trust her. If you agree with that, then just break up now and avoid all the drama and upset. If you know that you can forgive her and be able to let it go and not go through jealousy and suspicion when she's with her friends then stay with her.

To stay and punish one another ad nauseam because you can't trust her is just a huge waste of your emotional health.

BTW: If you do stay you best make it clear that if anything remotely the same happens again (even if she drinks to excess and can't control her actions in any way [not just kissing other guys]) that you'll bounce because obviously drinking to excess is a problem in itself never mind that she claims to not be responsible for her own actions while drunk. "Accidently kissed a guy" pffft.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 06-03-14 at 06:11 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

The fact she told you straight away says alot, if you love her try to move on.. But you won't be able to forget

I'm new to this and don't know how to start a new thread?

Can I ask for advice on this one?

Look at the top of the damn page!