+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i think i need constant contact

i think i need constant contact

i know i dont and i know that can be suffocating but i feel like i should see my gf every day or talk to her every day

i mean i understand i should talk to her everyday but theres some days where honestly i just dont have a lot to say. i feel bad though because i dont want her thinking i am losing interest in her

are there others here who have days where they just really have nothing to say so they dont really talk to their s.o.?

It's not necessary to talk every day. If you feel the need to do so, DO IT! But don't do it because you think you have to. If you communicate less you will have more to talk about than if you text her ten minutes after you leave her house. There isn't much to talk about when you just saw each other, unless something extremely interesting happens on your drive home. It can definitely be suffocating to feel like someone is eating up all of your time and . This was a big issue between me and my last girlfriend, where she wanted to hang out if I didn't have an obligation to family or work or school, where she could not attend. She wanted to be with me every single day, it didn't matter if there was something I wanted to do with my guy friends. Then there's a friend of mine who had the opposite problem. He was told by his girlfriend at the time that he was suffocating her. He wanted to text her or call her every day, and he wanted to be able to see her whenever they weren't working. He felt he should see her at least every friday and saturday because "couples hang out on the weekends". They broke up because he was smothering her. So it's just how you and your s.o. feel about it. Sometimes you have to talk about talking, and respect each other's feelings, it can be an important issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8whitebuffalo View Post
    It's not necessary to talk every day. If you feel the need to do so, DO IT! But don't do it because you think you have to. If you communicate less you will have more to talk about than if you text her ten minutes after you leave her house. There isn't much to talk about when you just saw each other, unless something extremely interesting happens on your drive home. It can definitely be suffocating to feel like someone is eating up all of your time and . This was a big issue between me and my last girlfriend, where she wanted to hang out if I didn't have an obligation to family or work or school, where she could not attend. She wanted to be with me every single day, it didn't matter if there was something I wanted to do with my guy friends. Then there's a friend of mine who had the opposite problem. He was told by his girlfriend at the time that he was suffocating her. He wanted to text her or call her every day, and he wanted to be able to see her whenever they weren't working. He felt he should see her at least every friday and saturday because "couples hang out on the weekends". They broke up because he was smothering her. So it's just how you and your s.o. feel about it. Sometimes you have to talk about talking, and respect each other's feelings, it can be an important issue.
    yea its tough because you want to spend time with then and see them but you know you cant suffocate them. i just feel if we go like all day without talking then maybe we are drifting apart

Just get married and/or move in with your girlfriend to relieve your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmark43 View Post
    i know i dont and i know that can be suffocating but i feel like i should see my gf every day or talk to her every day

i mean i understand i should talk to her everyday but theres some days where honestly i just dont have a lot to say. i feel bad though because i dont want her thinking i am losing interest in her

are there others here who have days where they just really have nothing to say so they dont really talk to their s.o.?
    Really depends on your relationship - your own personal needs AND your S/O's personal needs. Wife and I both like it the way you describe, so it works out for us. With other women in my past... not so much.

You need to talk to her about what you BOTH like in that regard and see if you can reach a compromise.

theres nothing wrong with spending a lot of time together or sending a few texts or making a quick phonecall when your not together. its important that you dont text when shes busy. if you know shes at work or in school or has plans with friends- just say give me a text when your done etc. or if she tells you last minute shes meeting jane for coffee-dont give her a hard time. shes allowed to have a life outside your relationship too. as long as you dont smother her when shes busy or expect her to send 100texts a day-you will be fine
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

gotta have space

Of course it's normal to not have something to say every day. You could just say "how's your day going" or "good night, I'm thinking of you" but you definetly already know u don't need constant contact