+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I got me a date

I got me a date

Well, I have a date with this girl I met looking for someone to talk to after what happened a few weeks ago. I went out with her and her friends on the 4th because I needed something to do. I told her that I like her and that I think she's pretty and she didn't get why. So we're going out on Saturday, my first date since 'it' happened and actually my first real date in YEARS. Wow, I'm nervous and excited at the same time.

Any advice?
    "Life is what you make it, watch your Karma and you will be happy in life. Always trust your heart and let God guide you as he will never lead you astray."

Good luck dude, don't do what I did and act like a totally besotted pansy around her, thats the best advice I can give you, I ended up getting dumped for that, lol Good Luck, hope you have fun.

Tone Guest
    Just be yourself. For the love of God don't talk about your ex-girlfriend or your cat.

Let yourself loose and have a good time, just be yourself, be honest. Try to keep the focus on her, cause if you start talkin about yourself you'll probably end up talking about how "hurt" you are from your ex.

Glad to hear you got a date, remember DON'T MENTION YOUR EX GIRLFRIEND OR YOUR DEAD CAT. Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Just be yourself. For the love of God don't talk about your ex-girlfriend or your cat.

Let yourself loose and have a good time, just be yourself, be honest. Try to keep the focus on her, cause if you start talkin about yourself you'll probably end up talking about how "hurt" you are from your ex.

Glad to hear you got a date, remember DON'T MENTION YOUR EX GIRLFRIEND OR YOUR DEAD CAT. Let us know how it goes.
    I agree with this post. And I am laughing as I read it.

Dude, Dont F it up man! Oh and watch a whole bunch of Blind Date Episodes before hand and watch for the good and the bad. It's on like 6 times a day total between all the stupid channels.

Tone Guest
    LoL I use to watch those shows all the time.. Blind Date, Shipmates, Change of Heart.

Congrats, White! Try to avoid committing any "sad puppy" looks, too! In addition to NOT NOT NOT mentioning your ex or your dead cat (lol), I wouldn't say word ONE about having just broke up. Yet. Just say you're out to meet new people and let it go at that. Back off on giving out too many compliments, too. Mostly, just sit back and enjoy her company. I'd be doing everything I could to NOT convey any urgency or tension. Good luck.
    Speak less. Say more.

don't talk too much about yourself. i think that's a mistake a lot of guys make and it just turns women off big time.

mikey and i were at a restaurant the other day and these two people were on a date at the next table over and the guy was going on and on and on about himself and the girl spoke MAYBE twice and it was very short. i told my boyfriend, "i hope that's not a date cause that guy is ****in' it all up." unfortunately i think it was a date. d'oh! just ask questions and let her talk.

Tone Guest
    Now that I think of it

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon20na
    Well, I have a date with this girl I met looking for someone to talk to after what happened a few weeks ago.
    Chances are you already gave her your sob story like you did us about both your ex and probably your cat too... but just do not talk about them at all, don't mention them AT ALL. If by some crazy reason she brings them up, do not get into it. Answer her question as brief and to the point as possible, then move onto another subject. And don't make it seem like you're trying to change the subject, try to be smooth about it ya know? Like answer her if she asks you something about your ex (chances are very high she won't, but hey you probably have talked about her before and she might ask how it's goin or somethin, better to be prepared) just answer and say, all while smiling, "But let's not talk about me, let's talk about you" and find a topic to transition into. The smile is key here!

Like has been said, focus on her.
    Last edited by Tone; 15-07-05 at 11:07 PM.

Tone - you sound like a pro!

well yea, that's how I started talking to her, looking for someone to talk to after that had happened. she knows somewhat about the cat thing. yea, I know to steer clear of all that, especially the ex because not only does it come off bad but it also doesn't help me any in getting through everything.

Thanks for the advice everyone!
    "Life is what you make it, watch your Karma and you will be happy in life. Always trust your heart and let God guide you as he will never lead you astray."

Well I just wanted to say that we went on a date last night, she had to move it to Sunday because of family problems on Saturday.
    It was great, we went to a movie then talked in the car for a while before she went home. I had a wonderful time and it really really did me good. I didn't mention my ex or my cat once.

Tone Guest
    yay!

See? And remember just last week you were goin on about how your life is over and blah blah blah.. that didn't last long now did it?

Glad to hear it went okay, and good job not mentioning the ex or cat! When's the second date?

haha, don't know if there will be one. After she got home and we were talking, she got all weird on me and said that she shouldn't have kissed me because it was too soon after what had happened. She told me she had a really good time and that she had fun but for some reason she just got all weird. Eh, we'll see if she talks to me today.
    But I had fun, enjoyed myself and I feel a million times better.

Tone is right about not mentioning your ex. But, I do it all the friggin' time without noticing it. Although, I think my girl is mature enough to not really care, and she understands what happened to me.

Hope she starts feeling comfortable with you soon, Dragonshooby.