+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is she thinking?

What is she thinking?

My girlfriend and I has been in a long distance relationship for 9 months. I feel everything is going great, however she told me recently that one of her friends had asked her to accompany him to a function and she accepted. I had some reservation at first, but I told her it's fine if she wants to go.

The function took place last week, however she told me that after the function, they decided to head for the club after. Once it got a bit late, I tried calling her numerous times, however she didn't pick up my calls and eventually I suspected that the phone was turned off. Eventually, I managed to get through the next morning, and she told me that she had a bit too much too drink and her cellphone's battery died and couldn't pick up my call that.

I tried to ask her what she was up to during the night, however she just mentioned that they were just up for some dancing and did nothing more. She was pretty vague about what she was doing.

I am just wondering what was on her mind and if I should be concerned?

We can't tell you what's on her mind, but it's well known that LDRs are notoriously difficult and that they tend not to meet the needs of all involved.

How often do you see her? And when will the two of you be able to be in close proximity?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

We see each other about once a month. We have sort of talked about moving and be together, but nothing concrete yet.

Seeing each other once a month isn't enough is it? So either make the changes so you can spend more time with each other or end it because you can't leave things the way they are.
    Did you actually spend serious time together before this long distance stuff?

We got together when she was visiting with her friends for a whole month.

I must admit that it's not ideal, but the time we spent together has been great, and lately we have been having more serious conversation on making this work.

However, this whole incident really leaves me thinking and I keep on thinking whether she is interested in this friend of hers or if she may be planning to take things further with him.

She most likely ****ed him. Sucked his dick, at least, guaranteed. Just dump her or it will be more of the same, and you'll be the insecure, jealous freak.

I suggest having sex with another girl prior to the breaking up, then informing her of it during the break up conversation.

The way I see it, you have an ultimatum... You can either choose to trust her and accept her answer, or you can walk away because you don't feel like you can.

But, if you ask me, it sounds to me you've already made that choice; otherwise, you wouldn't be here on an advice forum asking us to read her mind...

This is just the beginning of the end. You can't keep having this arrangement for much longer. She's young and beautiful surrounded by available guys....she will meet someone eventually or said guy. We see this all the time on the boards......seeing each other once a month is not much of a relationship......for now it's been running on infatuation (the honeymoon stage), but that will soon dry up.

In an LDR I would often go to events with male friends. If I had a cell phone back then, I would have left it on & called my guy from the event. I also would have found time to slip into the ladies' room or outside, or some place quiet to call or at least text him, even if I was innocently in a club. she didn't do that so you have to ask yourself why?