+ Follow This Topic
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: don't take drugs....they are bad for you

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    BTW try not to take offense to too much I'm saying right now as this is prelim season and I have a linear algebra and biochemistry prelim next week to prepare for while sick, so I'm in a slightly annoyed mood

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Oh my, you must be so busy preparing for those classes, because they are so difficult aren't they?
    Actually not too busy preparing for them, I'm just not very inclined to study for them at all. Starting is half the work

But they are at least classes lilwing

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not saying I'm intelligent, just more intelligent than you and that you are a dumbass. I've actually felt progressively dumber since I came here

It is hard to walk in an ace a math prelim when everyone else in the exam room got a 780 - 800 on their math portion of the SAT and 5 on all their AP math and science exams

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The math section of the SAT is out of 800 points dipshit, and scoring I believe a 770 puts you in the top 1%

Hahaah

Definitely lilwing.

You will have to post a photo of you holding up your ACT results with your name clearly visible along with your driver's license in order for me to believe that.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    thanks lesa, i'm not saying pharma are completely useless...i never did (for anyone who might think i did)

there are risks of course....there are risks with pharma pills too that are stated on the bottle of pills. yep there are side effects to both options, i'd rather go with nature first before i start eating pills with substances that are created from chemicals as well as herbs as you rightly pointed out.

I get my info from a herb doctor (who btw used to be a 'normal' doctor...so i trust him)....i think its the best option to go to someone with huge experience in both ends of the scale and educated in herbs. i prefer to do that from the fantastic results i've personally seen.

Nothing is fool proof at the end of the day but my instincts are telling me to go with the herbs first.

i'm not opposed to going with the unethical pharma industry if nothing happens with herbs (which hasn't happened yet) because i want to survive at the end of the day. I have a good feeling that i won't need to go to the pharma industry for help though
    This seems quite reasonable, Eco. FWIW, I also use a mix of pharma, herbs & natural (rest, diet & exercise) to keep my family healthy.

BTW, Lesa is correct. *ALL* pharma drugs have their roots in a natural product. Pharma's focus is on isolating active compounds. This is very limiting in some ways, as it ignores the potential for positive interactions b/t natural ingredients. Its also a lot harder to study & control for, which is why the whole herb industry is relatively behind.

But you are mistaken, Eco, if you think that natural herbs can't be packaged and advertised the same way pharma drugs are. They can, and are. Even more scary, is the fact that they aren't regulated by the FDA.

Look up ephedrine/ma-huang & weight loss, if you are curious. I believe the Baltimore Oriels pitcher Steve Belcher died from these a few years back.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Studied a paper a few weeks back that backed up the idea that patients with a window view facing a green garden required fewer as well as weaker painkilling drugs compared to those who's view was facing a solid brick wall.

Makes you wonder about the mind's influence on recovery, to find out whether its a matter of time and purely physical health that affects the rebuilding of cells and strength of the immune system, or whether the mental health has a solid impact on how the physical body performs.

And I guess this is where the notion of praying and religion might come in, say for example someone who genuinely believes that they will recover and remains optimistic might stand a better chance than someone who's more realistic and even cynical about it.
    Last edited by Lipp; 27-09-08 at 10:43 AM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I cannot abide the kind of people who desperately stress their intelligence and insist over and over again that they're too good for college.

Bull. Shit.

You can't hack it.

Oh, and if you're going to mock DM for his appearance at least have the balls to post a pic of yourself first. I don't know what I hate more, idiots or cowards. You somehow manage to fit the bill for both.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I think DM is cute. He looks just like the kind of boy a bad girl wants to corrupt.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Can that guy even bend his arms? How does he jack himself off? And if he can reach his penis, wouldn't he just rip it off by mistake?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I think DM is cute. He looks just like the kind of boy a bad girl wants to corrupt.
    Yep, DM is cute. You can really see that in his close up picture (eyes, lips, and skin) but he removed it .

However the gun was not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

Look up ephedrine/ma-huang & weight loss, if you are curious. I believe the Baltimore Oriels pitcher Steve Belcher died from these a few years back.

thats funny you should mention this herb because i use it, yes it is dangerous...very dangerous. People get get high from it like a real backstreet drug in china. If taken in the wrong dose. It was American companies that used too much of it in their weight loss products. I've actually used it to get rid of my hayfever that i used to suffer terribly (i was really miserable)for years and i used a very very tiny dose and it works!

btw none of the drugs recommended by my doctor thoughout the years ever truly worked the same way as ephedrine/ma-huang and infact the precription and over the counter drugs made me dizzy sometimes and mostly exhausted. I had days i couldn't step foot outside even with the drugs my doc told me to get. i'm glad i went the alternative route because i feel normal again.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 27-09-08 at 05:48 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

dopple....what happened your comment?
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 27-09-08 at 05:58 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The point, Eco, is that even non-pharma natural, herbal compounds can be very dangerous.

And they, unlike pharma drugs, are not regulated by the FDA.

thats funny you should mention this herb because i use it, yes it is dangerous...very dangerous.
    I'm glad you agree.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast