+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your city and/or state

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Your city and/or state

so i would like to know what is good where you live. what are you proud of? what is unique to your city or state? anything, and everything is welcome. even the really weird sexual acts of incest if you want to discuss about that. on the flip side, what is negative about your state?

ok i'll go first... i live in honolulu, hawaii and it's great here. for the most part, it's always either warm, hot, or very hot, BUT the scenery is really nice. where else can you have the mountains and the oceans literally a few miles apart?? the shitty thing though, is that i live on a freaking rock. to get to any other state or country, i'd have to literally fly. OR i can canoe by ass to california, but it'll probably take me a month.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I move to a different country about once a month with a friend.

^^ Vagrant bum.

the phoenix park. the biggest park in europe. i go there everyday, it's always buzzing with people.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 28-07-10 at 11:37 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I live in Chicago Illinois.

The good things about where I live are the museums, the parks, the deep dish pizza. There's always something to do, especially in the Spring/Summer months.

The down side is lately it seems like many parts of Chicago are becoming very violent. Crimes/deaths involving gangs & guns are becoming very scary.

Muncie, Indiana.

The Good-its a college town, Ball State University...proud graduate. Because its a college town there is always something going on. Plenty of bars to choose from with a show in each all weekend....pick your poison and there is something for you.

The Bad-Outside of campus and downtown its basically small neighborhoods of either ghetto or gatherings of white trash....its really pretty in the center of town though, campus and downtown look great...just don't veer off or you'll be raped and murdered.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Muncie, Indiana.

The Good-its a college town, Ball State University...proud graduate. Because its a college town there is always something going on. Plenty of bars to choose from with a show in each all weekend....pick your poison and there is something for you.

The Bad-Outside of campus and downtown its basically small neighborhoods of either ghetto or gatherings of white trash....its really pretty in the center of town though, campus and downtown look great...just don't veer off or you'll be raped and murdered.
    My step sons live in IN. The younger son has been thinking of going to Ball State University. I think he either visited it or will be very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hurt_confuzd View Post
    I move to a different country about once a month with a friend.
    You're just too embarrassed to talk about Texas.

I live in New Mexico, which is only the fifth worst state for children's health, according to a recent study. Hey! We're getting better!

In my opinion, everything good about this place is up high. We have wonderful mountains, deep blue skies, beautiful sunsets and big, white, fluffy clouds. Personally, I find the unrelenting sunshine a bit much, but most people love it. It also dumps snow here in the winter and we have excellent skiing.

My city is four hundred years old. This can make driving around confusing, since it's not exactly laid out in a grid, but I grew up here, so I know my way around.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Lovable View Post
    My step sons live in IN. The younger son has been thinking of going to Ball State University. I think he either visited it or will be very soon.
    I liked it. Its not huge but its not tiny either. So you kinda get the best of both experiences.

In terms of academics BSU is known for a few programs, nursing, teaching, architecture, and music are the best departments.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Born in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

My parents used to work for Raytheon and so they moved overseas for a while. My mother loved every minute of it. They used to go scuba diving in the Red Sea, and spent time on safari in Kenya. Jeddah is a port city, and the commercial hub of the country. Anthony Bourdain went to Jeddah in an episode

Raised just outside of Boston, MA for over 20 years.

Known for it's incredibly horrific drivers, clam chowder, and Dunkin Donuts on every corner. I spent most of my life so far living just North of Boston. We have a great local music scene which a lot of my friends frequent and play in. There is always some sort of festival or street fair going on in some vicinity of Massachusetts as well; seafood, beer, farmers' markets, worldwide cuisine, sports. We have some pretty badass sports teams (some will beg to differ). History is big here too. We have Minuteman National Park, Walden Pond, Plymouth Plantation, Sturbridge Village, etc.

Moved to San Diego, CA at age 23.

Had no idea what I'd find upon moving out here. I love the local music scene and I love the food. There is a huge mix of Mexican, Vietnamese, Thai, Filipino, and American tastes here. Much more laid back than the East coast, but sometimes too laid back. Earthquakes every now and then. Sucky economy with lots of lay offs and budget cuts.
    Last edited by lahnnabell; 31-07-10 at 01:47 AM.

St Paul, Minnesota.

Eh, we have 10,000 lakes as they say. It is quite pretty. Lake Superior is bomb. You don't feel like you're in Minnesota, it almost feels like an ocean somedays. We have a lot of cool state and city parks. There is a ton to do and we have the 4 seasons which I bitch about but its a nice break and gives me things to look forward to. I'd say the naturey things are best. You'd never think of Minnesota as being culturally diverse but in St Paul/Minneapolis it really kind of is. We have a ton of fun Hmong restaurants in St Paul. Where my parents live there is a huge Amish community and where I grew up there are a ton of Scandinvians so there is always some sort of fest or celebration to take part in. We are big on food too and its seems like everything you'd ever want is available from lutefisk to deep fried Snickers.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Born in and live in Co Durham, England.

Lavish in history and known as 'the Land of the Prince Bishops'. Home to Durham Cathedral which was first constructed in 1093 and (I think)...the oldest surviving castle in English history, built in the 10th century and during the reign of William the Conqueror.

Usually always pissing down, but we do get some sun occasionally

I'm jealous of you lot having sandy, sunny beaches....especially Illusional in Hawaii....

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You're just too embarrassed to talk about Texas.
    Haha. I actually miss that place a little. Everything is so big and comfortable.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Moved out of New Orleans, America's toilet bowl back to Philadelphia with it's finely paved roads, beautiful scenery, and no work in sight that isn't owned by the Unions.

At least the toilet had jobs...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I live in California, in a city in Northern Los Angeles County which is consistently ranked in the to 5 places to live in the US with a comparatively low crime rate. Our public schools are top-notch, the terrain is beautiful, and the weather in California is the best in the country. It takes only an hour to get to the beach, to the desert, or to the mountains for skiing. The neighborhoods are well-maintained, and everything is pretty much what most people aspire to if they want to live in a suburb.

On the down side, earthquakes, fire, and flooding. Also, lots of vain, wanna-be teenager again "hipsters" with too much silicone and saline implanted in their body. Barbie-doll women, and stupid men who wonder why these same women aren't more "down to earth". Lots of closeted drug addiction, though I suppose that is probably common in all cities.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast