+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ready to just give up on love

ready to just give up on love

Im so confused, and depressed lately.

I went through a horrible break up like six months ago, it was complete hell up until about a month ago, I started feeling better about it and ready to meet new people and move on with my life.

As for the meeting new people, it has been so difficult and frustrating and a lot of disappointment to say the least.

For example, I hung out with this girl on last wednesday, we had a great time, good conversation, and just an overall good first hang out. We made plans to hang out friday, she was supposed to call, and didnt, so I called her, she didnt even say anything about hanging out and we made plans to hang out tomorrow.

She doesnt have a cell phone, so I messaged her on myspace, just to let her know I want to take things slow, but im really interested in her, and excited to see her again. She just read the message and never wrote back....

SO, im just very confused. I really doubt she is goin call me tomorrow, and I just dont understand what I did wrong?? How will I ever move on and find a new girl when stuff like this happens. It makes me just want to give up on love completely.

Love takes work man, it aint easy. Take your time, date around, dont put all your eggs in one basket. In other words, dont get hung up on this ONE chick, keep looking, she might not wanna get that serious right now. Everybody is differnt, she might just be a big flak, who knows. There are tooo many fish in the sea bro. Pick yourself up, stop the pity party, and get out there on the scene. I understand you might be feeling her, but even though she may have lead you to believe she was eally feeling you, she might not be. Dont get stuck on that, keep it moving and at the same time dont burn any bridges, she might be going through some things too, she might have trust issues, ya never know.

You'll find someone when you aren't looking. Don't stress about it, just work on making yourself happy and do good things for youself. Surround yourself with good people, they sometimes tend to have good people single friends.

As for that other girl, hmm. Not sure. Maybe she wasn't that into you or maybe you shouldn't have told her you want to take it slowly. No need to disclose too much info right off the bat. Either way, she wasn't the right girl for you.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

You probably didn't do anything wrong, this is the nature of dating. Unfortunately it takes trial and error, and while it's easy and rather common to feel upset and place the blame on yourself, it is counterproductive. Don't let disappointment and frustration defeat you.
    Last edited by Spring Haze; 19-01-10 at 07:44 AM.