+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Signals of Interest

Signals of Interest

For the females of the board. How do you indicate that your interested in a guy?
    (guys are horrible when it comes to reading body language)

I've been getting quite alot of women staring at me and I dont know what to make of it? They seem to have some what prolong eye contact with me.

I had one girl on the bus that keeps on looking at me in a crowded bus. She places her hand on her hip (pinching her pants in a semi fist/open hand gesture) I couldnt read her quite?????

I had another girl that kept on drifting around my friends and I at a club. I wasnt sure why she was doing it???? But later one of my friends spoke to her and she gave me this prolong eye contact stare. Not sure if she was interested or not?????
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    For the females of the board. How do you indicate that your interested in a guy?
    (guys are horrible when it comes to reading body language)
    Granted I am no pro, but I can for the most part read the language.

I've been getting quite alot of women staring at me and I dont know what to make of it? They seem to have some what prolong eye contact with me.
    Prolonging eye contact is a good sign that the girl is interested in you.

I had one girl on the bus that keeps on looking at me in a crowded bus. She places her hand on her hip (pinching her pants in a semi fist/open hand gesture) I couldnt read her quite?????
    She is/was most probably interested in you unless there where other guys in your direction/area.

I had another girl that kept on drifting around my friends and I at a club. I wasnt sure why she was doing it???? But later one of my friends spoke to her and she gave me this prolong eye contact stare. Not sure if she was interested or not?????
    She was hanging around you guys because she was trying to make her self available for one of you to talk to her. The fact that she keep looking at you may indicate that she was primary interested in you.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Prolonged eye contact is a good sign. I mean face it, would you stare at someone who you have absolutely no interest in? (I mean other then if they had something bizarrely crazy going on with their presence that day.)

But, all women are different with how they deliver how interested they are. If a woman is shy, she might shy away from you or you might catch her staring but she will look down or blush when your around. She may also get nervous around you, more so then usual.

If a woman is more confident and outgoing, she is usually more open about it. She will make it known. She will openly flirt. ( be careful cuz some women are just naturally flirty even if they have no interest at all.)

The girls you talked about seem to have had an interest in you. They made themselves available. Now you need to get out there and reciprocate. Then when your feeling confident enough, go for it and talk to her. Get to know her and ask her out.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Henry, PM me a picture, would you? I promise I won't share it. I'm really curious.
    Spammer Spanker

Huh?

I'm an average looking guy. Seriously.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Well, personally, I would start looking at him a lot... If he likes me, he'd probably smile or wink or whatever ... I'd smile back or simply turn away from him ... and then he'll probably come and talk to me ...

Furthermore, the body language plays a big role in this field ... Especially when she wants to get his attention...

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah when a guy catches me off guard and is staring or flirty, I tend to shy away or turn away. I try to smile back, but then Im waiting for him to approach me.

I mean he could be smiling at me cuz I got something going on crazy with my hair. LOL.

Thanks everyone I appreciate the input.

How bout this one... Happened to me today...

Girl who sits in front of me in class...

Class got dismissed and I went to talk to the teacher up front and I see this girl taking her sweet ol' time gettin her shit on and I'm talkin to the teach for like 3 minutes and I get back to the table behind her and catch her acting like she's searching for something in her purse and thenn walks alllll the way around all the tables just in time for us to meet at the door. Damn that was good of her.

We ended up talking lol

I don't buy the prolonged eye contact to be one of the signs. I get it all the time...it just happens naturally when both individuals look at each other either at the same time or just happen to notice the other looking at the other.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by The Great OV!!! View Post
    I don't buy the prolonged eye contact to be one of the signs. I get it all the time...it just happens naturally when both individuals look at each other either at the same time or just happen to notice the other looking at the other.
    Since I get girls looking at me a lot I have notice some of a difference between a girl looking at me because of my height from looking at me because they like what they see. The ones that look at me because the like what they see tend to give more of a "baby face" with a smile or the up and down thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    Since I get girls looking at me a lot I have notice some of a difference between a girl looking at me because of my height from looking at me because they like what they see. The ones that look at me because the like what they see tend to give more of a "baby face" with a smile or the up and down thingy.
    Heh, Ill lookfor that. There is this girl in my lab that keeps looking at me, everytime I look she turns away and fixes her hair....ill check for the baby face. Ill always **** with her, when ever she looks away I make sure to just keep staring, freaks her out haha. I dont think I have much interest in her though.
    Last edited by The Great OV!!!; 27-01-07 at 12:11 AM.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess I read the signs all wrong. The guy who was constantly checking me out in the past(even up until last week) brought up his gf over and over again yesterday.

Maybe I'm not so good at this signals thing as I thought. I guess I really wouldn't know if a guy did actually like me.

So...now I know how you guys feel. People really can be hard to read sometimes.
    Last edited by Ellynn; 27-01-07 at 05:05 AM.

Ellynn got it right.

"People are hard to read."

Not girls, people. There is no universal thing anyone can do that screams "Hey, I am interested!" other than saying such. Even asking someone out doesn't necessarily say that. If your gut says "go", but your nerves say "no", tell your nerves to go screw themselves and go introduce yourself, for god's sake!

How do you indicate that your interested in a guy?
    I flirt. a lot.

everyone's different. Do you want to know what the only way to know if she's interested in going out with you is?

.. ask.