+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Some questions please help!

Some questions please help!

Hi guys

So two days ago my girlfriend of 5 months broke up with me. Now before i continue i want to just throw a few things she said to me and ill explain them in a little more detail.

1.she said she didn't feel like we were a couple anymore-OK let me explain for the last three weeks we have had very little contact via facebook,texts and/or face to face meeting and although i didnt tell her the reason as to why i sort of didnt feel like seeing/messaging her was that for the last month of been suffering from deep depression[this has been ongoing for a few years but it can become really bad at some stages in my life] and just wasnt feeling up to it doing anything[work/uni/contacting her ect.] and this basically was the deal breaker[obviously] and i know i messed this up badly and if my head was right i could have avoided this.I feel so foolish that i took it for granted

2. she reiterated that this was really hard for her because she still had strong feelings for /i am a great guy/bf ect. but she felt like something was telling her this was the right thing to do for now- I still have strong feelings for her too and am confused and hurt by these comments

3. She said she and I needed time to sort ourselves out- In relation to me she was referring to the fact that i have some serious OCD/Depression/anxiety problems that have no doubt put a toll on the relationship because i wasnt open about those things with her i just didnt want to talk to anyone about those issues. Just a side note on this she is aware of my problems but is not aware of the deep depression over the last few weeks that caused such havoc.

4.The next day I sent her a few messages apologising about what had happen and also to see her and talk this over properly and try and work it out[I want to really explain these last few weeks and sort this out with hopes we can continue].She said she wanted some space so i said i understood and would leave her to some time and space

Now with this in mind i have to say the last two days have been pure hell the pain is unbearable and all i want is to see her and try to talk these problems out. As of yesterday though i decided that i need to let it be give her time and in the meantime sort myself out physically and mentally[eating better/and seeing a therapist which was what i intended to do anyway]. I have also confided to the fact that is she wants to continue after we have a chance to talk things out then great ill make amends of the things i did wrong in the relationship and if not i will have learnt from the relationship[grow from the experience] and continue to get myself better mentally and physically[either way]

so with this info i have a few questions

1.can some one interpret what "i need space means" and how long should i leave before i contact her and have a chat about things?

2. How do i move on and forget in this time frame knowing that we may fix this and be together again?

3. is there anything else you can take from my story any advice about what i should do?

thank you and i eagerly await your replies

apologies for the length-bad grammar

Im sorry but "I need space" normally means its over. Dont contact her

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Im in the midst of a break up so I feel your pain. If your g/f says she needs space give it to her, I know this isnt easy but contacting her will only push her away. I dont know exactly how old you are but you sound like your fairly young, if Im correct you will have plenty of time to meet the right person and you'll see that relationships will come and go its the natural order of things. You need to focus on you, regardless of how hard this is you need to fix you. If not this girl theres another one right around the corner.

edit: I've had a few girls tell me they "needed space" so thats exactly what I gave them and because I gave them what they needed we ended up getting back together. All's not lost
    Last edited by Tug; 15-05-13 at 06:00 PM.

thanks for the advice guys i am early twenties and yeah pretty new to relationships, i have decided to leave her be and fix myself

thanks again for the advice