+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Camera Screen Is White

Camera Screen Is White

Hey guys. So I hope you guys know something about cameras. I've got a Samsung S73 digi cam and everytime I turn it on the screen is white. This has been going on for quite a while, but in the past, it'd be back to normal within some hours. Now, its been gone for like 4 days minimum. It can still take pictures and vids, but I wont be able to see what I am recording or taking a picture of unless I upload it on to the computer. Any idea whats the problem? I miss my camera.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Turn it off, pull the memory card, then give it (The bottom) a good smack on the table. Probably wouldn't hurt to put a book between camera and table.

Yes, I'm serious...

The ribbon cable for the display is loose and either you take it apart and perform surgery or try to get it to slip back into place via the above method. Or the display has gone flaky.
    Last edited by Lite; 21-01-09 at 09:16 AM.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

You dropped it didn't you.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Ladie is too hot for her own damn camera
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

It didnt work and the more I do it the more I think I'm destroying it.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

If it had gotten dropped, its cuz my daughter got a hold of it. She seems to have something against my technology. She destroyed my laptop. The screen is not coming on like at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    If it had gotten dropped, its cuz my daughter got a hold of it. She seems to have something against my technology. She destroyed my laptop. The screen is not coming on like at all.
    Ugh, will require repair trip then... or, surgery. :|

Were you local I'd offer to look at it, but I'm not local to you so...

K, thanks anyway Lite. Hopefully someone can help me out with this crap.