+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do guys dump girls for no apparent reason?

Why do guys dump girls for no apparent reason?

I was with my ex for only about five months, and I have never been so happy and in love in my life - I thought he felt the same, he certainly seemed to! One day, for no reason, POW - he breaks up with me and couldn't even really give me a reason why... it was something like " I just don't feel the same anymore.." even though he told me he loved me the previous day ...

I'm over this whole thing now, but is there any way of avoiding it? I'm absolutely not the kind of girl who nags or constantly wants a guy with her at all times, I can't honestly see that I did anything wrong, but surely he couldn't have just STOPPED those feelings just like that..?

Dumped for no apparent reason? Perhaps the reason wasn't apparent to you but was pretty apparent to him. So ask yourself, if the relationship was excellent for him then why did he end it? Or assume that the relationship was excellent for him and he ended it anyway which makes him a bit sick. Either way you're better off out of it aren't you?

I reckon I am, though it took me a long time to realise that, I've actually become friends with one of his ex's ( we were friends years ago) and she said he pretty much did the same thing to her aswell, maybe he was just too freaked out by commitment of or something....

Or maybe he just wanted the sex and dumped you as soon as he got what he wanted and played with it for a while. I know about guys who do that, especially if they're very young. For example, when I was a teenager there was this guy (teenager) that got together with his girlfriend just so that he could have sex with her in the end. She was a virgin, so she wanted to wait until the relationship evolved before having sex. They had many sexual experiences with each other during the wait for actual intercourse, while the relationship grew (at least that's what she thought). Eventually, after about 4-5 months, she was happy and felt safe with him and decided to have sex... the next day, he broke up with her. He had got what he wanted. Oh and keep in mind that the whole time they were together, he would recount their sexual experiences to his friends. So much for the "perfect relationship" she thought she was in!

After people get to know each other on a more day to day basis (usually 2-3 months in), they see the good and the bad and sometimes just become bored or disinterested. Usually it's a gradual decline before the breakup, but in your case either you didn't see it, or he just had an epiphany one night and decided it wasn't what he wanted.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

First, not all men just want sex. But this seems to be a trend with the younger guys.

- What were his needs?
    - And did you meet them? If not, there's your answer.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

someguys have a interest for girls as long as she is new to him,once he meets and has lots of conversation with her they get bored,and again seek a new girl ,and another 6 months they will dump her.such guys are like kids playing with a toy,not good for marriage family etc