+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend dumped me but said i still like you.

Girlfriend dumped me but said i still like you.

I was seeing my girlfriend for nearly 4 months we got on really well and we seemed to make a nice couple never fell out we had met each others family and friends so over all it was all good.

The only trouble was we didnt see each other much because i lived one side of the town and she did the other. It was like two bus journeys which took about an hour. so we used to see each other twice or maybe three times a week at a push.

I'm learning to drive so hopefully come the middle of the next month i will be driving with a bit of luck in my test of course.

Anyway on Sunday i met up with now my ex and she said to me look your a really nice guy and i do like you but this ain't going to work as Ive got my exams coming up and i don't think i will have time to see you and then she said what do i think.

I didn't really know what to say i just said well i really like you and it would be a shame to split up and she agreed but never changed her mind !

Then she said to me i'm glad we met and i still want you at my birthday party whats coming up so i kinda agreed left and gave each other a hug and that was it on Monday she text me saying hows your day going you don't after reply if you don't want but i did just to be nice and then for most of the night we spoke on msn but nothing about us came up and i didn't mention the subject.

But to be honest i don't know what to now do i carry on been mates and hope she wants me back or do i cut the contact we have and hope she misses me a little.

Yikes i was kinda falling in love with her altho i never told her this but i thought we had a great thing going.

Sorry for going on but what do you think of it all?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I vote you cut contact and move on. She may or may not miss you, but I don't think you should wait around to find out. There are plenty of girls in the world, and you sound quite young. You should be having some fun.

Just so you know, lots of people who do the dumping want to stay "friends" so they can NOT feel like a jerk for hurting you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Yep, sounds like it was to not hurt you. Cut the contact. If she doesn't come back running good riddance.

i would say just stay with friends with her...having friends is normal and staying as friend after breakin up is just as normal...however i don't think it is a good advice to try to be with her again as she as break, join, break, join...she is like climbing your head (no offence)...since you are still young, look around there is still many better girl for you to give your love too...breakin up isn't that bad, you have the freedom, you can flirt around (being honest), you doesn't have to be control by a people...so give yourselves sometime and i believe you will find someone you can spend your love on forever...meanwhile...good luck...

I've tried the whole being friends thing and it is hard when you still have feelings for someone. My ex dumped me and I was crazy about him. He wanted to be friends but it was just to hard. Maybe cut contact for a while, get on with ur life and then try being friends. Now that worked for me

Cut contact... bottom line. Your "recover" rate will double simply by doing this, and your "heart-ache" will fade away faster too. In the meantime, get everything else out of your life that reminds you of your SO, and make new memories with friends.

Sounds like you are pretty young.

So, my suggestion to you would be don't get caught up so early in "feelings and emotions"...you have plenty of time to get totally coufused about what women are "thinking" or "feeling" later.

So be casual and cordial with her, but don't press the issue. Just enjoy your life, but don't ignore her nor pay her too much "lip service".

Especially since you will be driving soon. Home-slice, you'll prolly forget her name once you start driving. And it won't be as a result of other 'tenderonies' knocking down your door (well, that might be it a lil' bit); but it will be primarily because you have allot of living to do. Every day, new things will happen in your life, and all this "confusion" you are having will most likely be replaced with something else.

But the "mack-daddy" in me would suggest you play it cool, don't pay her too much attention, but don't completly play her to the left. Be honest, don't disrespect her, but don't play on her every word.

She will get curious as to what's been going on with you lately. Just tell her, "I've been chillin'"
    (or something to that affect) and keep the conversation light. If she wants to re-spark the relationship, she won't tell you (women are NOTORIOUS for "beating around the bush") but she will hint - and trust me, you will be able to tell if she is just being "friendly" versus "fishing" to see where your head is at. If you want to re-spark the relationship, just play along.

But for right now, just play it "cool" and go with the flow.
    Last edited by Drweed; 27-04-06 at 03:14 AM.

like everyone else said cut contact. i know its hard to do it if you have feelings but to stay friends is gonna hurt you more especially if they start dating someone new and your just still there.

Thanks for the replys all well since we split up we have kept in touch via texting and talking on msn mostly every other day.

Maybe i should make her miss me but i don't know how? guess i was kinda hoping she would change her mind but when we was talking last week she said to me she had been thinking alot about me so i dunno what she wants. why say that?

I get the impression she still likes me but then when i really think about it im like why would she dump me if she did.

I feel like asking her if she still as feelings for me but then that would make me look foolish don't you think?

Im 19 btw mind the spelling never been good at typing lol.

Your right about all the other women in the world but i think me and the ex got along well like you do.

you can always just use the easy button

I don't know, I am not a love guru, with lots of experience, but I would just like to comment on your thing is? I think she loves you, she is being withheld by herself to go for a relationship with you.
    As you said, you have met each other's family. Do you think there could be any reason her family not liking you and her? Many a times, we(men or women) dont commit or you could say can't commit to any relationship because of many reasons: family, friends, job, money, place, etc..
    I don't know what would be her reason, but I would suggest you, to wait for her replies, she said she has her exam coming, you have posted the reply on 25th of April, 2006. Its 6th of May, 2006.
    If you really love her, then support her. Do you believe in your love? If yes, then just allow her and appreciate to what she is saying. Just support her. She thought that by not meeting you could possibly forget her and then it would be easy for you to go for another girl. But, as per my guess, you havent and so has she. Just do whatever she does? I don't think she wants to hurt you, but if she does, then trust her and bear the pain.
    I won't say, don't go for other girls, there would be more beautiful girlz in this world, but would you they be equally hearted like your girlfriend is.... No. No one can be like anyone.
    So, if I was you, I would have waited and let her hurt me. I would imagine this being the test of my love, and would have gone for the test.
    Bye take care lmtc
    Raj...

Quote Originally Posted by rajluvsluv
    I don't know, I am not a love guru, with lots of experience, but I would just like to comment on your thing is? I think she loves you, she is being withheld by herself to go for a relationship with you.
    As you said, you have met each other's family. Do you think there could be any reason her family not liking you and her? Many a times, we(men or women) dont commit or you could say can't commit to any relationship because of many reasons: family, friends, job, money, place, etc..
    I don't know what would be her reason, but I would suggest you, to wait for her replies, she said she has her exam coming, you have posted the reply on 25th of April, 2006. Its 6th of May, 2006.
    If you really love her, then support her. Do you believe in your love? If yes, then just allow her and appreciate to what she is saying. Just support her. She thought that by not meeting you could possibly forget her and then it would be easy for you to go for another girl. But, as per my guess, you havent and so has she. Just do whatever she does? I don't think she wants to hurt you, but if she does, then trust her and bear the pain.
    I won't say, don't go for other girls, there would be more beautiful girlz in this world, but would you they be equally hearted like your girlfriend is.... No. No one can be like anyone.
    So, if I was you, I would have waited and let her hurt me. I would imagine this being the test of my love, and would have gone for the test.
    Bye take care lmtc
    Raj...
    Kewl thans for the reply!!

Well she said her family liked me and i seemed to get on with everyone!

Maybe your right i should just wait but at the moment she just texts me really like she did the other night at about mid-night i don't understand her game!!

Her exams are in june so i think its just an excuse i keep thinking if you like someone you don't dump them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu
    Yep, sounds like it was to not hurt you. Cut the contact. If she doesn't come back running good riddance.
    yep!

Well i thought i would ask your views again.

Since we have split up we aint seen each other but i thought i would just keep a low profile and not really text her much or ring!

But not a week as passed since we have split up since we split up wer we haven't been intouch with each other.

I was texting her last week and i was having a bbq anywaz i mentioned it in the text and i kinda jokinly said you can come if you like...

She replied by saying to me can't believe im working would of been good to c ya n catch up we'll after do summat another time.

So i was like ok kewl and just left it at that.

I haven't really been in touch with her but this week she text me saying!!

Hey just thought you would like to know that the first exam is done n dusted a bit random but thought i would say hello!

So we was texting each other normal stuff!!

But all along I'm thinking in these texts phone calls what does she want I'm 99% sure she still likes me but i don't really know how to bring us back up again.

With her still doing the exams and my holiday coming up there would be no point in going back out yet thats if she wanted but after that do you think ive got a chance!!

I really like her and even after all this time i still think about her everyday its strange but even tho we only went out 5 months i do miss her.

Anywaz what do you lot think?

Am i living on faulse hope or have i got a chance?

King Zarathu Guest
    False hope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast