+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to know if this girl is for real?

How to know if this girl is for real?

I am a 35 year old male and have mild apergers. Having aspergers means that sometime I do not really understand if someone is really my friend or girlfriend or just using me. I like most people have been in and out of the dating game over the years and been out with some great girls and had lots of fun and also been out with a few girls that were wrong for me. I had been out of the dating game for a while then in the spring I met this girl and we dated for 3 months and that did not work out. She was the first girl I had ever really opened up to. Then last Thursday I met the most amazing girl who I really really like and I met her again yesterday evening and we told each other everything about each other and talked about all are faults and problems and she still says she likes me. I have never really opened up to a girl I liked before not even the last girl I went out with but it just felt the right thing to do. I do not really know her very well how can you really know someone having only met them twice. I would really really like to get to know her better and see if we will just end up being friends or maybe even be boyfriend and girlfriend or just end up going are separate ways. I think I have feeling for her and I am not yet 100% sure if she really has feelings for me or not. I know she likes me. I just do not want to get hurt again. Maybe it is just that I am to nice that I get hurt in love in the past. She is just so cool and so beautiful. I have never made a girl smile like that before. I have always dreamed of going out with a hairdresser which she is but never in my wildest dreams did I think I ever wood.
    Can someone give me a few tips to look out for to see if she really likes me?
    Last edited by jimtheman36; 09-11-11 at 04:03 PM.

Just because she likes you doesn't mean she likes you do date. She has to use the word "date" otherwise she's just a friend.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Just relax and enjoy your time with her. You don't have to worry if she likes you likes you for a while yet. If you have only seen her twice, it is too early to try to define the relationship.

With that said, just be cautious with sharing too much too soon with people. Some people might see that as too needy or too much baggage. Plus, you want to make sure that the person you are sharing things with is worthy of getting that information.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Cheers for the advice. She is quite busy at the moment so I don't think I will be seeing much of her at the moment.