My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years. We've lived together for one year. We keep having arguments that deal with myself "not listening", when I DO listen; I just understand what he's saying differently. So after another argument, recently, I wanted to talk about us; I wanted to talk about how I don't like how he reacts. And it was as if he didn't want to fight for me anymore. I was crying; I said that I don't know what we can do, to better the relationship. He is who he is; sometimes, I wonder if he thinks I am stupid. The problem we have is that he's smart in certain areas, where I couldn't give a damn. I'm too easy-going, for his nature. He's very impatient and would never be able to teach.

He answers: Fine. He walks away; he stops, when I say, "What? You don't even want to fight for me?" That's when he says, in his own words, that he's tired; it's hurts too much for him to hear that I think he doesn't care; that I think he means to emotionally hurt me. His voice, his anger, when I do something wrong is outrageous. I don't think he tries to hurt me - he just DOES. With how he expresses himself, he might as well say, "I can't believe your stupidity."

So we end up hugging it out, both apologizing to each other, after I express that I don't think he tries to hurt me. It is like this guy has an OC disorder, when it comes to how he wants himself and I to live. I don't mean he's keeping me from seeing my friends, but he gets angry about a sponge in the sink. It's not a bad habit of mine anymore, but he always picks out something. I want a man to "treat me right, when I am wrong" (a lyric from a song by Paul McCartney). I sure do let things slide, if he does anything wrong. I know he isn't perfect. Neither am I.

Is our relationship worth keeping?